Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training point buy back

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
hello, I realized how dumb I was as a low level wizard and I really didn't think about what I was training until now and I can't training all the new spells coming out and I need feint and the astral spells but I just can't afford the buy back. It would cost 20 bucks to buy back and I think there should be a system where according to your level, you go to the craned bird guy and pay gold and choose to unlearn a spell. This would help wizards because ik a lot of people have this problem. Maybe according to your level, that's depends how much gold you have to spend. Or even another free buy back time period. I love your gam...

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Well, first of all, that might give higher level wizards an advantage. For example, for a long dungeon, you might need to use various ice spells. Higher level players would train down all their ice spells, beat the dungeon, go back, untrain their spells with their massive amounts of gold (I'm talking 400k, 450k here), and pursue another school/dungeon. Wizard101, has a sense of teamwork, with each school having their own specialties, abilities and weaknesses. Implementing this idea, would ruin this need of teamwork, as wizards could basically become self sustaining.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I think it would be better if KI made it so you can buy back each individual spell with your crowns. The free crowns thing takes a while - as it should - so at least you could be able to buy back spells as you progress through the game as opposed to having to buy it all at once when it's probably already too late. And then for actually paying, well not everybody is willing to spend $20 on a game. I'm pretty sure that if KI does this, then their reviews might go up a little and they could get more positive feedback. Seriously, this game is by far the most underrated game I have ever seen in my life. Everybody is always making fun of it because of how 'stupid' it is when they've probably only played on Unicorn Way. Different people complain about different things with this game, so due to its underrated -ness, every positive reply counts!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Free training point buy back is a member benefit. Just wait for it to come back around or create a new wizard. It's all about whether you want to spend more time or crowns.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
another mmo did this: time limits would offer a reduction of price. So for example: if you wanted to buyback your points every day for a week it would cost sequentially: Day1: 1000 crowns, Day2: 2000 crowns, Day3: 4000 crowns etc so that day 7 would cost 7000 crowns, but let's say you couldn't afford the 7,000 crowns on Day 7, here in wizard101 if you wait a year, it still cost 7,000 crowns, whereas in another mmorpg every day you waited reduced the price by a fraction so that people had the opportunity to buyback at a lower price if they utilized patience. This is wise as it keeps up with the "crowns for convenience" but still offers an opportunity for people who have tried multiple different speccing with their points to find the perfect fit for themselves.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I agree to a point with you. It seems like there is too much money to buy back when you've only bought it back a few times. I think that they should have first about 100 crowns, then maybe 500 crowns, then 1,000, and keep working up by 500 each time. It seems like a more reasonable punishment than what they have in store right now. Hope I helped!

Ashley Battle
Grandmaster Sorceress
Level 51