Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-24-15

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2010
I would love to see a Death Medusa hybrid. A cross between Medusa and Avenging fossil

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Prince of Shadows on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
The new dragonfly is fun because it's new. Hybrids should always be pets that aren't available already.

I don't ever want an already existing pet that can be hatched anyway to come as a hybrid. It's hard enough getting the pet you want from an A x B hatch without the added chance of C or Q

The school pet hybrids are fun because they look different, and often gave us an otherwise unavailable card. Having pets we can hatch anyway come up unexpectedly isn't as fun. If there are to be new hybrids, they should be real ones - change the colour, the name, the card or something.

How about...

Polar Fox x Flying Squirrel = Potent Skunk -
gives potent trap card(s)

Onyx Shenlung Dragon x Burning Treant = Brushfire Wurm
- gives Backdraft card(s) Body shape like an AV dragon.

Ivory Shenlung Dragon x Snow Beast = Abominable Snowbunny
- gives "ice trap all" card (like Windstorm for Ice)

Forest Lord x Maple Moose = Bull Moose -
gives the Myth Forest Lord attack (from DM)

Forewarned: My kids are going to have a field day with this topic. Expect more ideas, lol.
Forest Lord x Maple Moose => two hybrids.

A) Bull moose. Looks like the comic caricatures of Teddy Roosevelt from the old newspapers. Myth fluffy
B) Irish Elk. Looks like a pet version of the Stag mount. Gives a life version of the Deer Knight Rises card. yes, a 5-pip life AOE DOT. Deal with it.

Starfish x Eyebendito, Eyecaramba, Eyediache: =>

A) Brittle Star. Upgraded ice version of the perennial favorite. Long snaky arms and an armored disc. Freeze, ice fuel, and the DOT version of ice wyvern item cards.
B) Sun star. A sun-aligned Starfish variant with a good starting pool and an appearance like the Pacific Sun star with its 12-15 arms. giant, garg, and colossal item cards.
C) Floating Nautilus. Storm pet with decent pool and storm beetle, storm elf, and storm fuel item cards. Looks like a nautilus.

Polar cat (and gift card lookalikes) x Dark Imp => Tasmanian Devil. Basically a pet version of the Water Elemental, except instead of water, the vortex is sand. Balance pet with some death and ice related talents. Item cards: dragonblade, sacrifice, moon shield.

Frankenbunny x Flying squirrel => "Pikachu" like electric wind-up mouse golem. 1 helping hands, 1 current, 1 regenerate item card.

Krokopatra's Life Troll x Meowiarty's krok => Krokzilla. Life pet that is a green version of Krokotillian. Gives a mini Spinysaur item card.

Rattlebones' Sprite x Meowiarty's Ghoul => Bronze Eidolon. Mystic colossus item card. Tiny pet version of the bronze Mantis Colossus from the spell. Death-ward, ice-ward, myth-ward, may cast katabatic winds, basically some yevgeny-esque stats and talents.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Professor Falmea on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
The sun has made it 'round a few more times, and it's Friday again, so let's chat!

Let's turn our attention to the new Baby Dragonfly hybrid. I've heard a lot of buzzing (and not just from it's wings... ::grin::) about this pet. So, this week, I'd like to ask - what sort of pet hybrid would you create if you could wave your magic wand?

For example - Brainy Assistant + Forgotten Grimoire = Frankenbunny pet (no, this one isn't possible in the Hatchery). I'm sure you all have many more ideas, let's hear them!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
make pet hatchery like that to do that (call it: Pet Hybrid Center)

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Hawk + Leopard = Gryphon

Not sure what we could use to make these but I also have POX Pets of all schools as pets.

- TheTalonShade

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
spider monkey! spider eyes... 4 monkey arms and 2 legs...

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Samoorai and Sea Dragon to make a Sea Cow
Unicorn and Sea Dragon to make a Seahorse
Polar Bear Cub and Red Panda to make a Panda Bear (Giant Panda)
Red Panda and Squirrel to make a Coati (or a Racoon)
Any of the Zebra Stripe Piggles and Unicorn to make a Zebra

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Grace Bear2 on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
What about....
Unicorn + Nightmare for a Zebra pet? :P

Dragon + Toucan for a crazy Chicken?

Toucan/Dragon/Tocador + any Ice pet for a Penguin?

Two rocks or Lumps of Coal for a Boulder
Yes, those are perfect!!! I wish them to actually be added to the game!

-

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Tons of good ideas in this thread! I hope some of these happen.

"A) Bull moose. Looks like the comic caricatures of Teddy Roosevelt from the old newspapers. Myth fluffy"

Yup, that's exactly what I had in mind! Cartoon moose with wire rim glasses and a cavalry hat.

"B) Irish Elk. Looks like a pet version of the Stag mount. Gives a life version of the Deer Knight Rises card. yes, a 5-pip life AOE DOT. Deal with it."

