Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which star spell?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
I'm at odds over which star school spell to pick up. i am a fire school wizard by the way. Level 64.

Amplify Pros: more damage for my damage spells. Cons: takes up one more round cast.

Fortify Pros: this is a nice spell that i can cast while i am setting up so then take less damage. Cons: takes up space in my deck and I'm not sure how much i will really use it.

Empowerment Pros: i can get more pips while i am setting up to hit faster. Cons: deck space, not sure on usability.

Vengeance Pros: better critical chance can help me finish duels faster. Cons: i don't know how much 25 critical chance i really going to help.

Infallible Pros: better accuracy and pierce. Cons: i already have almost perfect accuracy (32%) but the pierce will still help.

any help from the wizard101 community would be very appreciated.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
I'm at odds over which star school spell to pick up. i am a fire school wizard by the way. Level 64.

Amplify Pros: more damage for my damage spells. Cons: takes up one more round cast.

Fortify Pros: this is a nice spell that i can cast while i am setting up so then take less damage. Cons: takes up space in my deck and I'm not sure how much i will really use it.

Empowerment Pros: i can get more pips while i am setting up to hit faster. Cons: deck space, not sure on usability.

Vengeance Pros: better critical chance can help me finish duels faster. Cons: i don't know how much 25 critical chance i really going to help.

Infallible Pros: better accuracy and pierce. Cons: i already have almost perfect accuracy (32%) but the pierce will still help.

any help from the wizard101 community would be very appreciated.
NONE of those, save that training point for Furnace
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Furnace#axzz3nqQYmMLx

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Please note that Vengeance gives 25% Critical chance, not 25 Critical rating, which is a large difference and can be useful if you have enough crit from gear, as the 25% bonus might allow you to crit on bosses.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
And now that I conveniently remember the actual value after submitting the post, Vengeance gives 20% crit, not 25%.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
Personally, I use Empowerment and Vengeance. Vengeance you will start to use less and less as you get to the higher levels but Empowerment is quite valuable. How many times do bosses hit you with higher than a 4 pip spell while you are stuck waiting for that one or two more pips before hitting. I don't think amplify and fortify are worth the points and Infallible is kinda useful as well mostly for the piercing. You may want to buy it later on say level 80 or so when you got extra points laying around cause you cant pierce thru the boss's armor as well.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Save your points. The TC versions are better. Toss some in your side deck.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Infallible is the only Star school spell I get from Celestia. There are plenty of instances where enemies are casting some sort of accuracy debuff on you, and this can come in handy. It also comes in handy for piercing enemies who have cast Fortify on themselves as it nullifies the effects of that spell. In other cases, it puts a serious dent in the blocking power of a shield if you are unable to remove it some other way.

When I first started getting astral spells, I only got Amplify. At the time, Armour Pierce didn't exist, so Infallible only provided the accuracy buff and as a result didn't seem worthwhile. Once pierce was added, it became a more valuable spell.