Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-7-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards out there! It's Friday once again, and that means it's time for another topic of discussion...

While I'll leave most of our Test discussion on those forums, I will highlight a new spell baddies are casting in Darkmoor - we call it Monster Mash. We combined the Vampire Bat spell with Dr. Von's Monster, and made a completely new, mashed up spell out of it.

My question is this - if you could make a mashup of two EXISTING spells, which two would you pick? Go wild!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
The Storm Owl, with lightning bats swirling around it, and tempest waves below it.
A little much?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Ooh this is amazing! I'll do one for each school :D

Ice: Already has Wooly Mammoth
Death: Already has Monster Mash

Storm: Lightning Bats destroyed by a Storm Owl
Fire: Incorporate Sunbird, Phoenix, Fire Dragon, and Sun Serpent (In that order!) into a spell together.
Life: Dryad starts to heal the target but the Nature's Wrath Treant puts a stop to that
Life heal: The Seraph has a legion of sprites to help heal you and/or your team
Balance: Hydra meets the Chimera
Myth: Basilisk and Medusa, since both are known to petrify the enemy (Basilisk from Harry Potter and Medusa from the Greek Myths)

Community Leader
I would combine Stormzilla and Imp to make Dino Imp. It would look like a very tiny Stormzilla with wings!

It would cost 5 pips, deal 545-625 Storm damage, and apply a Fire or Ice dispel (chosen randomly).

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
Professor Falmea on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello Wizards out there! It's Friday once again, and that means it's time for another topic of discussion...

While I'll leave most of our Test discussion on those forums, I will highlight a new spell baddies are casting in Darkmoor - we call it Monster Mash. We combined the Vampire Bat spell with Dr. Von's Monster, and made a completely new, mashed up spell out of it.

My question is this - if you could make a mashup of two EXISTING spells, which two would you pick? Go wild!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
i would combine medusa with ice snake where she would have four snakes that would hit each player or mob

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
HI everyone, I think I would mash up Rebirth and Storm owl just because the tree with the owl on it would make it more off a powerful looking spell and then also for the fact that storm doesn't have a lot of heals so rebirth would be very cool to have. And also maybe the Sun Serpent and Fire dragon spell and make it look like the Sun Serpent is coming out of the ruins of Dragonsyre and have the dragons attack kind of like Mourn Song in Pirate101 the the Sun Serpent attacking after them.

Jared SpellRider lvl 100
Ian DeathHand lvl 80
Noah Bluefist lvl 100 and the same character name lvl 10

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Celestial Calendar and Earthquake. I know it's not really a monster mashup but something in me wants to see the calendar get broken in half.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Combine medusa with the dot part of rain of fire. Deadly.
Combine earthquake with storm lord ( so a storm lord who removes everything AND stuns)
Make an aoe death /fire elf , which returns a percentage of the damage to the player who cast it and keep the dot. Make it a myth or storm spell because they need heals.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
I would probably do a mix of a (or ) and ! Life needs a low pip hit spell for farm and what not so i would do like a tempest or meteor mix with like the weaver? Be like the vine mount with a hit all style!

Delver
Jun 29, 2011

Minotorthrus

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013

Hello i have a good idea : tempest which throws kraken when wave comes up. That would be good for storm spells. or owl which comes and takes target in the air and then throws it in the battle area hope you like my idea! :D bye hope in great updates

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I would probably mash up fire from above with efreet or gaze of fate with call of krulhu.

Artur Fircaster level 84

Survivor
May 15, 2014
This is just a thought but maybe, triton and tempest.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
Deer knight and tempest! + great combination :)

Defender
May 17, 2014
Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Sirens and Leviathan would be an epic combination... I can just imagine the sirens singing while the Levy swims around in the water. Another good one would be Fire Dragon and Ice Giant. They could be clashing in the middle of the battle circle and whenever one hits the ground an earthquake of some sort hits the opponents. This could perhaps be a myth spell. Thats all I can think of for now.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
I say have fire dragon and frost giant go at it only to have them cause a fusion blast

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fire Elf comes out hopping and dancing around, Fire Dragon lands on top of him and hits.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I would mash up the storm owl with the wild bolt.Now if you asked me what I would eliminate with out a question it would be FIZZWorst idea ever to add that to the game

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Hydra Chimera. A 6headed dragon that does one hit each of fire, ice, storm, life, death, and myth.

Survivor
May 27, 2011
I would match sirens and efreet. It starts off similar to tempest but it's at the shore and there is a rusty lamp (like the one in the spell efreet) slightly buried in the sand and a siren comes a picks it up she brings it back to her siren buddies where the scene is now how the spell sirens is and the lamp is on the rock one siren picks it up and rubs it when the efreet comes the sirens sing their song and the spell does it's job after they are done attacking the efreet is hovering above them and motions his hand toward the targets and a -90% is placed on them as well as everything the sirens did to them

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Balance
A scorpion appears, and then a sandstorm starts and catches the scorpion and carries it around the field and into the target.

Another balance one: A power nova appears, and then Ra grabs it and throws it at the target.

Storm
The Sirens appear, and then a Tempest appears and pushes them into the opponent

Fire
The Rain of Fire starts, but when the top of the volcano explodes it hits a sun serpent who is flying above. The sun serpent falls into the player

Ice
An Ice Beetle appears, and then an Ice Giant grabs it and throws it at the target

Myth
A cyclops appears. It's about to attack when it turns around to see Medusa. It turns into stone and Medusa uses it as a bat to attack the player

Life
Gnomes are stacking up to form a giant gnome, but then the Forest Lord appears and punches them and all the little gnomes fly into the player

Death
A Scarecrow appears, but then a Banshee appears behind it and its scream knocks the Scarecrow's head into the player

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the combinations are limitless really. How about Meteor Strike and Blizzard for a spell called Brimestone, or, perhaps Beguile and Smokescreen for a spell called Mass Confusion where the people affected attack their own team for 2 rounds, there are too many combinations you could do.

Developer
I would love to see Humongo Frog burp up a Gobbler, which toots and chases away Humongo and damages player.