Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the rat unfair battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
The Rat is the most unfair battle ever I have already tried at least 45 times now with different groups and we are still unable to win the closest a group I was with got is 16K left and we all died, because of this fight I ended up rage quitting. I have been trying for 2 days now to beat him with no luck, This is the most annoying fight I have ever been in the fight itself is unbalanced and one sided.

PS

due do this fight I have decided to quit this game forever

cancel my membership and stop playing any KI games

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
Bro I hear that me and a group tried it 3 times last night. The third time i tried to outsmart him by using Guardian Spirit to revive the group. Then one of us fled and came back we kept dieing cause he used it every round finally we just quit. We had him down to 2,000.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
Hello,
I understand that you think this battle is very difficult. Perhaps you could try more of a strategy going into the battle. For example, you could edit your deck and cooperate with other players of a variety of schools to defeat this boss. Try some strategies online for this, there are many fansites which could help, for example this one on Wizard101 Central (Warning: Spoilers!) http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?455251-Hold-It!-A-Guide-to-the-Rasputin-Final-Battle .
Also, it's a *bit* extreme to quit everything KingIsle has because of a difficult boss.
Good luck!
-Wolf Ironstone, Exalted

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
It is very do able. I have completed it successfully many times with ease.The problem is, there is a lot of misinformation and confusion about how to manage it right now. I and my friends are spreading the word in game. You just need to know what to do. I don't really want to explain here because, spoilers. Iridian Light Singer, check realm unicorn. Amber

Survivor
Feb 25, 2015
I did not have this experience in the battle. Had a group myself death 2 myth and one storm. we bladed up the storm to let them hit and we killed the minions. Make sure that you have high pierce so that you can take out the minions. right before the storm was going to attack we put a potent feint on the boss and storm hit and killed in one shot.... this was not that hard of a battle with the right gear and strategy... another way to do it was to make sure someone always put fire dispel on him so there was no minions at all.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Let me give you a nice hint..

Bring 2 fires with you, and 2 other schools (Including yourself)

Make sure everyone in that group hasfire dispels in their decks. Spam those fire dispels, so that minions will not appear. Minions are very hard and the reason why the battle is prolonged. While you have a decent amount of dispels on Rasputin, one fire saves pips for a max 'Backdraft' (A fire spell that does a certain percentage based on your pips), while the other fire blades up. Another teammate can do one feint only, because more than one will cause Rasputin to cheat and remove ALL traps on him.
When you think you have enough blades to kill, hit with a 'Fire From Above' (FFA).

If that does not kill, rinse and repeat the steps above!
There is also a time limit -- 30 rounds. Be sure to kill him within 30 rounds or it's game over!

I have tested this strategy over 5 times and has worked each time, good luck!

- Heather IceDust,

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I hadn't gotten to this battle, but there was a lot of talk while it was in Test Realm. A lot of people were upset with the difficulty, asking KI to scale it back. Apparently it wasn't extremely difficulty when it was first launched in Test, but I believe someone said they increased the difficulty twice. I don't know which level they put it at when it went live.

I'm still not there yet, but it sounds like maybe it's time to cancel my membership before it renews in a few weeks. It's one thing to make a boss massively difficult in side content, but to make it almost impossible to advance in the storyline... it sounds like KI no longer values players like me.

I hope they have fun trying to keep up with the demands of the customers they're going to be left with. If they thought families were hard to please...

Best of luck!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
High Five Ghost on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
I hadn't gotten to this battle, but there was a lot of talk while it was in Test Realm. A lot of people were upset with the difficulty, asking KI to scale it back. Apparently it wasn't extremely difficulty when it was first launched in Test, but I believe someone said they increased the difficulty twice. I don't know which level they put it at when it went live.

I'm still not there yet, but it sounds like maybe it's time to cancel my membership before it renews in a few weeks. It's one thing to make a boss massively difficult in side content, but to make it almost impossible to advance in the storyline... it sounds like KI no longer values players like me.

I hope they have fun trying to keep up with the demands of the customers they're going to be left with. If they thought families were hard to please...

