Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New idea for the game!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Hello everyone and thanks for reading this. I was questing the other day on my lvl 100 storm character and I realized that this is my third storm character. My idea is instead of making your character and getting bored with your school later on or realizing that you don't like the school your were put in ,make it were like the whole resetting your training points thing you can also have a choice to reset your school. Am I the only person that would think this would be a good thing or would everyone be interested in this idea? For me I think it would be great!
thanks, StormyMasterMind

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Too many factors to do that really. Every school has different quests and challenges to surmount. Just paying to change a level 100 Myth to a level 100 Storm is ridiculous. You haven't earned any of the spells, you'd have none of the pets. You shouldn't be able to bypass everything.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Ya I totally Agree with you, but also it would open up that schools spell quest or even they would give you the spells for the lvl spells you have already have learned from your old school. And then they would also have the pet quests open for you. This maybe a lot of work to first get working, but is not impossible. And People would definitely pay for it only for the fact people get bored or frustrated with there school after a while. Having friends that had thought of this to I just thought I would put this idea out there. And thanks for replying it is cool to finally start a conversation on here.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
stormymastermind on Nov 17, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone and thanks for reading this. I was questing the other day on my lvl 100 storm character and I realized that this is my third storm character. My idea is instead of making your character and getting bored with your school later on or realizing that you don't like the school your were put in ,make it were like the whole resetting your training points thing you can also have a choice to reset your school. Am I the only person that would think this would be a good thing or would everyone be interested in this idea? For me I think it would be great!
thanks, StormyMasterMind
No. I would never pay for something I can already do for free. ever.
You are allowed 6 wizards on each account and have the ability to delete any wizard at any time for free; why on earth would someone pay cash to do that? Sorry, it makes no sense.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Ok thanks for your comment. But what I am talking about is the fact that on more than one of my accounts I ave high lvl wizards and no more space for any other wizards . So you wouldn't want to delete them you would want to change your characters school so you wouldn't have to do all that work all over again. Am I the only person that wouldn't want to delete my lvl 100 so I could make a lvl 1?

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
thanks, StormyMasterMind
This ideal perfect man I mean i get tired of questing for my storm and if i could do this then i could switch my class and as for the class spell well you already did your work on what ever wizard you where and it was hard enough so why should you have to do the spell to time so i think you should get all the spell and you quest stay the same expect if it was a ice one it turns to a storm one and this would make it for players who gotten tired of trying to make a new wizard because the quest take forever and the worlds are so long maybe it will get some old players to come back and switch there class to the one they wanted and instead of skill points i think it should be crowns because we need are skill points for side cards or other school cards but if you switch over you class pets turn into what ever class you switch to basically any bundle bought gear or pets or cards you earned on you ice or what ever would turn into that class and for that class so you can still use it there also be a reset butten so if you didn't like the chang you had for days to hit the free reset before you had to pay like 5000 to reset you wizard back to normal depending on the level is how much it would cost but then more wizard could try out the classes and if they didn't like it they where not stuck with it forever or have to do blah blah mounts of leveling.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2011
thanks, StormyMasterMind
Hey I get it it's like prestige (sorry if i spelled it wrong) like you know starting all over from scratch or something, but paying real money to prestige? I don't know about that, how about paying crowns or if you're a member you can prestige without having to pay crowns.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
YES! Well kind of. It would start your school over with out all the work of making and leveling another character. Cause once you got a level one hundred, or any high level character at all, anything no one would want to delete it so this idea is just to switch schools for character not starting on a new character. But Instead of having to start over with the spell quests maybe even they can put the school you transferred to spells in your deck and maybe get rid of old one or maybe you can keep them and get mastery? But this idea would save people a lot of time. And yes I was thinking of instead of paying real money paying it in crowns. ( Sorry I didn't make that part clear before) But yes that was along the lines of what I was talking about.

