Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sound Magic!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Ok, hear me out before you decide to say "But KIERAN they already reference sound magic with the magical lutes, flute, and guitars!" Its just an idea!!!!!

Heres what I am thinking, a new kind of magic that does MASSIVE damamge, but costs a lot of mana, that consists of only X pip spells, that has both good and bad effects for both teams in battle, yours, and the enemies. Like a trade off. So, for example, maybe you use a spell that will place a weakness on all enemies. (-10% damage per power pip, -5% damage per pip) And gives everyone on your team a blade (+10% damage power per pip, +5% damage per pip) BUT, As a result, everyone on the enemy team is given an accuracy boost that is double the amount of the weaknesses percentage, while a trap with the same amount of damage increase as your teams blades, is placed on your team. This would make this magic very risky to use, and would need very good timing, otherwise, you might end up killing your friends instead of your enemies.
Another example, would be, maybe one spell attacks all of the enemies, and gives everyone on your team an accuracy boost, but the cost would be your next 3 turns.

The idea is to make every spell have an effect that'll effect your team just as much as you effected your enemies. But, you can bypass this with simple spells like Smoke Screen, Earthquake, and other spells that stun, taunt, weaken etc.

I think this would be an AWESOME magic to add in, and I would go more into detail but I don't want to spoil it, if it actually gets put in the game. (Although I really don't think it will, why not hope? )

To make this magic even harder to use, most spells would have backlashes on you, as the user. This school would carry no single target attacks, and in some cases. If your highest damage in a Sound Spell was 1578 for instance, you would be dealt that damage, for certain spells.

Sound, not only would be used for attacking and boosting stats at the same time, but can also use sounds to boost a teams morale, heal, calm, or other things, and can increase damage for other magics such as , etc.

Do you have any ideas that could possibly make this magic better? Got your own magic ideas? I'd LOVE to hear them! Comment if you feel like it, or make your own post.

~~

Survivor
May 25, 2009
KieranMoonFlame on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
Ok, hear me out before you decide to say "But KIERAN they already reference sound magic with the magical lutes, flute, and guitars!" Its just an idea!!!!!

Heres what I am thinking, a new kind of magic that does MASSIVE damamge, but costs a lot of mana, that consists of only X pip spells, that has both good and bad effects for both teams in battle, yours, and the enemies. Like a trade off. So, for example, maybe you use a spell that will place a weakness on all enemies. (-10% damage per power pip, -5% damage per pip) And gives everyone on your team a blade (+10% damage power per pip, +5% damage per pip) BUT, As a result, everyone on the enemy team is given an accuracy boost that is double the amount of the weaknesses percentage, while a trap with the same amount of damage increase as your teams blades, is placed on your team. This would make this magic very risky to use, and would need very good timing, otherwise, you might end up killing your friends instead of your enemies.
Another example, would be, maybe one spell attacks all of the enemies, and gives everyone on your team an accuracy boost, but the cost would be your next 3 turns.

The idea is to make every spell have an effect that'll effect your team just as much as you effected your enemies. But, you can bypass this with simple spells like Smoke Screen, Earthquake, and other spells that stun, taunt, weaken etc.

I think this would be an AWESOME magic to add in, and I would go more into detail but I don't want to spoil it, if it actually gets put in the game. (Although I really don't think it will, why not hope? )

To make this magic even harder to use, most spells would have backlashes on you, as the user. This school would carry no single target attacks, and in some cases. If your highest damage in a Sound Spell was 1578 for instance, you would be dealt that damage, for certain spells.

Sound, not only would be used for attacking and boosting stats at the same time, but can also use sounds to boost a teams morale, heal, calm, or other things, and can increase damage for other magics such as , etc.

Do you have any ideas that could possibly make this magic better? Got your own magic ideas? I'd LOVE to hear them! Comment if you feel like it, or make your own post.

~~
Dude this is such an awesome idea!

--

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
LOVE this idea, KI needs to put this in the game right now.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

I always thought that there should be a magic type that should have huge advantages and disadvantges for both sides at once, like the Giant bubbles like Wildfire or Balefrost, as they increase damage for both sides. But, a lot more, severe. With huge consequences and advantages for everyone. I thought it'd be really awesome, and honestly, the game could use this. It'd make for an awesome magic addition, partly because i know there would be some troll Exalted or or or even or wizard, that'd be like: "Ill destroy you all with this spell!" and critical, ending up killing all his enemies, and himself in the process
Which you have to admit would be pretty funny!

Anyway, come up with more ideas on how we could make this better!

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
So I've thought of a small list of spells, for Sound Magic.

The magics Colors would be White and Light Purple.

As for its spells, heres what I've though of so far.

