Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Item Requests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2017
Hello, I was wondering if you guys would be able to let users share houses like roommates! Also, if there can be a sky option, where we can change the color/background. Just was wondering, thank you!

Survivor
May 14, 2020
I agree with @zuzusobh123 on this. Please give us customizable skybox (the appearance of the sky). It could work similarly to wallpapers, except that would be animated.

Also, I'd love to see this affect the indoors light coming from the windows. Example: the Red Barn Farm is always sunny, and the indoors light inside the house is a brilliant golden color. If someone were to change the sky to be a night sky with loads of shooting stars and an aurora borealis shining overhead, then perhaps a blue-green to blue-violet color light could appear from the windows.

It does require some tweaking, but it would be so cool. Epic Fantasy Palace at night, with shooting stars?

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I really like the Mount Olympus Statues of the gods to be available as housing items and all the banners too.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Honestly there are so many things I would like to have as housing items, but something that towers over the rest is the gazebo in unicorn way. I also noticed that it has a life-theme to it so if there was one for each school that would be really cool! Always looking for more additions to my castle

Keira ThunderCloud - lvl. 20

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I'd love to have a new house inspired by - but not exactly like - the architectural elements found in Ariel Shores and Nowhere Village - the areas immediately out the Spiral Door into Empyrea.

The aspects not like this area are - it's a wreck area - but the house would be intact and in good condition, some elements more match Mooshu, so they'd be absent, and the overall area is gloomy - the atmosphere should be more like the Storm House - rainy but not at all gloomy. Also, these are basically some kind of ship - but this would be a house created with the same INFLUENCES - but not like a ship of any kind. And it would not feature the too-rustic log & rope fence.

This house would be like a hybrid between Caer Lyon in Avalon and Ariel Shores and Nowhere Village in Empyrea. houses not ships, good condition not ruined/broken, round lines, heavy beams, waddle and daub or wood boards, translucent color wash instead of dense "paint", beautiful grass, stormy or clear sky, rain would be nice, but not gloomy at all. Large wide yard, hilly or tiered for variety.

Specific Items to add to the game ~

Ariel Shores - world door area:

• the red and blue crates
  • the flower on the edge of the land - sans the crown - maybe a color tweak to brighten it up - and in a series of colors or dye-able would be perfect.
  • the pyramid shaped item by the World Door - would be a great roof to a gazebo in the yard of that house I want
  • the desk lamp on the crate outside the arc - there's a tool box there too - I just want that desk lamp though
  • the house would have a brighter but still stormy sky and the rain from this area

Nowhere Village - connected to world door area:
  • the lanterns outside the doors on the buildings- the ones that kind of match that desk lamp
  • wall hanging windows in the colors and styles on the buildings - round, arch, square, rectangle - wholes and quad pane - red, blue, green, purple and orange - all with the diamond pattern over the pane.
  • wall paper like the exteriors of these buildings - translucent color "washes" in red, green, blue, tan- with the stained beam trimmings
  • the house would have the heavy beam, rounded lines, color wash stains - maybe be dye able so we could pick and change the exterior as well as the interior.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
School Room & Tower Packs
  • the new teacher portrait + one for Weathersfield
  • the torches inside the school room
  • the teachers desk
  • singles of the student desk - modified so the bottles are gone and the usable surface is the same size area as the original dorm desk
  • windows as wall hangings from the classrooms
  • an alcove bookshelf with magical sides so that you can set it into a corner or on a wall of a room and the item blends in as if we'd used the new furniture moving controls. you can walk into it like in the school room, but the shelf is empty and you can put whatever you want on. Meanwhile all the individual items from the shelves are on sale in the Bazaar and dropped from bosses and fishing chests.
  • the interactive book
  • the book shelves from the school towers - the ones that don't have skulls and brains and tusks/teeth in jars can be as they are - but also a couple empty ones we can fill.
  • all the books, bottles, test tubes, lanterns and untidy scrolls would be available in the bazaar and chests/bosses
  • the new chest too
  • the plant in the towers
  • stack of 7 books with candle on top
  • stack of 4 books from teachers desk in classroom
  • single volumes of the school text from the student desks
  • Interactive chalk board wall hanging we can leave text notes for ourselves in our dorm or a house. It could use the chat system so same settings. But I could remind myself of things per character. or per house - gardening, pet locations, whatever.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2012
Emma Emerald on Sep 7, 2020 wrote:
Honestly there are so many things I would like to have as housing items, but something that towers over the rest is the gazebo in unicorn way. I also noticed that it has a life-theme to it so if there was one for each school that would be really cool! Always looking for more additions to my castle