I love that! I was trying to think of a hybrid that would give that spell, though rather than have two pets from moose x forest lord, might it be better to have your version from Deer Knight crossed with a life pet?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Here are some awesome new hybrids I deem awesome for W101 :D (Most of these were inspired by all school spells :D)

Balance Hybrids
Scorpion + Sabertooth or Sorcerer Hunter = Ra
Scarab + Scorpion = Locust Swarm
Sabertooth + Judgement or Buddy Dragon = Savage Paw

Fire Hybrids
Sunbird + Phoenix or Helephant = Krampus
Fire elf + Elephant = Fire Dragon
Efreet + Sun Serpent = Fire From Above (one of the mouse riders with their things :P)

Ice Hybrids
Ice Wyvern + Frost Beetle or Snowball = Handsome Fomori
Ice Colossus + Ice Wyvern, Frost Beetle, or Lord of Winter = Winter Moon
Lord of Winter + Ice Colossus, Snowball, Yuletide Spirit, or Woolly Mammoth= Snow Angel
Wolly Mammoth + Lord of Winter = Abominable Weaver

Storm Hybrids
Coldfire Dragon + Kraken = Catalan
Stormzilla + Kraken = Storm Lord
Catalan + Stormzilla = Leviathan
Leviathan + Catalan = Storm Owl
Lil'Siren + Storm Beetle or Storm Triton = Glowbug Squall

Life hybrids
Satyr + Seraph = Centaur
Pixie + Dryad or Buddy Dragon = Spinysaur
Dryad + Seraph or Leprechaun = Hungry Caterpillar

Myth Hybrids
Minotaur + Troll or any dragon pet = Keeper of Flame Dragon
Minotaur or Humongofrog + Medusa = Mystic Colossus Beetle

Death Hybrids
Wraith + Deer Knight = Lord of Night
Skeletal Dragon + Scarecrow = Dr. Von's Monster
Dr. Von's Monster + Avenging Fossil = Call of Khrulhu's Monster
Armored Skeleton + Bone Dragon = Skeleton Knight

Other Hybrids
Unicorn + Buddy or Friendly Dragon = Zebra
Pixie Queen + Wraith = Death Pixie
Squirrerel + Flying Squirrel = Hamster
Myth Imp + Leprechaun = Myth Leprechaun Musician
Polar Fox + any type of dragon = Flying Fox or Flying Dog
Defender Pig + Ninja Pig or Squirrerel = Kung Fu Panda (lol :P)
Sea Dragon + Jellyfish = Whale or Sea Horse
Starfish + Royal Ibis = Seagull
Hawk + Golden Ram = Gryphon
Maple Moose + Christmas Elf = Reindeer
Fire Beetle + Polar Bear Cub = Bear (just a regular one :P)
Polar Bear Cub + Ram Warrior = Bear Warrior

I hope you like my suggestions :D

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
LittleSeanCarter on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
Finned Assassin + Any pig = Bacon Assassin
This idea is genius XD

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
crunkatog on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
Forest Lord x Maple Moose => two hybrids.

A) Bull moose. Looks like the comic caricatures of Teddy Roosevelt from the old newspapers. Myth fluffy
B) Irish Elk. Looks like a pet version of the Stag mount. Gives a life version of the Deer Knight Rises card. yes, a 5-pip life AOE DOT. Deal with it.

Starfish x Eyebendito, Eyecaramba, Eyediache: =>

A) Brittle Star. Upgraded ice version of the perennial favorite. Long snaky arms and an armored disc. Freeze, ice fuel, and the DOT version of ice wyvern item cards.
B) Sun star. A sun-aligned Starfish variant with a good starting pool and an appearance like the Pacific Sun star with its 12-15 arms. giant, garg, and colossal item cards.
C) Floating Nautilus. Storm pet with decent pool and storm beetle, storm elf, and storm fuel item cards. Looks like a nautilus.

Polar cat (and gift card lookalikes) x Dark Imp => Tasmanian Devil. Basically a pet version of the Water Elemental, except instead of water, the vortex is sand. Balance pet with some death and ice related talents. Item cards: dragonblade, sacrifice, moon shield.

Frankenbunny x Flying squirrel => "Pikachu" like electric wind-up mouse golem. 1 helping hands, 1 current, 1 regenerate item card.

Krokopatra's Life Troll x Meowiarty's krok => Krokzilla. Life pet that is a green version of Krokotillian. Gives a mini Spinysaur item card.

Rattlebones' Sprite x Meowiarty's Ghoul => Bronze Eidolon. Mystic colossus item card. Tiny pet version of the bronze Mantis Colossus from the spell. Death-ward, ice-ward, myth-ward, may cast katabatic winds, basically some yevgeny-esque stats and talents.
*Stands and applaud all of your ideas*

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
I got some anime-inspired pets :D (None of these pets should go against the copyright terms of any anime show :D) (These anime shows include SAO, GATE, Ga Rei Zero, Beyond the Boundary, and lots more :P)

Cyclops + Orthrus = Two-headed Cyclops
Death Ninja Pig + Boar Knight = Horned Pig
Piranha Hunter + Sprite = Winged Elf (gender is random!)
Frontier Dragon + Dryad = Armored Healing Dragon

- Kelly :D

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Friendly Dragon + Death Pet = Friendly Necromancer.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Got a few more random hybrids in mind... :)

Enchanted Armament + Sorcerer Hunter = Mystic Bow and Arrow
Mummy Cat + any type of mander = Mummy Mander
Fire Cat + Snowball = Fireball
Flamenco Bailador + Cupig = Flamingo
Royal Ibis + Humongofrog = Frog Prince
Life Banshee + Krokomummy = Undead Banshee
Myth Leprechaun + any death only pet = Clover the Unlucky
Sea Dragon + Unicorn = Sea Alicorn
Harpy + Samoorai = Mythical Battle Scout

That's all I have... for now :P

- Kelly

Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I would love to be able to cross my leviathan with my saber tooth tiger and make a sand wyrm, or a storm tiger. That would really be cool.

Administrator
These are some really clever ideas! I can tell you that at least ONE of these pets mentioned will make it into the Spiral in a future update. You'll have to stay tuned to find out which one it is. ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea