Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it okay for myth not to use minions?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 05, 2010
At early levels I used to use minions all the time, but then I just stopped using them and removed them entirely from my deck. The point of myth is basically minions, so that's why I'm asking if it's okay. Myth has other good features besides minions, but minions are still a major factor that make up the school.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
NerdyHamster on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
At early levels I used to use minions all the time, but then I just stopped using them and removed them entirely from my deck. The point of myth is basically minions, so that's why I'm asking if it's okay. Myth has other good features besides minions, but minions are still a major factor that make up the school.
It's perfectly fine, the minions fall off later due to a couple of reasons:
1. They won't last long due to the health and AoE spells becoming more common.
2. Their spells will be outdated.
3. Later battles, especially bosses, require more strategy than in earlier worlds.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
As I advanced my Myth wiz I found that I relied less and less on minions. I still keep one or two of the zero pip golems in my deck sometimes, along with a sacrifice, just in case I need a quick infusion of health. They can also be handy as a decoy or to help burn off shields when you're up against a storm enemy that casts Myth Shield.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The minions are there to help at early stages. They are never required. I rarely use them even with low level wizards. You don't have to use minions in any school; this applies to Myth as well.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Absolutely it is OK -- more than that, it is necessary. Once we get to higher level worlds, the minions become a liability because they mess up strategy.

Explorer
May 05, 2011
It's definitely fine! But wait until you reach level 75, the Vassanji minion will blow you away. I use it all the time when i'm soloing boss battles.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
It is fine for myth not to use minions.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
I find it fine I am a lvl 49 Life and still have my minion in deck and so does my cousin who is fire! We bother rarely use it and most of the time discard it so not using minions is fine! The reason I like life Minion sometimes is that is does fairy when you need it so I can attack and trust it to heal me! But, no minions are not needed!

-Cori Lifeheart,level 49, Life, Savior of the Spiral