Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dreadful Drops

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Currently I have two wizards in Polaris, a Balance and Storm. My Balance has been in a team that defeated the Rat once without receiving any decent loot (just gold). However apart from the woeful gear which is offered for sale and via drops I've noticed a HUGE difference in the drops my Balance and Storm wiz recieved. My Balance scored FIVE pets (two icebird, glacier dragon, snowball and another which I can't recall) I also got some type of gear in almost every battle with some reagents Tc and snakcks.
Now compare this to my Storm wiz who ONLY recieves gold, reagents (sold since he doesn't craft) TC's which can't be sold or pet snacks. I know drops are random but it's really frustrating when in a group my wiz does most of the damage or hits but other players recieve better drops. I'm not pushing my Storm through Polaris at any great speed, the purchased gear is totally inadequate and the drops are unimpressive.
I can't understand why KI brought out a world where pierce is so important later on in the world only to supply gear that either doesn't have this stat or has a small amount.
I've tried farming solo with exactly the same results so it's taken a lot of the enthusiam out of Polaris playing my Storm and will no doubt be the same for all my Wizards that follow.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Enlightened One on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
Currently I have two wizards in Polaris, a Balance and Storm. My Balance has been in a team that defeated the Rat once without receiving any decent loot (just gold). However apart from the woeful gear which is offered for sale and via drops I've noticed a HUGE difference in the drops my Balance and Storm wiz recieved. My Balance scored FIVE pets (two icebird, glacier dragon, snowball and another which I can't recall) I also got some type of gear in almost every battle with some reagents Tc and snakcks.
Now compare this to my Storm wiz who ONLY recieves gold, reagents (sold since he doesn't craft) TC's which can't be sold or pet snacks. I know drops are random but it's really frustrating when in a group my wiz does most of the damage or hits but other players recieve better drops. I'm not pushing my Storm through Polaris at any great speed, the purchased gear is totally inadequate and the drops are unimpressive.
I can't understand why KI brought out a world where pierce is so important later on in the world only to supply gear that either doesn't have this stat or has a small amount.
I've tried farming solo with exactly the same results so it's taken a lot of the enthusiam out of Polaris playing my Storm and will no doubt be the same for all my Wizards that follow.
It is interesting that you have had that experience. Mine has been just the opposite. I am a life, questing with a balance and a storm. The storm, who is of course the hitter, gets all the pets and gear drops, along with the usual reagents, TCs, etc. My life, and my balance friend, only get the TC, reagent, and occasional seed drop here and there. I did manage to get one glacier dragon, but my storm friend seems to get a pet at almost every boss. She was starting to feel so bad that she didn't tell us anymore when she got one.

I thought the storm was getting all the drops because she was the hitter and we were support. I guess that's not always the case judging by your experience. My balance friend gets better drops than I, but not better than the storm. I would say its just RNG, but this has been a consistent trend thru all of Polaris for us, and we are almost to Rasputin. We are always a team, only questing with each other, and always together. I know this sounds silly, but maybe the algorithm, or whatever decides these things, picks one consistent wizard to get what and when. Its like how some of my pets always heal better than others, and why I can have two wizards of the exact school, and one will fizzle more than the other right from the get go.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
storm is overpower because rush everything so, get less drop! defeat boss to fast reason people complain want more new world because don't take there time and have fun with it and listen to a quest because make world challenge to slow them down and make quest tricky so, your NPC would have buys something for them to pass the quest keep people getting ahead!