Keira ThunderCloud - lvl. 20
me too

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I wish we could have ALL the interactive history and lore items (books, paintings, stones, tapestries - etc. )

I'd love to put them in my Massive Fantasy Palace's upper room like a great library and whenever I wanted to hear a story again I'd just go there - not have to try to find a spot in a world.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I wish we could use Photomancy to create our own pictures from our travels

AND put them in picture frames on our walls
AND that we could get all the frames from the game - but a good start would be the ones right in Wizard City.

It would be ideal if we could crop the photos as we wish - then select the frame and the frame magically fit to our cropping.

And that the frames would be dye-able for when we change our decor.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2016
Titan's Lullaby and the chaos jungle combat theme music scrolls

Nether of them are listed in wiki, I've checked the bazaar a few times and been farming the chaos jungle and Husk couple days.

Thanks

Victoria

I do enjoy the music player from the saloon in Miranda

Survivor
Jan 14, 2017
Helenie Nightseer on Sep 15, 2020 wrote:

AND that we could get all the frames from the game - but a good start would be the ones right in Wizard City.

It would be ideal if we could crop the photos as we wish - then select the frame and the frame magically fit to our cropping.

I agree. What other use is photomancy after we do the quests? And there are so many times I have visited areas and wished I could capture it and put it in one of my several houses. I would even just be happy to be able to frame them in whatever was programed. Cropping is a good idea. Thanks Helenie!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love the Covered Wagon (sometimes in Bazaar - looks like an irl Vardo style Romani wagon)

I'd love to have a giant rug exactly like the red cover with it's detailing and the same rich color.
And matching window curtains that automatically adjust to the window wall hanging we've put them over.

And an alternative version of the same rug with in the blue of the interior curtain

and another with that same Christmas Green of the wooden wagon.

Also - I love the color of the new purple quilt flooring - but is there any chance of an alternative version that's smoothed out in the middle and the button removed, so it's the same color with it's variations - but looks more like large tiles than a quilt?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Can we have a Wizard City Castle that's based on CERTAIN ELEMENTS of Fireglobe Theater?

I'm standing in it now and just noticing the starry painted blue wash boards of the ceiling and the brown wood trim with the swirly carvings. Also the little schools rug as you go out the door. And the stone walls - the brown and blue gray (NOT the greenish gray accent verticals.) And the brassy golden hue of the double doors - they look like wood but the color is different from other doors. And the rich red and goldenrod starry stage curtains.

I wish we could have a large house and yard made of these materials in a style we'd likely see in Old Town, The Commons, The Shopping District, Ravenwood -- NOT FIRECAT, or the other outer streets.

And the yard would make you think of Ravenwood and Unicorn Way. With the amazing new grass & flowers & trees and the bright blue of the Commons.

My favorite are of the game is Wizard City central and Unicorn Way (after we redeem it) and I'd love a house like the two Wizard City houses - but no theater in the yard, way bigger yards, and bigger than the smaller house. With these beautiful bits from the Fireglobe Theater.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
Arcanum themed furniture!

I'm assuming that we're getting more Arcanum content with the new world, so I'm hoping to see more furniture and other Arcanum themed items/gear.

Thanks!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Can we please have:

*The Blue Wizarding Wallpaper in the character selection classroom (when we first log on- it's like Ambros's red and gold wallpaper, but it's blue instead.)

*all the rugs in the Wizard City shops - but ESPECIALLY the one in the dye shop. It's amazing!
also the drapings we see on some counters to match or coordinate with each rug but not for counters - they'd go

over the top and down the sides of our various windows. It'd be great if they were "smart" drapes and fitted

themselves to which ever window they were put above.

