Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are puppet teams?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
What are puppet teams, and why are they such a problem?

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
NeoNebula17 on Jun 6, 2015 wrote:
Puppet teams are teams composed of one low level and one high level. They are a big problem cause they make the matches unfair. The higher level will critical a lot and you and your mate generally won't block most of his attacks. The higher level also has more spells, more damage and more Pierce.
From what I've seen, people who puppet usually can't rank up in 1v1. The only way for them to rank up is puppet.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
NeoNebula17 on Jun 6, 2015 wrote:
Well, they're teams made of puppets . . .

Ok just kidding. Let's get down to business:

"Puppet Teams" is what our PvPers call an extremely low level wizard teaming up with an extremely high level wizard who can one-hit KO everyone in Ranked PvP.

Obviously you can now figure out that this gets the low level points, even if he didn't even participate at all.

Now my friend, you know the reason for the lack of 3v3 or 4v4 Ranked matches.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Puppet teams are teams( usually in 2v2) where there is a high and low lvl wiz. This means that a transcendent will pair up with an initiate or a warlord with a private. Usually, the private or higher lvl is desperate for rank and 'thinks' that by killing wizards lower than him/her, she will gain rank.

Why are they a problem? They are unfair and result in lower level warlords facing a higher level wiz than them. This means that the other team is:

1. Very disadvantaged
2. Lose rank easily
3. Fight battles that are too easy, taking out the challenge of reaching warlord.

If anyone has a better definition, please post it. Otherwise NeoNebula17, that is puppet teams explained.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I have a friend who is a level 10 fire, and ranked a captain in PvP. I have a level 45 balance who is also ranked captain. If we team up for 2v2, is this considered "puppeting?" I'm asking because I thought a "puppet" was a wizard who was both a lower level and a lower rank.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Snee432 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I have a friend who is a level 10 fire, and ranked a captain in PvP. I have a level 45 balance who is also ranked captain. If we team up for 2v2, is this considered "puppeting?" I'm asking because I thought a "puppet" was a wizard who was both a lower level and a lower rank.
Yes this is puppet. When the mates have a level difference of 20 and more, its considered puppet.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
A puppet team is when a high level and low level get together to PvP. The problem is that the opponents will be a level somewhere in the middle, making it so that the high level can defeat them easily. For example, lets say a level 100 and a level 1 PvP. Their opponents would be around level 50 because that is as fair as the automatic set-ups can get. You can obviously tell the level 100 could win quickly against wizards half his level. To summarize, puppet matches mess up the system and in my opinion is cheating. Thank you for reading my post.
- Gabrielle Silversword