Best of luck!
I'm with you here. I am not to Rasputin yet, but I have heard enough about that battle to worry. I am enjoying the story line so much that I don't want to be left out because of "hardcore-style" difficulty in a story line quest. Even if I manage to get thru this boss, I worry about future difficulty in main story questing. I firmly believe that this kind of difficulty should have only been included in 100% OPTIONAL dungeons. By this I mean dungeons that do not award spells, or gear that doesn't have a craftable 2nd best equivalent that is close in stats to the dropped gear.

I feel that any players not of the "hardcore/ pro" variety are being shown the door. I don't understand this. I would think KI would want as many customers playing their game as possible. I, too, feel undervalued, even tho over the years I have spent thousands of dollars on this game. I feel very saddened when I think that I may not get to see this story line arc to its final chapter due to over the top difficulty.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Quiting the game because of a difficult boss is overreacting

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I have not reached the final game of Polaris yet, just started, but
I play alone, and uses Henchmen when a boss is too strong for me.
Shadow Palace last dungeon in Khrysalis, in my opinion, more than tough enough to get through many trials before victory, many hours in the dungeon,
and if the last game of Polaris, is so impossible to deal with, so I'm probably not the only player who can not come on to the world that comes after Polaris.
It sounds like that only Hard Core Groups that can move forward.
I will not be forced to play in a group, so rather drop Wizard101,
It sounds like I can not fight the battle with 3 x Henchmen.
It's not fun to play when you know that you can not get on to new worlds.
KI may in this way, clean up the players, those who play alone and those who are not hard core player, to fend for themselves or go.
I give it a chance, play Polaris to the last game, trying sometimes.
If it's impossible, it's just practice, practice, practice,
So I have spent a lot of money on KI, and then called the press the delete button.

Sorry typo use Google translater.
Pyromancer, Level 100

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
sirkamron on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
Quiting the game because of a difficult boss is overreacting
Its not overreacting if the boss is so difficult for someone that they are hopelessly stuck. What choice does one have if they can't move on? Even if they manage somehow to scrape by that boss, but had a horrible time doing it, they know things will only get harder in the next world. If someone is having a bad time and knows things will only get worse for them, why would they stay? Would you continue to pay for something that you didn't enjoy anymore

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
MS Jutlandia on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
I have not reached the final game of Polaris yet, just started, but
I play alone, and uses Henchmen when a boss is too strong for me.
Shadow Palace last dungeon in Khrysalis, in my opinion, more than tough enough to get through many trials before victory, many hours in the dungeon,
and if the last game of Polaris, is so impossible to deal with, so I'm probably not the only player who can not come on to the world that comes after Polaris.
It sounds like that only Hard Core Groups that can move forward.
I will not be forced to play in a group, so rather drop Wizard101,
It sounds like I can not fight the battle with 3 x Henchmen.
It's not fun to play when you know that you can not get on to new worlds.
KI may in this way, clean up the players, those who play alone and those who are not hard core player, to fend for themselves or go.
I give it a chance, play Polaris to the last game, trying sometimes.
If it's impossible, it's just practice, practice, practice,
So I have spent a lot of money on KI, and then called the press the delete button.

Sorry typo use Google translater.
Pyromancer, Level 100
" If it's impossible, it's just practice, practice, practice, " is translated wrong . It should have said bummer , bummer , bummer . ( Corrected by family member )

Survivor
Jan 13, 2012
i have been playing for a very long time and it is no longer fun just frustration. Why make something so difficult it takes many many and many more tries and countless gold and crowns. Getting a team to work together on this one seems impossible and we all end up dead in a short period of time. What was KI thinking? I still havent gotten past the rat and I have play four wizards trying (fire, storm, life, death) I am just so disheartened.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
emma038m on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
i have been playing for a very long time and it is no longer fun just frustration. Why make something so difficult it takes many many and many more tries and countless gold and crowns. Getting a team to work together on this one seems impossible and we all end up dead in a short period of time. What was KI thinking? I still havent gotten past the rat and I have play four wizards trying (fire, storm, life, death) I am just so disheartened.
Hey Emma you can give this strategy a try: Rat Strat

Of that does not work I will be happy to meet you in game and take you through it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
And, why should anyone have to go through this kind of anti-strategy for a story line boss that's this difficult? Please, clue me in?

