Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Experience For Outside Quests

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
This idea has been in my mind for a few times.

How about players get an option to not get any experience when doing outside of the main quests.(Water works, Hades, and Other's)

However, It wont effect the main quest at all. (That way players can still level up)

As for battle experience that also wont gain any experience when the player wins the battle.

That way player's wont have to worry about leveling up when they love their level already.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
I would think everyone would want a exalted.

Jacob Thunderflame legendary wizard

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
Blaze5364 on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
I would think everyone would want a exalted.

Jacob Thunderflame legendary wizard
True, but I thought that just by doing the main quests the player can still get to exalted. (just would take longer)

Also, what I'm suggesting is for wizards that don't want to level up but still farm for gear.

If they want to change the setting back then they can. (Or at least I hope they can)

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Can you please explain why you wouldn't want the experience from side quests?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
No, exp should always be earned. There's no reason for anything not to count, and this would lead to abuse in PvP where players could farm infinitely without leveling up.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
If you are talking about normal side quests, then I don't understand why you wouldn't want to do them. For me personally, I don't like the cheat dungeons. They stress me out which is not good for me to do, but even so, I have been trying to at least complete it once. But I know there are many who would prefer to avoid doing the cheat dungeons.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
No, exp should always be earned. There's no reason for anything not to count, and this would lead to abuse in PvP where players could farm infinitely without leveling up.
You already can. You only get XP for dungeons the first time through and 1/2 XP second time. So after the 2nd run you're not getting anything except the XP from pips used.