Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What was your least favorite world?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I was kind of curious to see what people's least favorite worlds are and why. For me, I really dislike Azteca. To me, it seemed like such a long world with many bosses that seemed impossible to beat alone. Although, Azteca made you step up your ability to fight bosses which made me happy to see that Kingisle ramped the difficulty up. I also didn't like Marleybone because of the style. It seemed so gloomy and dark that really made the atmosphere less appealing. These are my opinions so I really want to see yours! What's your least favorite world?

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I agree with you on Marleybone, it was always scaryand dark I never really enjoyed working in it. And the fact that you are working at night at 1:15 in the morning, it just freaks me out. I haven't yet gotten to Azteca so I don't know yet how it is.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2014
I dislike marleybone too. It doesn't have proper paths to be safe on. Prof. Greyrose's statement about sidewalks doesn't apply to marleybone at all.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Zafaria. It makes me absolutely dread making another wizard knowing I will have to go through it again.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Marleybone- I got pulled in way too easily.....

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Marleybone and Wysteria are a tie for my most hated worlds.

I dislike Marleybone because it is so dark and gloomy. To me the quests are boring as are the enemies. The only good thing about Marleybone is the chance for the car at final boss.

To me Wysteria is nothing but running around doing pointless tasks. Really, why must I make a bouquet of flowers? Was it really necessary to find three or four students who decided to skip a class? oh, and don't even get me started about the tower of the Helephant.

Yes I know Wysteria is a side world, but i don't like having quests in my book.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
I myself love all the worlds since they all have there pros and cons but for me I'd have to say so far for me Zafaria is a big hassle due to all the bland collecting quests. I'm nearing the finish of that world and i'm really hoping there are less collecting quests in the following worlds.

Again all the worlds are still great and have a lot of pros to them!

Wolf ThunderFlame, lvl 75

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
The last world I got was Marleybone but I don't really have a least favorite. I like all the worlds!

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I will have to break this one down because there is no world i flat out hate

In terms of annoying questing Khysalis and Azteca tye at first (I love the way they look though, kind of wish Azteca didnt get the comets everywhere at the end it makes me lag so badly)

In terms of looks my least favorite was krokotopia its all sand and...sand it was boring to look at (i liked the puzzles though i wish the dungeons in Khysalis could have just been puzzles that if you failed you would fight)

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Dark Hunter on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
I dislike marleybone too. It doesn't have proper paths to be safe on. Prof. Greyrose's statement about sidewalks doesn't apply to marleybone at all.
Yeah, Back when I was still working in Marleybone I noticed how bad the rooftops were for questing >.<

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
In contrast to everyone here, I actually loved Marleybone.
The plot, the dogs, everything about it!
Anyways... My least favorite world is a tie between Celestia
and Zafaria.
Too many "did not collect quests"

Valkoor GoldSong
Exalted Conjurer

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I agree with everyone about Marleybone. From the pulling into a battle, which has gotten better, (in my opinion). but Marleybone is so dark. I know this maybe hard for you guys at Kingsisle to do regarding programming, time change of everyone playing the game. Can you make it so it's daytime when it is daytime wherever the person is in the real world? I understand the programming may not be there. I'm just saying that it will be a cool idea for future prospects. I like Azteca for the fact that it is a primeval world, but when it comes to the bosses, especially in the later worlds, Belloq, that particular boss is very annoying. Oh! Almost forgot. That boss, I forget his name, the boss right before you get to the Twin Peaks. That boss...the strategy is to hit him with "a wand spell" out of all things, and you only give us, at least, six wand cards. That boss without friends if and when you want to solo the game, you can't without more wand spell cards. All the worlds are awesome. Just some tinkering with them will make them a lot better.

Thanks for keeping it updated!

Valkoor

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
rangertom6 on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
I was kind of curious to see what people's least favorite worlds are and why. For me, I really dislike Azteca. To me, it seemed like such a long world with many bosses that seemed impossible to beat alone. Although, Azteca made you step up your ability to fight bosses which made me happy to see that Kingisle ramped the difficulty up. I also didn't like Marleybone because of the style. It seemed so gloomy and dark that really made the atmosphere less appealing. These are my opinions so I really want to see yours! What's your least favorite world?
Marley bone was dark in a good way...it didn't seem at all gloomy. I don't like Marley bone that much but it was a good world.

My worlds in order(only the ones I have completed or are currently working on):

Mooshu
Celestia
Aquila
Wysteria
Wizard City
Grizzle heim/wintertusk
Marelybone
Krokotopia
Dragonspyre

I extremely dislike Dragonspyre...took me a month of summer to do both Mooshu and Marelybone, and it took me like two months to only do Dragonspyre. It's not like it was hard or long...I just didn't like it.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Obviously Marleybone. It was annoying because I couldn't go into the streets to go return my task without getting pulled into a battle. I also don't like the music, it makes me turn off my game sound every time. Also, I don't like how it's always pitch black. I am more of a dawn person, if I say so my self.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Dragonspyre.

I remember when I had an account back in somewhere around the beginning of 2012, I reached Marleybone on it and never really continued it. I looked forward a lot to Dragonspyre.

But when I finally reached it on my current account, it took me about 3 months to finish it. I hated it, there were too much fire bosses and monsters, it was a lot longer then for instance Krokotopia or Mooshu. Luckily I recently soloed Malistere and by some wonder won.

Now I'm in Celestia, but I'm not enjoying it. The storm monsters and bosses are OP in my opinion, their attacks are too high, but their health doesn't have much of a difference from Fire or Ice monsters. My friend finished Kyralis, and she tells me that I'm going to hate Azteca.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I might have already replied to this before but anyway, my least favorite so far is most definitely Mooshu. It's just annoying, long, and it took me too long to finish. The music was kind of annoying and the scenery was always the same. But I did like the Asian touches.

AND MARLEYBONE WILL FOREVER BE THE BEST WORLD. I personally liked the darkness of Marleybone. Then again, I'm an introvert and a bit of a dark person. But I really liked the nighttime theme.

Bailey Skullvault, Legendary Pyro