Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Major End Game Improvement Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Hello, I'm Chris Soulsword and today i'd like to throw out a few ideas to help end some major annoyances and problems with the game Note: These are my opinions and observations I've made through playing the game. Many people may or may not agree with my ideals but please be mature in your responses to this post.

A new loot system: Many monsters and bosses in the endgame places such as Khrysalis and Darkmoor have huge drop tables and make it difficult to obtain the items you need. With felling malistaire in darkmoor you most likely end up with nothing but junk you can't use or would have no use to you what so ever. The challenge should be the boss, NOT the loot you get from the boss. I Understand that KI wants end game content to be a challenge but I find it unfair that a person can kill Malistaire 8-10 times and get his full set of Malistaire gear and another guy can do Malistaire 20 times and still not have everything. Many people have complained about Malistaire and his drop rates and KI has not done anything about his drop rates at all. As a matter of fact if they cleaned up his drop table to he point that you can at least walk out with one item everyone will be happy. The game becomes very dull and repetitive if you're stuck farming the same boss over and over again and walk out with JUNK. I find it unfair that I can get nothing while a friend of mine that is in the same dungeon group will get a double drop from him. Plus people that want to do Darkmoor don't normally have time or patience to sit there and do the same thing over and over again. Many people have told me to never give up, But when I kept going I always got kicked down at the fact that everyone but me gets an item from him. I personally am beginning to regret paying for another month of pure repetition and boredom.

Solutions:
1. Clean up drop tables and introduce a new loot system called the "Buddy loot system". The buddy loot system is a loot system in which when you complete a dungeon with friends you have an increased chance at obtaining a rare item I.e Malistaire gear and etc.
2. Remove the " If you die or flee from Malistaire your loot is messed up and you don't get a bonus" Malistaire can be tough, but remember the boss needs to be the challenge, NOT the loot you receive.
3. Add an extra chance chest to Malistaire, but instead of crowns to re-roll you have the option of using golden skeleton keys but with re-rolling you have a lowered drop chance for gear from the chest. (To help keep it balanced).
4. Increase Gem drop rates or introduce a Jewel-finders potion that will increase your chance to obtain gems from monsters and bosses.
5. Make wrenches drop slightly more often. I know with unlocking gem slots comes at a price, but some people can't get crowns easily and have to rely on wrenches to accomplish their goals.
6. The word "slots" should be uncensored for open chat users but censored for text chat users. it's tough to not say jewel/gem slots.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Chris Soulsword on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello, I'm Chris Soulsword and today i'd like to throw out a few ideas to help end some major annoyances and problems with the game Note: These are my opinions and observations I've made through playing the game. Many people may or may not agree with my ideals but please be mature in your responses to this post.

A new loot system: Many monsters and bosses in the endgame places such as Khrysalis and Darkmoor have huge drop tables and make it difficult to obtain the items you need. With felling malistaire in darkmoor you most likely end up with nothing but junk you can't use or would have no use to you what so ever. The challenge should be the boss, NOT the loot you get from the boss. I Understand that KI wants end game content to be a challenge but I find it unfair that a person can kill Malistaire 8-10 times and get his full set of Malistaire gear and another guy can do Malistaire 20 times and still not have everything. Many people have complained about Malistaire and his drop rates and KI has not done anything about his drop rates at all. As a matter of fact if they cleaned up his drop table to he point that you can at least walk out with one item everyone will be happy. The game becomes very dull and repetitive if you're stuck farming the same boss over and over again and walk out with JUNK. I find it unfair that I can get nothing while a friend of mine that is in the same dungeon group will get a double drop from him. Plus people that want to do Darkmoor don't normally have time or patience to sit there and do the same thing over and over again. Many people have told me to never give up, But when I kept going I always got kicked down at the fact that everyone but me gets an item from him. I personally am beginning to regret paying for another month of pure repetition and boredom.

Solutions:
1. Clean up drop tables and introduce a new loot system called the "Buddy loot system". The buddy loot system is a loot system in which when you complete a dungeon with friends you have an increased chance at obtaining a rare item I.e Malistaire gear and etc.
2. Remove the " If you die or flee from Malistaire your loot is messed up and you don't get a bonus" Malistaire can be tough, but remember the boss needs to be the challenge, NOT the loot you receive.
3. Add an extra chance chest to Malistaire, but instead of crowns to re-roll you have the option of using golden skeleton keys but with re-rolling you have a lowered drop chance for gear from the chest. (To help keep it balanced).
4. Increase Gem drop rates or introduce a Jewel-finders potion that will increase your chance to obtain gems from monsters and bosses.
5. Make wrenches drop slightly more often. I know with unlocking gem slots comes at a price, but some people can't get crowns easily and have to rely on wrenches to accomplish their goals.
6. The word "slots" should be uncensored for open chat users but censored for text chat users. it's tough to not say jewel/gem slots.
i agree with this~ the boss should be the challenge; getting gear that's required for basic survival in upcoming worlds (and finding a group that will stick out the entire run) should not.

(and please, no one tell me that these dungeons are optional, because they aren't~ if the gear is the best in-game and has no crafted or purchasable alternative, then it is not optional).

i disagree with your buddy system, though~ not everyone has a full buddy list and a lot of players (especially those who can't play at peak hours) can only find groups via the join-a-team kiosk.

but seriously, think about it: if the gear were more easily accessible, then more people might want to farm and finding a group who will commit to the entire instance wouldn't take up 75% of my playable hours.

-von
exalted

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Yes, I like this idea. Farming may be one of the only things to do after the endgame, but it shouldn't take you months to do it.

1. As Dr. Von suggested, some people don't have friends at all times, so maybe a suggestion: instead of just friends, whomever is in the dungeon with you.

2. Yup, agreed.

3. I never use second-chance chests because they cost crowns, however farming for something that doesn't cost real money is something I can agreed on.

4. Agreed, with the increased drop rate. As you may have guessed I'm a crowns player, so I can't afford to waste crowns on little elixirs when I have areas to buy.

5. Agreed again.

6. Why was it censored in the first place?