Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Light magic?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
So we have shadow magic now, so how about its opposite light magic? we could have spells that boost team mates attacks resists etc. with an aura similar to shadow but white lasting for 3 rounds similar to how guiding light and brilliant light work at present but instead adding different stats boosts to the whole team? It could last like shadow and auras do for 3 rounds before expiring.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
good idea for light magic. dont really know if i like the exact delivery in which you are addressing it implemented but i do like the idea of having it. we could choose light or dark side to go to and they would boost or resist each other. i think the idea should be a choice though if you choose dark you automatically abandon all hope for light. this game needs something that makes you unique not the everyone can have it, play each school and leave the ability of being unique completely out of the game. you can combat this by saying well you cant learn such and such unless your part of that school but nope i can learn any of your spells via the use of treasure cards and with the ability to pack 30 or so i think i can play any school i like at any given time. something needs to be added that makes you need and desire a team mate not that you can just do it all.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Seeth42 has a point,

but I still feel like there may be a chance later in the future, to own and use Light magic.
The entire topic of Light magic has been discussed ever since Shadow magic has came out.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
First, it will be hard to make Light Magic without it mocking other kinds of magic, like Astral or Shadow.
Second, like seethe42 said, our primary schools logically&technically should be the 7 kinds of Light Magic.
And third, if KI actually sees this post (which I really hope happens), then maybe it will happen in a world after Polaris (since it is about to be released into the live game, they won't have time to develop this new type of sorcery).

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,