War Cry
Pip Cost: X
Effect: Places a Blade on users team that does +10% damage Per pip, and places a -10% damage on enemies. BUT, Upon using, Users takes 95 damage per pip, And enemies are given a 25% accuracy boost a giant white and light purple bubble will appear and increase attack and critical for all players and enemies, but reduce accuracy by 25%
Percent: 85%

Songbird
Effect: Upon using, all teammates except the person using the spell are given a 50% accuracy boost and a trap that does 25% more damage. The spell attacks all enemies. User receives half damage of the first person the spell hits.
Damage: 100 damage per pip
Percent: 80%

Sound Barrier
Pip cost: X
Effect: a smaller field similar to that of Wildfire or Balefrost will appear. It is half the size. It does not replace the current field. This spell nullifes all aura effects and field effects for 2 rounds per power pip, 1 round per pip.

Thunderclap
Effect: Attacks everyone on field, teammates and enemies alike. Your team takes more damage then enemy team, but, your team is given a shield that reduces 90% damage and enemys are given a trap that increases 100% damage, and have smoke screen and virulent plague on them.
Damage: Your team/90 Damage per pip Enemy team/60 damage per pip

Lullaby
Effect: All team members all healed to 50% max health, given a accuracy and damage increase, but are stunned for one round, enemies are stunned for 4 rounds, given accuracy decrease by 75% and given a 250% damage blade (Blade effects are nullified if the enemy criticals and recuded to 50 damage)
Damage: 100 damage per POWER PIP and 25 damge per pip.

Fanefare
Pip cost: 5
Effects: Teams damage, accuracy, resistance and healing are increased by 50%but team is stunned for 4 rounds. (effects start after stuns are gone)

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Just a quick message, Sound Magic would be able to "Nullify effects" of Auras and Field spells like Vengeance or Wyldfire. It would last longer depending on how many pips where used. A miniature bubble/field will appear in the one that already surrounds the battle but enclose closer to the actual battle circle. When effects of Auras and Fields are nullified, the turns dont count on them. For instance, if you have vengeance only for one more round, and i nullified with a power pip. It would wait for the next to rounds to pass, so it could finish its round.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I. Support. You. In. All. Of. This. DUDE! This is awesome. Very very cool. KI better put this in. (Sorry KI. PLEASE, put this in) Anyway, it seemed like each spell also had a specific school. Like Lullaby would be Life, Thunderclap would be Storm. Is that what you were going for?

--

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Jesse Lifedreamer on Mar 1, 2015 wrote:
I. Support. You. In. All. Of. This. DUDE! This is awesome. Very very cool. KI better put this in. (Sorry KI. PLEASE, put this in) Anyway, it seemed like each spell also had a specific school. Like Lullaby would be Life, Thunderclap would be Storm. Is that what you were going for?

--
Oh, i just used the colors so it didnt all look like on giant run on sentence.

But I did have that idea in mind, like for certain sound spells to be for certain schools.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
KieranMoonFlame on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
So I've thought of a small list of spells, for Sound Magic.

The magics Colors would be White and Light Purple.

As for its spells, heres what I've though of so far.

War Cry
Effect: Places a Blade on users team that does +10% damage Per pip, and places a -10% damage on enemies. BUT, Upon using, Users takes 95 damage per pip, And enemies are given a 25% accuracy boost a giant white and light purple bubble will appear and increase attack and critical for all players and enemies, but reduce accuracy by 25%
Percent: 85%

Songbird
Effect: Upon using, all teammates except the person using the spell are given a 50% accuracy boost and a trap that does 25% more damage. The spell attacks all enemies. User receives half damage of the first person the spell hits.
Damage: 100 damage per pip
Percent: 80%

Sound Barrier
Effect: a smaller field similar to that of Wildfire or Balefrost will appear. It is half the size. It does not replace the current field. This spell nullifes all aura effects and field effects for 2 rounds per power pip, 1 round per pip.

Thunderclap
Effect: Attacks everyone on field, teammates and enemies alike. Your team takes more damage then enemy team, but, your team is given a shield that reduces 90% damage and enemys are given a trap that increases 100% damage, and have smoke screen and virulent plague on them.
Damage: Your team/90 Damage per pip Enemy team/60 damage per pip

Lullaby
Effect: All team members all healed to 50% max health, given a accuracy and damage increase, but are stunned for one round, enemies are stunned for 4 rounds, given accuracy decrease by 75% and given a 250% damage blade (Blade effects are nullified if the enemy criticals and recuded to 50 damage)
Damage: 100 damage per POWER PIP and 25 damge per pip.

Fanefare
Pip cost: 5
Effects: Teams damage, accuracy, resistance and healing are increased by 50%but team is stunned for 4 rounds. (effects start after stuns are gone)
Just wanted to add a few details

War Cry would ALSO have a Lion that appears in the middle of the stage and it would roar loudly *Hence war cry*

Sound Barriers percent of working is 75%

Lullaby would have a Seraph with purple robes, white skin, white hair and red eyes singing gently and then itd disappear.

Fanfare would have a bunch of gobblers with white skin, violet eyes and trousers playing violet trumpets. then they would disappear

Songbird would look like the Phoenix, except it'd be White with little purple particles flying around.

Thunderclap would have VIOLET lignthing strike everyone and the middle of the field, screen would flash in negatives one time (or just all white) loud thunder, and then the effects.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Anyway if you guys like the idea I'd like to here things you might add on to it.