Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need some suggestions on gear until Darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Hey, I have a level 94 death wizard just finishing up Azteca and am still using ww gear. I was wondering if I should switch to something else until I can use malistaire gear. I've done tartarus a few times (gotten no gear) and tbh I find the death hades gear mediocre to say the least. I have a good wand/ring so I'm looking for a replacement for everything but those. Thanks!

Explorer
May 25, 2013
The Hades gear with a crowns wand seems to be the best bet at your level

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I survived Khrysalis just fine in a mix of Avalon & Azteca crafted gear. (My Death never got her Waterworks gear. She only did it a single time for her Quest - and the only drop she got was a Life Mastery.)

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
crafted Avalon and Azteca I myself was farming tartaras before darkmoor so I did get hades robe and offensive hood at any rate as a death especially you would be fine with crafted Avalon and Azteca gear until darkmoor not like your resist stat matter when any of the bosses hits ya any way lol

liam stormbrand
representing

TEAM BRING IT

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
XRaisingSplashX on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
Hey, I have a level 94 death wizard just finishing up Azteca and am still using ww gear. I was wondering if I should switch to something else until I can use malistaire gear. I've done tartarus a few times (gotten no gear) and tbh I find the death hades gear mediocre to say the least. I have a good wand/ring so I'm looking for a replacement for everything but those. Thanks!
all of my wizards over level 60 used waterworks gear with crafted boots, and it did my 3 exalted wizards right up to level 100 (i was neither lucky enough to get a full set of aquila gear, nor stupid enough to keep trying after 2 years of nothing).

my level 100 death (currently the only one of my exalted wizards without any elite gear at all) is wearing his waterworks hood with level 96 khrysalis crafted robe and boots. i also use the morganthe amulet for the bonuses to resist, crit, and block.

if i can think of anything else, i'll add to this. in the meantime, good luck!

-von