Let's not forget .... not everyone has DARKMOOR gear. Not everyone has the DARKMOOR SPELL. Not everyone has NO HEAL PETS.

An alleged strategy is just fine, but that's for the tip-top elitists and not for your every day players. I feel sorry for the schools that don't/won't make the cut to go into the dungeon if they want to finish Polaris.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
it is nearly impossible to defeat but this wizard did 95,000 damage no critical feint and tons of blades tip just put fire dispels so he wont spawn a minion loads of dispels

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
And, why should anyone have to go through this kind of anti-strategy for a story line boss that's this difficult? Please, clue me in?

Let's not forget .... not everyone has DARKMOOR gear. Not everyone has the DARKMOOR SPELL. Not everyone has NO HEAL PETS.

An alleged strategy is just fine, but that's for the tip-top elitists and not for your every day players. I feel sorry for the schools that don't/won't make the cut to go into the dungeon if they want to finish Polaris.
I agree with you. A story-line boss should not be on this level of difficulty. I am a firm supporter of casual story, hardcore side areas. I was disappointed to see that not only is Rasputin difficult but the difficulty continues to be raised seemingly every update. That being said many of the strategies offered will work for most any school with almost any gear set. The key to any difficult dungeon is team-work and communication-Not super elite gear.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Ok, so the duel against The Rat may be tough, but I have seen that defeating him is not completely impossible. As a matter of fact, I even defeated him today! I finally got my moment!

There's a quick strategy that works against The Rat, & from my experience from other Wizards, it worked very well. Follow their strategy, & The Rat will be defeated with great ease.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I have tried all the rat strit with teams and we still failed, the problem is the people in so teams leave during the battle and never come back or become rude.

also for the darkmoore gear as it was mentioned not everyone has it. I don't have the full gear because just like the rat everyone leaves fighting undying malistare or is rude, sadly I have given up I just tried again with more teams and failed

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
It isn't hard if you know what you're doing.

I tried to complete it three times last night, and all failed because we didn't have the right strategy.

However, this morning I played after reading something, and I completed it as I knew what to do. Just read some advice columns and it isn't too hard. Just make sure someone can pierce through the minions resist.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Missingn0 on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
The Rat is the most unfair battle ever I have already tried at least 45 times now with different groups and we are still unable to win the closest a group I was with got is 16K left and we all died, because of this fight I ended up rage quitting. I have been trying for 2 days now to beat him with no luck, This is the most annoying fight I have ever been in the fight itself is unbalanced and one sided.

PS

due do this fight I have decided to quit this game forever

cancel my membership and stop playing any KI games
Missingn0, I would be happy to help you through the dungeon if you want to meet in game. It would be a pleasure to help you through him. I agree, he is a challenge, but the battle is possible to win.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Missingn0 on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
I have tried all the rat strit with teams and we still failed, the problem is the people in so teams leave during the battle and never come back or become rude.

also for the darkmoore gear as it was mentioned not everyone has it. I don't have the full gear because just like the rat everyone leaves fighting undying malistare or is rude, sadly I have given up I just tried again with more teams and failed
If you wish, I can help you through Darkmoor as well as the Rat. I am openly willing to lend a hand. Also, many of my irl friends play the game. We could set up a time so that they could run it through with us without having to exit the dungeon before it is finished.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
If you can't finish this battle, or any battle for that matter, because your team mates keep leaving... how is that KI's fault. The problem is not with the game... the problem is the resolve of your team mates. The same argument has been made with every "impossible" battle that's been added to this game.
Waterworks is too hard because everyone keeps quitting!
Darkmoor is impossible because people keep quitting.
Morganthe is too hard because people keep quitting.
Malistaire is way too hard because people keep quitting.

See a common theme here?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Try doing a little internet research. There are lots of well-trained groups that specialize in helping people through difficult areas and they have done enough research and test runs that they know how to make the battle as easy as possible. I ended up going through one of those groups for my dungeon run and everything went perfectly.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:

I have waterworks gear and I made it through just fine.