Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Feature: Daily Assignments

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Earn rewards for playing Wizard101 each day, with Daily Assignments. Wizards level 12 and above should visit Aegon Statz in Ravenwood to take on the quest “The Gravulum Order” for an introduction to Daily Assignments. Then, every day when you log in, you can either visit Aegon or the Gravulum Lodestone item in your home to see the assignment for the day. Assignments will send you all over the Spiral to defeat various foes and earn cumulative rewards.

Each day that you complete the Daily Assignment will grant a progressively better reward, with the 15th day providing the best reward possible. After you’ve completed the cycle, it will start over again and you can continue to earn more rewards.

Daily Assignments reward Gold, Arena Tickets, Crowns and more! If you are unable to complete a Daily Assignment, don’t worry. You’ll be able to pick back up where you left off at any time.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the ONLY issue I see with it right now, is that the assignment doesnt show up in your quest log, so it's easy to forget what you're doing. Great idea otherwise

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
dayerider on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
the ONLY issue I see with it right now, is that the assignment doesnt show up in your quest log, so it's easy to forget what you're doing. Great idea otherwise
Same here, I wonder if we should have a little symbol in the corner of our screen that we can hover over and remember what to do? Maybe it should only show up if we go to the lodestone or the guy and get the assignment, to avoid visual clutter for people who don't want to do it. Other that that, I am absolutely LOVING this new feature! I can't wait to get arena tickets to feed my wooden castle block obsession lol

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Oh, one more thing- should the lodestone should be no-trash/no-sell and possibly no-trade? Or maybe just give someone the option to get a new lodestone if they accidentally trash or otherwise sell/destroy it? I tested it out by letting one of my other wizards' pets eat her lodestone, and I made another one sell hers, and there's no way for either of them to get their stones back now unless they borrow the lodestone from my main wizard, which would get old very fast. It's obviously not crucial but it's pretty useful nonetheless and unless it's given to another wizard on the same account, I think we should be able to redeem another one if we lost the first.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
I think the Crowns reward for Daily Assignments should be increased. Something like 50/75/100 Crowns (rather than 10/15/25) seems fair considering it's over a 15 day period.

Overall, I think it's a great addition.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Starblood653 on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
Oh, one more thing- should the lodestone should be no-trash/no-sell and possibly no-trade? Or maybe just give someone the option to get a new lodestone if they accidentally trash or otherwise sell/destroy it? I tested it out by letting one of my other wizards' pets eat her lodestone, and I made another one sell hers, and there's no way for either of them to get their stones back now unless they borrow the lodestone from my main wizard, which would get old very fast. It's obviously not crucial but it's pretty useful nonetheless and unless it's given to another wizard on the same account, I think we should be able to redeem another one if we lost the first.
I hadnt even checked out the lodestone thingy yet, just started trying the quest

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I absolutely love this new addition to the game! It gives me a reason to log on everyday, and I love going back to the first arc worlds to do the little quests. I am not a farmer, especially of the harder dungeons, or a PVPer, so once a new world is done, I'm pretty much gone. I'm so glad that there are daily quests for players, like me, who prefer lighter, more soloable, content. Not all of us like dungeons that require a well oiled team all the time.

Now I feel that there is something for me to do that has brought new life and magic back to the game for me. Now I want to log in everyday and work towards earning those rewards. Thank you KI.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
First - will there be new Menu Chat phrases added for the Daily Assignments activity?

Second - shouldn't the assignments be different for wizards of varying levels -- commensurate with the varying reward levels? How would a brand new Level 12 Wizard with Menu Chat get to MooShu to defeat Sorrow Whisperers? Not to mention that it would add a little variety to the activity if my six wizards of various levels had different assignments to work on, rather than all six of them heading off to the Haunted Cave to defeat a Rotting Fodder one after the other.

Third - the reward gold didn't show up in the chat window like other gold received does, shouldn't it?

