Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Since jewels are so rare...

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Would it be better to get rid of this ridiculous "shatter" system and provide a way to extract the jewels from gear? Perhaps when extracting the jewel it becomes "damaged" and gives weaker stats/cannot be used until repaired. You then have to use a crafting recipe which takes the damaged jewel and repairs it, requiring some semi-difficult to obtain reagents. If revenue is an issue, one could always use "tweezers" for crowns to safely extract the jewel without damage.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Robobot1747 on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
Would it be better to get rid of this ridiculous "shatter" system and provide a way to extract the jewels from gear? Perhaps when extracting the jewel it becomes "damaged" and gives weaker stats/cannot be used until repaired. You then have to use a crafting recipe which takes the damaged jewel and repairs it, requiring some semi-difficult to obtain reagents. If revenue is an issue, one could always use "tweezers" for crowns to safely extract the jewel without damage.
I so agree with being able to unsocket jewels from gear. KI said that jewels would allow us to continuously "upgrade" our current gear, but why I at all want to upgrade my gear, when there will always be better gear in future worlds?

After spending MONTHS farming the Yellow Jacket Shredders and White Razors in Khrysalis, I finally got the pierce and health jewels for all 5 of my Exalted characters. With the addition of Polaris, and the new Baba Yaga Athames along with Rat Amulets, I'm once again looking to socket my new gear. Unfortunately my best jewels are stuck on my previous gear, and with jewels being almost non-existant in Polaris, people (and me) are now looking at the new Jewel Packs that were added in the Crown Shop.

KI needs to realize not everyone is rich in Crowns, and not everyone can afford the Jewel Packs. This is definitely a pay-to-win move on their part, and with new gear being added every time a new world is released, it'll force people to buy these packs to upgrade their new gear.

I seriously hope KI is reading this, and decides to remove the shatter system in a future update, and replace it with an unsocket system instead.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
FusionSun on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
I so agree with being able to unsocket jewels from gear. KI said that jewels would allow us to continuously "upgrade" our current gear, but why I at all want to upgrade my gear, when there will always be better gear in future worlds?

After spending MONTHS farming the Yellow Jacket Shredders and White Razors in Khrysalis, I finally got the pierce and health jewels for all 5 of my Exalted characters. With the addition of Polaris, and the new Baba Yaga Athames along with Rat Amulets, I'm once again looking to socket my new gear. Unfortunately my best jewels are stuck on my previous gear, and with jewels being almost non-existant in Polaris, people (and me) are now looking at the new Jewel Packs that were added in the Crown Shop.

KI needs to realize not everyone is rich in Crowns, and not everyone can afford the Jewel Packs. This is definitely a pay-to-win move on their part, and with new gear being added every time a new world is released, it'll force people to buy these packs to upgrade their new gear.

I seriously hope KI is reading this, and decides to remove the shatter system in a future update, and replace it with an unsocket system instead.
I have actually found rest of my death pierce gems + 2 of the storm pierce gems as well as several other gems just from taking fire and storm through (storm still not yet done with Polaris). also I have found 2 dual blade gems as well ice and storm I believe.