Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transformation name change?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Okay, so I understand that people have talked about an Avalon dungeon glitch where, when you transform into Gamma, your name changes to your pets name. This is not what I'm talking about, but something similar.

Okay, so I've been playing for about two years now. My computer got a bug over the summer that I wasn't able to fix until the school year, so I missed from May-September. Before that, when I used transforms, my character name stayed the same. Now, in December, whenever I use a transformation my name changes to "Belle" no matter what the transformation is. I tried on my other character and it happened to that one as well (hers changed to something else, which I forget). I asked a friend and he said it had happened to him as well at one point.

To clarify: "Belle" isn't my pet's name (it's Luna). That means the "glitch", if it is one, isn't even changing my name to my pet's. So why does my name change when I transform? And why does it always change to the same name? Anyone know? It's driving me nuts!!

-Calamity Deathbringer, Transcendent Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
ellhae31 on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so I understand that people have talked about an Avalon dungeon glitch where, when you transform into Gamma, your name changes to your pets name. This is not what I'm talking about, but something similar.

Okay, so I've been playing for about two years now. My computer got a bug over the summer that I wasn't able to fix until the school year, so I missed from May-September. Before that, when I used transforms, my character name stayed the same. Now, in December, whenever I use a transformation my name changes to "Belle" no matter what the transformation is. I tried on my other character and it happened to that one as well (hers changed to something else, which I forget). I asked a friend and he said it had happened to him as well at one point.

To clarify: "Belle" isn't my pet's name (it's Luna). That means the "glitch", if it is one, isn't even changing my name to my pet's. So why does my name change when I transform? And why does it always change to the same name? Anyone know? It's driving me nuts!!

-Calamity Deathbringer, Transcendent Necromancer
yep,
me too. but my name is "jessie". and it happens every time i level up, so i hope they fix it.

Nathan skullwrath
level 41

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Also, when I asked my friends about the name change during the transformations, they said my name was still the same. So to them I was still "Calamity Deathbringer" but on my screen I always turn into "Belle".

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
ellhae31 on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Also, when I asked my friends about the name change during the transformations, they said my name was still the same. So to them I was still "Calamity Deathbringer" but on my screen I always turn into "Belle".
sry for late reply, but yea same here.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
The same thing happens to me but my name ends up being Sir Abby when clearly my char is a girl not a dude.