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
The daily assignments need to appear in the quest log. Perhaps as a "no arrow" quest? It's too easy to forget what I was looking for.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I for one love this idea. I've always wanted to be able and quest in all the previous worlds, and this is a great way to implement that! The daily assignments should have quests that send you all over the worlds.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
That is an issue. Daily assignments can be added to the quest log, or added to a second "Daily Assignments" quest log (this would be cool), or there could be a new addition in the book to keep track of them. Whatever you do, there definitely should be a way to keep track of daily assignments!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
SacredChargeBestLi... on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
I think the Crowns reward for Daily Assignments should be increased. Something like 50/75/100 Crowns (rather than 10/15/25) seems fair considering it's over a 15 day period.

Overall, I think it's a great addition.
Agreed. I'd even say there could be crown-specific quests. Maybe something like the more enemies you defeat, the more crowns you could get, with a limit on the enemies of course. So for example, every 5 enemies you defeat you earn 10 crowns, and you cannot defeat more then, say, 25 enemies. This means you could earn 250 crowns!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I can't find the guy who gives daily assignments.He's supposedly in Grizzleheim but I can't find him there - where is he?

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
Haven't actually checked this out, but oh my goodness this sounds incredible! It's like you guys read my mind, just a few weeks ago I was thinking about this exact thing!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Halloween Chick on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
First - will there be new Menu Chat phrases added for the Daily Assignments activity?

Second - shouldn't the assignments be different for wizards of varying levels -- commensurate with the varying reward levels? How would a brand new Level 12 Wizard with Menu Chat get to MooShu to defeat Sorrow Whisperers? Not to mention that it would add a little variety to the activity if my six wizards of various levels had different assignments to work on, rather than all six of them heading off to the Haunted Cave to defeat a Rotting Fodder one after the other.

Third - the reward gold didn't show up in the chat window like other gold received does, shouldn't it?
what does menu chat have to do with a quest? How would they get there? They wont. A F2P person gets quests for WC they cant finish, so I dont know if that would happen, we'll have to wait and see. Remember though, not everything on test hits live with the same mechanics

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Fable Finder on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
I can't find the guy who gives daily assignments.He's supposedly in Grizzleheim but I can't find him there - where is he?
Lol what? read the update notes again.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Starblood653 on Mar 20, 2016 wrote:
Lol what? read the update notes again.
I meant Ravenwood woops. Must've been thinking about Grizzleheim, lol. Anyway, I can't find any daily assignment giver in Ravenwood.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
A video shows him next to blossom but he's not next to blossom for me.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I am SO excited about this update! I haven't played in awhile because I've been kinda bored but this update is worth coming back and staying awhile. :D

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
like the idea but here a thing put in quest log (to easy) to get the awards

game gotta be hard once and while (How Game Goes) make game to easy won't be any fun!

I agree increase crown more but rather want them increase arena ticket for people have trouble getting arena ticket in rank pvp!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
JustinFrostHunter on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:

game gotta be hard once and while (How Game Goes) make game to easy won't be any fun!

I agree increase crown more but rather want them increase arena ticket for people have trouble getting arena ticket in rank pvp!
just because it's put in your QL as a reminder (once you get the task) doesnt make it any easier to finish, it just lets you know what you're working on. Do the fishing quests being put in the book make it easier? the zeke quests? etc?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 20, 2016 wrote:
A video shows him next to blossom but he's not next to blossom for me.
Uh I'd like to do the daily assignments so this is a legitimate problem for me. Why can't I see the daily assignments guy?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
JustinFrostHunter on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:

I agree. I think the difficulty of these quests is finding them. However, that said, I think that's about as difficult as they should be. I like how they are now. There is enough stuff in the game that takes a well oiled team of four to get thru. Its time for some light, easy, quick, soloable, fun stuff to do for a change. I think the rewards are perfect for the difficulty involved. I personally, don't want to see anything change with the exception of maybe a way to have these quests on our books somehow.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Uh I'd like to do the daily assignments so this is a legitimate problem for me. Why can't I see the daily assignments guy?
Anyone, anyone?