Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose + Gamma Duel Challenge (Idea)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
I believe it would be just an awesome expansion to the game if Merle called on you to challenge him in a duel to determine your strength. Of course, he will not make it easy against you. This is my idea for this duel:
Merle calls upon you to challenge you to test your strength. You go to the Headmaster's House and to the left of Merle, is a door with books stacked up on them. The duel would require that door to be turned into a sigil, allowing four max level players entering. You enter the dungeon and Merle is standing there with Gamma: "Little Wizard, I am sure this will be an interesting duel since you have accomplished so much but we shall see". You enter the battle, Merle is on the left, Gamma is on the right with two blanks in the middle for summons. Merle is Balance school with 60,000 health and Gamma is Storm with 40,000, with both obtaining full power pips and 1 shadow pip when the round activates. During the first round, Gamma will cast a cheat "Let's start this battle off with a Storm!" and cast a 2500 Storm Lord to all and this cheat will repeat every 5 rounds. With the Storm Lord cheat being Gamma's cheat, Merle's cheat would be to supernova any wizard who casts an aura. Then to the minions. On the beginning of the second round, Gamma says "Let's call upon the leaders of Ravenwood" and it randomly selects 2 professors out of Lydia, Halston, Dalia, Moolinda, Cyrus, Dworgyn, or Arthur. The professors do not respawn after you eliminate them. Each professor shall have different sets of cheats:

Lydia - 60,000 health, will steal any overtime heals, will use cooldown on any overtime spells, will steal any SINGLE shields, 70% resist, 15% pierce.
Halston - 28,000 health, will enfeeble the wizard when blades are cast, will cleanse charm whenever a dispel is casted, 20 resist, 70 pierce.
Dalia - 35,000 health, will use steal charm when elemental blade are cast, will use 0 pip Efreet on a random person every 4 rounds, 30 resist, 50 pierce.
Moolinda - 50,000 health, will use mass triage whenever any overtime spell is cast, will cast a 0 pip 2000 rebirth every 5 rounds, 45 resist, 35 pierce.
Cyrus - 45,000 health, will shatter when a ward is cast, will steal ward every time a feint cast, will use 0 pip Medusa on a random person every 5 rounds, 40 resist, 40 pierce.
Dworgyn - 45,000 health, will use beguile every 3 rounds to a random wizard, will use Juju every 3 rounds to a random wizard, there shall be no healing when Dworgyn is present or he shall use a -90 doom that cannot be replaced, 40 resist, 40 pierce.
Arthur - 45,000 health, will mana burn any wizard with over 7 pips, 30 resist, 30 pierce.

(Merle, professors, & Gamma shall be immune to stun and beguile.)

This may sound hard but it really wouldn't be. For example, we could feint as long as Cyrus wasn't summoned. We can heal as long as Dworgyn wasn't summoned. The difficulty will be based on who is summoned. I hope you liked my idea! And of course, the rewards would be good. :)

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
I really like this idea. Since this game most follows Harry Potter, I think we need to do this, but I don't think it should be an Ultra Dungeon. I think it needs to be part of the third arc. In Harry Potter, Dumbledore dies, Merle Ambrose needs to be defeated or somehow die. It would just make the story juicier and make you want to defeat the third arc. villian even more. It needs to end with an attack on Wizard City (Hogwarts). This is how it should end, and then with an epilogue. :D

Elizabeth LifeSinger
Level 83

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
This idea is okay, but they should not cheat, just be hard.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
This idea makes darkmoor look like unicorn way. but it sounds cool

Justin firethief lvl 100 Michael lvl 100 Adam lvl 43

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Sounds cool actually. But Professor Halston... 70 Pierce? When he Glowbugs it will be worse then Von Shane. Shield or no shield everyone is dead.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
But all the professors are level 42, right? so the max spell they could have is 6 pips. They should not cheat because wizards aren't supposed to cheat. You would fight your professor at level 42, as a test of your skill.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
This is a nice idea and all, but if I'm not mistaken Merle shouldn't have shadow magic considering he's against students learning it in the first place.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011