Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I under leveled to be in DragonSpyre?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
So my fellow wizards, I am in need of some answers. Am I slightly (or maybe a lot) under the proper level for DragonSpyre? I am currently a level 43 Death Wizard questing in the crucible, collecting the spirit from lord obsidian's tomb to be exact. I have not done many side quests as I did on my first character, a level 78 balance wizard, and it crowded my questbook. I have mainly soloed most of the game as of this far, except for the harder dungeons. But the farther I go the more I struggle.
I'm concerned that maybe skipping the side quests have messed me up, thought multiple sources have told me they are not much of a concern. My guess is it's either this or my bad deck set up at the moment. If someone could help me decide it would be great. It wouldn't be horrible to go back and side quest and I'd rather do it before I got to far into the game. Thank you

~Daniel ShadowHeart Level 43~
~Hannah GhostHeart Level 78~

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Nah I was about your level when i did dragonspyre

~Adam storm level 70

~Adam death level 4

~Adam fire level 5

~Adam ice level 6

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
You should definitely do side quests, especially after you finish Dragonspyre. Celestia is a huge jump in difficulty, and I found it almost impossible to do without going back and doing side quests and Grizzleheim and Celestia. Yes, do side quests.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Nope I did not do any side quests and now i am in avalon

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Way under level. My storm is level 40, isn't even halfway through mooshu. You should get to 50 at around the hatchery if your good. I'm going to explain what levels you should be in what world

Here is what happens when you do some side quests but not every single one: You should be about level 15 at the end of wiz 25 at the end of krok. 37 at the end of mooshu. around 50 something at the end of dragonspyre. Level 64-67 at the end of celestia. And etc.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Hey!
You are quite under the normal level for dragonspyre, but don't worry, I got to dragonspyre at level 39-40. I am level 41 now though, but I have gone back and done sides and I recommend you do the same just so dragonspyre can be completed easily for you:)

- Rowan Ironhammer level 41

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You're at a normal level for skipping sides. All my wizards (after my first) skipped sides up to the end of Dragonspyre. I would suggest doing Grizzleheim/Wintertusk before venturing past the Floating Lands in Celestia. You'll level up quite a bit and gain access to really good crafted gear. Celestia is a bit of a leap in difficulty for the solo wizard. You most definitely want to reach 48 to get Scarecrow before going too far into Celestia. I was level 44 when I completed DS on my Death.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I was around your level when I got into Dragonspyre. At first I thought it was also a bit of a normal level to enter DS with, until everyone kept asking me why I'm at such a low level...

My reason is because I never really had enough time to deal with side quests in worlds like Wysteria or Grizzelheim, but at this point I actually regret not doing them.

Melissa Smith - Master Sorcerer Lvl. 43

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hi Daniel,

And your not too under-leveled. I've been seeing theses type of questions a lot lately, I want all you guys who are doubting about if your too low to stop worrying. If you were too under-leveled to be in Dragonspyre, then how would you even be in Dragonspyre? Keep that in mind.

--Fiona

Survivor
Jun 12, 2016
You're not too under leveled, just a little bit. You don't have to all of the sidequests, but try to do some. Even if I didn't do a lot of sidequests in Marleybone and MooShu, I entered Dragonspyre at level forty five. (lol, over leveled much) But if you do decide to not side quest, try to have a friend with you a lot, it will help. Even as a level forty eight, I teamed up.

Here's what I did.

Wizard City - Level 17

Krokotopia - Level 33

Marleybone - Level 40

Mooshu - Level 45

Dragonspyre - Level 48 to ??? (currently level 49, hasn't even completed The Great Chasm yet)

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I always start Dragonspyre around level 33 and end it around 38.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Not 38 I mean around 42. That just wouldn't make sense.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
< Kinda a late-enterer.
I entered in Level 47 due to the reason I was already Level 20 when i got a membership

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
you'll be fine, your a perfect level

Explorer
May 09, 2011
frostednutella on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
I always start Dragonspyre around level 33 and end it around 38.
How do you start DS at level 33? Is it even possible? Also, a span of around nine levels would make sense, but if you go to Celestia before you can get your level 48 spell you're gonna be in trouble at the first boss.

