Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre is too gloomy

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Seriously, this needs to be fixed. Dragonspyre needs to be more like Firecat Alley in design - it needs a blue sky, or Wizard101 needs to add the option to change sky colors/hues/tints throughout the worlds. It was okay at first but as I was close to the end the gloominess started to get depressing to the point that I either did side quests, went on my other wizards, or stopped playing for a while. So like I said, Dragonspyre either needs a blue sky, Wizard101 needs more customizability, or Dragonspyre should be shorter.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
I haven't been in Dragonspyre in a long time, but if my memory is correct, Dragonspyre did have a blue sky at one point. Also, the majority of people in Dragonspyre are ghosts/dead for a reason I forget.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
There is a blue sky when you go back in time before the Dragon Army attacked, but present-Dragonspyre is supposed to be gloomy.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
I don't see why something that has been fine for years suddenly *needs* to be changed because it bothers you. It's part of the theme, adding rainbows and unicorns and sunshine would ruin the feel of it. It'd also be a waste of resources to make customizable skies, and it would ruin the pacing of the world if it was made shorter. They're also all extreme solutions to a problem only you have. It really shouldn't be done.

Delver
May 12, 2012
I personally do not see the need. Dragonspyre has fire-breathing dragons and ghosts and things that you would see in a ghost story. I like it gloomy, actually. Also, I think there is an option somewhere in your settings where you can brighten it up. Maybe that would assist you a little.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Fable Finder on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:
Seriously, this needs to be fixed. Dragonspyre needs to be more like Firecat Alley in design - it needs a blue sky, or Wizard101 needs to add the option to change sky colors/hues/tints throughout the worlds. It was okay at first but as I was close to the end the gloominess started to get depressing to the point that I either did side quests, went on my other wizards, or stopped playing for a while. So like I said, Dragonspyre either needs a blue sky, Wizard101 needs more customizability, or Dragonspyre should be shorter.
How did you ever make it through Nightside or the Haunted Cave without going completely insane?

Survivor
Feb 12, 2016
Fable Finder on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:
Prestiged friend,

I haven't been there in a while, but DragonSpyre is supposed to be depressing and somewhat creepy. I mean, it's where Malistaire is, and I for one actually kinda like the lava lakes and billion-year-old ghosts there!

~NordicMage72
Duncan NightSword (12)

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
The sky and gloominess of DragonSpyre match the world's history of struggle with internal power and the Dragon Titan. These things crippled DragonSpyre, and they are the reason for all the ghosts found there. After the devastation brought on by the Dragon Titan, and without the proper population to rebuild the world, I believe the gloom is appropriate.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Out of all the worlds I've been to so far, I find Dragonspyre a bit depressing. It's just sad how it ended up, too bad it can't be restored.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
I for one think that dragonspyre doesn't need to be changed. It seems good, considering of what the story is about. Having it gloomy seemed, for me, to match the theme mostly. Although I do think that dragonsypre should be shorter.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
The sky and gloominess of DragonSpyre match the world's history of struggle with internal power and the Dragon Titan. These things crippled DragonSpyre, and they are the reason for all the ghosts found there. After the devastation brought on by the Dragon Titan, and without the proper population to rebuild the world, I believe the gloom is appropriate.

Best of luck!
S.S.
Exactly! Dragonspyre should remain as is; the look is appropriate to the story line.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I'm not suggesting adding rainbows and sunshine. I know what it represents, but it's not good if a world is so depressing and gloomy that it encourages someone to stop playing. And guess what happened? I did stop playing for a while there. There's no resources making customizable skies, tints, and hues. It's just a bit of time and code.

You know, the world where Malistaire is doesn't need to be gloomy. It would be cliche breaking if it was rainbows and unicorns and sunshine. In fact, it would've made things more interesting in my opinion - adding a layer of mystery to the world.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Dragonspyre is the ruins of an incredible city that was completely destroyed by a Titan. I personally love the design for DS and wouldn't change it one bit. Making it cheerier would ridiculous and not match the theme at all.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
KieranUni on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Dragonspyre is the ruins of an incredible city that was completely destroyed by a Titan. I personally love the design for DS and wouldn't change it one bit. Making it cheerier would ridiculous and not match the theme at all.
All I'm saying is make it not so depressing.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Dragonspyre is the end of the true Wizard101 story, the original story, or at least the first story ark.

In Dragonspyre you are chasing Malistaire to the top of the Great Spyre before he can re awake the great Fire Titan!

I think it appropriate that the sky is what it is!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Just hurry through the main quests then. You can always do Side quests in Mooshu, Wizard City, Krokotopia, Wysteria and Celestia (when you get there) if you really want to do side quests. It is intended to be gloomy as the other people have mentioned. I think it's nice to have gloomy worlds (Dragonspyre, Darkmoore) and bright worlds (Wizard City, Mooshu, Celestia) and not have to make everything cross compatible all the time. Just my thoughts....

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I honestly enjoy having a bit of change in the setting for DS. I felt as if Mooshu was incredibly cheerful and too vivid for my tastes. I like a setting with more darker and ominous undertones. Then again, that's just my own opinion.

Melissa Smith- Master Sorcerer Lvl. 43