Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reusing useless gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
A problem players have is the fact that gear becomes obsolete almost as quickly as they can get it. in most cases this is not an issue but with the recent prevalence of new incredibly difficult dungeons with end game undisputed best gear coming out, farming for gear in dungeons previous to the new one becomes obsolete. if this trend continues players will be less motivated to farm these high level dungeons for fear that their gear will not be useful in the next update because there will be more gear to farm that is far better. A remedy to this problem is to not introduce end all perfect gear, and have strengths and weaknesses to all gear, however another and perhaps more beneficial option is to implement a system of gear upgrading. This could be an extension to the already fantastic jewel socketing system. instead of giving players gear outright players would receive jewels that would allow players to customize their gear. Another option would be to allow players to tear down crafted gear into its components with diminishing returns. Another option would be to require both pieces of armor and other reagents to create the upgraded armor. The method of reusing gear is open for debate obviously, however i feel there is a definite need to reuse gear and other items rather than just selling them at the bazaar or in most cases feeding to pet or quick selling.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
It's an interesting idea but I personally think it is too complicated and would be a huge project for KI. I think how the gear is set up now words fine and like you mentioned, we already have jewel socketing to customize some of our gear.