To the OP: There's no such thing as being "underleveled" it's just the way you went about things in the storyline.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
You didn't read my other post correcting myself to finishing at level 42. Yes it is possible if you don't do any side quests. Also its level 43 that gets you to Celestia. Also there actually is no such thing as being under leveled if you have a strategy. Under leveled isn't really a thing because of level minimums to start worlds.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
frostednutella on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
You didn't read my other post correcting myself to finishing at level 42. Yes it is possible if you don't do any side quests. Also its level 43 that gets you to Celestia. Also there actually is no such thing as being under leveled if you have a strategy. Under leveled isn't really a thing because of level minimums to start worlds.
"I started Dragonspyre at level 33 and finished at 38. (corrected to 42 afterwards)"

So if you didn't do any side quests how is it that my balance is level 39 and about to enter DS? The last side quest I ever did was back in Marleybone, and it was for Zeke.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
BluJewel on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
"I started Dragonspyre at level 33 and finished at 38. (corrected to 42 afterwards)"

So if you didn't do any side quests how is it that my balance is level 39 and about to enter DS? The last side quest I ever did was back in Marleybone, and it was for Zeke.
I don't know but I am very sure I am correct because I just recently beat mooshu and dragonspyre on a character within a day of each other so I don't know what the problem with your character is but trying to prove me wrong won't work because I am 100% correct about what I had said with starting the worlds.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
chocosavage on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
You're not too under leveled, just a little bit. You don't have to all of the sidequests, but try to do some. Even if I didn't do a lot of sidequests in Marleybone and MooShu, I entered Dragonspyre at level forty five. (lol, over leveled much) But if you do decide to not side quest, try to have a friend with you a lot, it will help. Even as a level forty eight, I teamed up.

Here's what I did.

Wizard City - Level 17

Krokotopia - Level 33

Marleybone - Level 40

Mooshu - Level 45

Dragonspyre - Level 48 to ??? (currently level 49, hasn't even completed The Great Chasm yet)
You're about the same level as me

Mary Skywalker level 46
On storm lord

Survivor
Aug 28, 2012
Im level 48 Death literaly just fought cyrus

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
A life wizard newly made. He has done zero side quests except for spell quests.
Finished Wizard City level 9.
Started Mooshu level 23.
Started Dragonspyre level 35.
Deafeated Malistaire level 42.

Please allow us to go to Celestia without a level limit.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Daniel ShadowHeart on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
So my fellow wizards, I am in need of some answers. Am I slightly (or maybe a lot) under the proper level for DragonSpyre? I am currently a level 43 Death Wizard questing in the crucible, collecting the spirit from lord obsidian's tomb to be exact. I have not done many side quests as I did on my first character, a level 78 balance wizard, and it crowded my questbook. I have mainly soloed most of the game as of this far, except for the harder dungeons. But the farther I go the more I struggle.
I'm concerned that maybe skipping the side quests have messed me up, thought multiple sources have told me they are not much of a concern. My guess is it's either this or my bad deck set up at the moment. If someone could help me decide it would be great. It wouldn't be horrible to go back and side quest and I'd rather do it before I got to far into the game. Thank you

In my book, you're way under leveled (Started DS at level 47)
In the game's book, you're slightly under leveled
In people who don't do side quest's book, you're normal leveled.
If you'll be soloing most of the game, you should consider doing sides to stay one step further than the game.
People now a days refuse to help others and also are easily annoyed (like myself) when bombarded by help requests.
So, with this said, sometimes it's just better you prepare yourself fully for any difficulties you may face so that you'll be able to handle it adequately.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2015
Daniel ShadowHeart on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:

I don't think so, I am level 46 , still in DragonSpyre. I believe I started at level 42, but I think I am a little bit of a high level for DS cuz I did a lot of side q's. Ex. ( I did all in Wizard City and Krokatopia) So I think ur fine to be in the Crucible because thats where I am now at level 46. So ur good.

~Victoria DarkGem 46
~? ?? 5

Survivor
Aug 15, 2015
due3333 on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
Way under level. My storm is level 40, isn't even halfway through mooshu. You should get to 50 at around the hatchery if your good. I'm going to explain what levels you should be in what world

Here is what happens when you do some side quests but not every single one: You should be about level 15 at the end of wiz 25 at the end of krok. 37 at the end of mooshu. around 50 something at the end of dragonspyre. Level 64-67 at the end of celestia. And etc.
I did Wysteria at lvl 25.....

~Victoria DarkGem 46
~? ?? 5