Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increased Turn Time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
This may be controversial as to the actual utility it brings but in many cases the 30 second per turn timer is not enough time to consider all of your options when choosing cards. In higher level battles, such as those in dartmoor or in the new worlds to come, the timer should be raised to a total of 60 seconds. The reason i feel this may have merit is because of the idle timer. after two rounds idle players are not considered in choosing cards and so active players will not have to wait the entire 60 seconds.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
pibx10 on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
This may be controversial as to the actual utility it brings but in many cases the 30 second per turn timer is not enough time to consider all of your options when choosing cards. In higher level battles, such as those in dartmoor or in the new worlds to come, the timer should be raised to a total of 60 seconds. The reason i feel this may have merit is because of the idle timer. after two rounds idle players are not considered in choosing cards and so active players will not have to wait the entire 60 seconds.
I have to disagree. I think 30 seconds is plenty of time to weigh your options. More often than not, even with the idle time-out, we sit and wait for players until the last possible second. I happen to think that there are some players who will intentionally wait until the last moment in an attempt to impress the rest of their team with a surprise hit. If this is what's happening then those one-hour boss battles will soon become two hours. I could maybe see adding another ten seconds to the timer but a making it a full minute is way too much.