Defender
May 23, 2009
stormymastermind on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
Ok thanks for your comment. But what I am talking about is the fact that on more than one of my accounts I ave high lvl wizards and no more space for any other wizards . So you wouldn't want to delete them you would want to change your characters school so you wouldn't have to do all that work all over again. Am I the only person that wouldn't want to delete my lvl 100 so I could make a lvl 1?
Your idea seems less convincing with the quoted post. Feels like work? That's not what W101 should be and is not. W101 is still an effective and fun time killer for me as it was couple years ago. Why would I take the easy way out and avoid all that fun by paying extra on top of membership and crowns?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I was taught growing up that everything one gains its best earned through hard work so I do not like this idea.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Ok, what I was talking about is people that have done the hard work ,and don't care to do everything over again, this would be ideal for them. Yes this game is fun but it gets a little bit boring after the almost 12 time you have done it. So my idea inst to cheat everyone out of playing and having fun, but to make it were we don't have to work through countless worlds ,or delete a very high lvl character to make room for a new character that is lvl 1. Do I have problems with the work in the game? No! I like going through the game and having fun but when you get bored of a school or don't like anything about that school anymore then you would have a option to use the changing school device or what ever it would be. I am in no way trying to change your opinion about this subject nor will I try ,EVER. I am Just trying to state what I haven't in the past few comments. And yes I have had more than one account on this game full with characters so... And yes people have to put hard work in everything they do. This is for when we have done the work, and you don't like the school you are putting the work into, you will have this option. So I agree one hundred percent about the hard work, but if you don't like what you are putting the work into ,you will change it to make what you are putting the hard work into worth it. So we wouldn't get out of the hard work just change what we are putting the work into.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
stormymastermind on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
Ok, what I was talking about is people that have done the hard work ,and don't care to do everything over again, this would be ideal for them. Yes this game is fun but it gets a little bit boring after the almost 12 time you have done it. So my idea inst to cheat everyone out of playing and having fun, but to make it were we don't have to work through countless worlds ,or delete a very high lvl character to make room for a new character that is lvl 1. Do I have problems with the work in the game? No! I like going through the game and having fun but when you get bored of a school or don't like anything about that school anymore then you would have a option to use the changing school device or what ever it would be. I am in no way trying to change your opinion about this subject nor will I try ,EVER. I am Just trying to state what I haven't in the past few comments. And yes I have had more than one account on this game full with characters so... And yes people have to put hard work in everything they do. This is for when we have done the work, and you don't like the school you are putting the work into, you will have this option. So I agree one hundred percent about the hard work, but if you don't like what you are putting the work into ,you will change it to make what you are putting the hard work into worth it. So we wouldn't get out of the hard work just change what we are putting the work into.
That makes the suggestion even more pointless. If you have multiple accounts and high level wizards, why would you need another 100 level wizard of the same school? If you haven't played all the schools all the way through, get rid of one of you duplicate schools and play that school through. Every school is a different experience.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Ya I know they are but having friends that think this is a good idea I just posted it. It isn't pointless it isnt impossible it isn't bad it actually will be good for people that hate there school later on. And I have done every school and know which one I like better. So really this wouldn't be pointless and the people that have been calling this pointless are people that think that you should delete characters and work a lvl one all the way up to the top again. That is pointless because a lot of people don't have the time or don't want to do that and they don't like there school. So this would be a great idea maybe not for you guys that think otherwise ,but for everyone that thinks this would be great. And don't want to delete anything like a high lvl character to make a low lvl one. So if you can honestly tell me that if you had a account full of high lvl wizards and you could delete one after all the time you put into them to make a new school then ya this would be pointless to you. But a bunch of you couldnt say that and that is why i came up with this idea

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
stormymastermind on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
I agree with Seethe here... this makes no sense. Like I said before, delete the wizard if you're bored. I have deleted high level wizards before because I simply couldn't make any more progress. It's not that big of a deal, and if you have more than one high level wizard in the same school, yeah, that's the pointless part here.

KI has stated many times over that we will never be able to change schools, so deletion is and always will be your only option. I can virtually guarantee they will not consider this. sorry, it's just not fair or feasible.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
RavenLady777 on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
I agree with Seethe here... this makes no sense. Like I said before, delete the wizard if you're bored. I have deleted high level wizards before because I simply couldn't make any more progress. It's not that big of a deal, and if you have more than one high level wizard in the same school, yeah, that's the pointless part here.

KI has stated many times over that we will never be able to change schools, so deletion is and always will be your only option. I can virtually guarantee they will not consider this. sorry, it's just not fair or feasible.
Ok let me explain something. I have no problem working hard for another high lvl wizard. Or deleting a high lvl character. The whole factor that doesn't make any sense, and if you can't recall what it was it was the fact that i have more than one account of high lvl wizards,was something I was trying to get a point across with. This idea was to get people who cant afford to pay for another membership for an account or doesn't have the time, or doesn't want to delete a character. Believe it or not this game gets a little boring after playing it over and over. And this is more than fair for people that have put alot of time into the game. And ya it can be done very easily there are games out there that you can do this back to back when ever you want. So really your whole argument makes no scene when you tell me this isn't fair or feasible, or when you tell people that deleting a wizard is not that big of deal. Ya it isn't but it still would make them a lot of money. And I guarantee some of you that don't think this is fair or possible ,if this ever happen to get considered or anything like that you would switch schools. Because deleting a high lvl character is pointless. I only brought this whole thing up for the hundreds of people I have met that think that this would be a great idea. And it wasn't originally my idea I just put this idea up for the people that wanted to but were afraid to deal with people that are really hurtful.