Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Craftable Starter Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
How about making craftable mounts that don't require hard to get reagents? Or make them buyable for gold. They don't have to look like much - I'm thinking roller skates, skateboards, and scooters. The idea is to give newbies a taste of what it's like to have a mount to entice them to buy something more visually interesting, when they can.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Once wizards finish unicorn way they get a one day broom mount so they already have a taste of it.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
I am not a fan of this idea. I think that the mounts you listed should not be in w101

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Moondragon007 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
How about making craftable mounts that don't require hard to get reagents? Or make them buyable for gold. They don't have to look like much - I'm thinking roller skates, skateboards, and scooters. The idea is to give newbies a taste of what it's like to have a mount to entice them to buy something more visually interesting, when they can.
There are already mount available for gold. The Dragons, Lions, Tigers, Ponies and Brooms.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
As seethe said, there are several permanent mounts available for gold in the Crowns Shop.

As for roller skates not belonging, one of the "most desirable" rare mounts is ice skates that are/were available in the Winterland Pack.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
seethe42 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
There are already mount available for gold. The Dragons, Lions, Tigers, Ponies and Brooms.
Where do you get those at? I don't see them in the Crown shop. The ones in the crown shop are only buyable for, well, crowns.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Moondragon007 on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
Where do you get those at? I don't see them in the Crown shop. The ones in the crown shop are only buyable for, well, crowns.
Open the crown shop. Choose Permanent Mounts. Choose List View (circle icon with 3 lines). Sort by Price. Highlight Proud Lion. In the lower right switch from Crowns to Gold. Now you can scroll down through the list and it'll show all the gold mounts.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
The gold mounts already in the crown shop cost anywhere from 50-90 THOUSAND gold. No starter player would have that much.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BionicMyth on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
The gold mounts already in the crown shop cost anywhere from 50-90 THOUSAND gold. No starter player would have that much.
You get a free day of a broom to start. You can farm single day mounts from loads of bosses in Wizard City. You can buy 1 week mounts until you save enough for a permanent one. It's really not that difficult.