* the green rug inside Bartlbey

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
I'm unsure if this is already a housing item, but if it is not then I would like to have the 'Glowing Yellow Flowers' that you have to follow in the quest "Yellow of Sun" in Azteca as an item.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Sep 25, 2020 wrote:
Can we please have:

*The Blue Wizarding Wallpaper in the character selection classroom (when we first log on- it's like Ambros's red and gold wallpaper, but it's blue instead.)

*all the rugs in the Wizard City shops - but ESPECIALLY the one in the dye shop. It's amazing!
also the drapings we see on some counters to match or coordinate with each rug but not for counters - they'd go

over the top and down the sides of our various windows. It'd be great if they were "smart" drapes and fitted

themselves to which ever window they were put above.

* the green rug inside Bartlbey
I'd also love a set of furniture and lamps and windows to go with that dye shop rug - including the fringe (sometimes we get a rug, but the edges are straight and the same texture/color as the middle.)

I'm thinking light wood like the Marlybone "End Table"
and shapes and styles that could go in any room

but something new :D

Couldn't all be stained glass, like the rug, because then you couldn't have the rug in the same room...but maybe stained glass/jeweled accents and pillows in the the tones in the rug.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
I would absolutely love to have a dueling circle that you can place in your house!!! Housing is a huge part of W101 and after playing for 10 years I would love to see a good housing item like that, I would even pay a decent amount of crowns to see that in the shop. My friends don't like the look of the houses that come with a pvp arena and we would love to have duels in our houses like that. I know a lot of other people want this kind of thing so It would be beneficial to the all of w101.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2020
This may be a little small, and most people probably won't care, but I'd luke to talk about the dorm room for a minute. I have been struggling to decorate it, and not for the reasons one may think. I'm unsure if this applies to other houses as well (I'm sure it does, but I haven't been able to test it), but the snap points in the dorm room are absolutely atrocious. It would be fine if the room was square, but the diagonal walls in there just screw everything up when you are trying to align a furniture item against it, such as the Royal Couch or the Crystal Rack. There's almost a two foot wide gap between the walls and the furniture at it's closest possible placement! I was willing to ignore this for a long time, but then I go into that knock off TARDIS remake you have in Olde Town, and as soon as I get into the flashback dorms my jaw dropped. You have bookshelves in there that don't even have a centimeter gap between the wall and I can't even get a reasonable 3 inches? I understand that it is hard to align snap points for every item, don't get me wrong. I have experience making games (or at least mods for games) so I fully understand you can't account for every variable. However, I saw a solution that was perfect in another MMO called SWTOR that would make decorating so much easier. Would it be possible that in addition to the preplaced snap points in every house, another option can be added to offset the position of the items at a more refined rate. For example, change the position of the center of the object on its x and y axis at, say, 10 different predefined positions from its original alignment, or, something I'm sure everyone can agree would be awesome, change the height of objects placed on the wall using that same method. I won't pretend that this would be a simple addition (It's not), but I personally think that it would make decorating much more user-friendly. Thanks for reading all the way through my rant, and have a good day.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2013
wiz I rly cant describe so many items can i just send you photos on email?

Survivor
Mar 27, 2017
Helenie Nightseer on Sep 15, 2020 wrote:

That's such a good idea!

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
I'd like to see a housing item of the Whirlyburly Kiosk in Velo City, Empyrea

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I'd like to see a form of fountain like the water spewing gargolyes you see on houses near the entrance of Triton avenue. You could set them on the side of a wall or pillar of some sort. Ideally they would pour water into a pool, not just soak into the ground like they do on Triton avenue. The pool might be a separate housing item from the actual fountain part. It would be really cool if you could fish from the pool!

Survivor
May 28, 2011
the crystal clusters from the crystal grove! on the bridge there are shiny crystals similar to the shine of item "giant crystal - outdoor" but the ones in dragonspyre are orange and really pretty. maybe a ton of those in different colors would be nice. along with more statues, more paintings, please. i'm sure if you convert a lot of these new monster models into a ton of statues and framed pictures people would be busy for a while collecting simple new items! pet vault please! wallpaper/housing vault please! the pictures in the bazaar behind the counter. all framed pictures in game, please make them real. please up housing limit in bundle houses, normal can stay the same.