Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon's Hoard Pack question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
I noticed that the Dragon's hoard came back for a limited time, so I bought crowns hoping I would get the bone dragon.
Now I have a question-

Does the Dragon's Hoard pack have 'better luck' than other packs?
I say this because after buying 5 packs, I had the bone dragon along with dragon wings (both permanent). Was this just luck or does that pack have a better drop rate than most others? Just wondering.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It's possible that you just got very lucky. I actually had the same thing happen, though I had bought 10 packs. Still, I got the bone dragon in the very first pack I opened, and the wings weren't in the last pack neither... maybe around pack 6 or 7.

But even before that, back around the time the Dragon's Hoard pack first came out, I got a bone dragon mount within my first 5 packs on a different account. I think the only other pack I've gotten a permanent mount from was the Phoenix Hoard pack, but that was after a lot of packs bought. Every other pack I get 1 or 7 day rentals, never the permanent mount.

Based on my experience with packs, I've had the same experience as you. I've certainly had better luck with Dragon's Hoard than any other pack when it comes to getting the drops I want.

Others might disagree though. I had seen a year or more ago where someone had the opposite luck, where they spent thousands upon thousands of Crowns on those packs and never got the bone dragon.

Either we were just lucky, or some others have been very unlucky. It's kind of why I stopped buying packs. I only bought some this week to gift to my other account that doesn't have any Crowns, and the wizards are all just starting out. I was hoping to just get them some decent gear, I was quite happy when they wound up with 2 permanent mounts.