Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When will myth be back?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
My myth wizard won 1 and lost 27 yesterday cause it was just a bad day for rng factors for him. But the real problem is my myth shadow spell does not give me a guaranteed benefit as apposed to all the other shadow spells in the game. The minion from baba will come out and literally waste all his pips on a natural attack rather than healing me or weaknessing or black mantle or SOMETHING useful. And then yesterday he decided to heal himself twice in a row with pixie after i summoned him. Balances mander will always shield blade weakness or black mantle guaranteed, or even donate pips. I thought MYTH was the master of MINIONS. As if thats not enough stun blocks ruin half myths strategies and its not like myth can answer back and say OH found my -90% efreet weakness shield or found my loremaster debuff shield! Its really not fair at all. I really just want my favorite school to come back to life cause its dead and noone can argue, go head and count the amount of myths on the leaderboard from level 76-110, you'd be lucky to find 10. Will there be changes the myth school soon, or is it just dead and no longer has any hope, i need to know before i keep playing on him so i can just make a new wizard.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
Alright. You're being a little dramatic.

Myth wizards may not have the best arsenal of spells available to them, but they are surely not as weak as you are to believe.

In fact, as you say stun block ruins half of a Myth wizard's strategy, but then every opponent you play against has to stun block, or you've pretty much won the duel. Forcing them to stun block solely because of your school is a huge advantage in itself. That said, not only do they have to actually be carrying stun blocks, they need to draw them as well. You will build up eight pips extremely quickly, and if they don't have their stun block on by then, you can win. Medusa will stun them for two rounds giving you a huge advantage, or even the win. Especially if you're going first.

Myth Wizards also have access to Cleanse Ward and Pierce, which can be extremely useful. Not to mention Earthquake is one of the best spells in the game, especially in 4v4 PvP.

Your opponent also needs to spend twice as many rounds shielding against you, again only because you've chosen Myth as your school. Spells like Minotaur and Orthrus can flat out win you the duel by being able to remove tower shields and hit in the same round.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I understand everything your saying man and thanks for telling me that stuff. You pointed out everything I use to do, but you completely ignored the new shadow spells and pierce gems that people get these days. I can't use those types of spells like minotaur or orthrus anymore even if it is a double hit. Orthrus base is what 768 enchanted for 7 pips, gaze of fate is 675, and then 675, and then a bubble for 5 pips...... I don't see myths advantage there. Also you forgot to mention how other schools aren't affected by things like stun blocks. Fire and ice only lose one spell. I lose like 3 or 4. On top of that I can't block 90% efreet weaknesses or loremaster debuffs or deaths weaknesses or storms enfeeble with a shield of any type. On top of that everyone in the game has access to pierce its a cheap tc its not unique to the school of myth. You simply pointed out what use to make myth powerful but now we are simply outmatched I am losing hope after losing so many matches I think I may just have to make a new school which is perfectly fine, but I wish people could see myth is nothing to fear at 100+ and the leaderboards prove that.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
If the new myth spell doesn't work for you, don't use it
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
riri330 on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
If the new myth spell doesn't work for you, don't use it
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465
Thats a bad idea, he won't have any good hitting low pip spells then.

Lvl 110
Lvl 66
Lvl 25

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
your should chance pvp (make myth wizard go back to earthquake spamming) that was myth best out of there talent they was good at!

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Witch's Housecall is the best thing myth has gotten since medusa. It does 100 damage shy of FFA and the minion can either be sacrificed for health or more pips. I have tier 2 Rasputin and baba yaga athame and amulet and made it to captain 29-14. My answer is prodigious myth has been back since the Polaris release.