Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Zeus Gear Drops

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I"m not really new to this place, and have farmed Zeus with each of my six characters upon hitting lvl 30.
I've been into this fight for 4 straight days, and haven't seen a single zeus gear drop for my newest Character.

Is anyone else noticing the complete lack of Prime Zeus Gear drops lately??

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Hmm, yes. Though my Thaumaturge is level 70 I sometimes go into Mount OP to farm for Zeus gear. In my history of farming Aquila, I've only gotten the Zeus shoes as well as the staff. I really hate the low drop rate for the armor.

Dakota Sky

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Same thing for me! I got only boots and a the fire staff! Hopefully if I find more people I want to go in again.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I honestly don't see this as a patience thing.
I run 6 characters, all levels 30 - 100
As well, my daughter runs six characters.
I've gotten the Zeus Gear for 5 of my 6, but it seems my Ice just can NOT get it.
I've managed WW gear full for each school I've tried, Gotten the Blade of the Felled Titan, though no Alpha and Omega though I've fought the Gladiator a thousand plus times.
I never questioned the low drop rates, and kept my head down and just farmed.
However, when the other wizards who come through Mount Olympus with me get Zeus Gear drops, and I do the battle for weeks and get only senators, I see this as a problem.
Are there simply no Zeus Gear drops for Ice, or are the Ice Drops simply the most ultra-ultra rare of items.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Sarg042 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
I honestly don't see this as a patience thing.
I run 6 characters, all levels 30 - 100
As well, my daughter runs six characters.
I've gotten the Zeus Gear for 5 of my 6, but it seems my Ice just can NOT get it.
I've managed WW gear full for each school I've tried, Gotten the Blade of the Felled Titan, though no Alpha and Omega though I've fought the Gladiator a thousand plus times.
I never questioned the low drop rates, and kept my head down and just farmed.
However, when the other wizards who come through Mount Olympus with me get Zeus Gear drops, and I do the battle for weeks and get only senators, I see this as a problem.
Are there simply no Zeus Gear drops for Ice, or are the Ice Drops simply the most ultra-ultra rare of items.
You must have really bad luck...... but still... Good luck

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Quick update
A few Zeus runs each week for the past three months have turned up...
0 Zeus gear drops for Ice...lol
All Senators Gear only

Defender
May 17, 2014
It's kind of tiring that people think these are bugs, it's just bad luck. The armor has a really low drop percentage so you're probably not gonna get it soon. Yeah.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
It's kind of tiring that people think these are bugs, it's just bad luck. The armor has a really low drop percentage so you're probably not gonna get it soon. Yeah.
Just to make a point...
I've played 6 characters through this game, for over 2 years
I've gotten the full ZEUS set on each of them, except this one.
I've still not gotten a single ZEUS drop for my ice wizard, after months of farming
I've stopped trying, I simply go in a few times each month now, and see if it's changed.
My daughter, who also has an ice character has brought her ice in with me on almost every run I've made since this place opened...

I'm not a Noob, and I'm not the type to complain about something not dropping if it isn't abnormal.
I've never complained about the hades stuff, or darkmore
I farmed waterworks for months before getting all the pieces, and never complained.

I think you should word your responses a little more gently.
I'm sorry that you find it "Tiring" that I thought it may be a possible glitch
That being said, I've farmed the instance for 6 months to no avail, and if I count the year my daughter was in the Zeus fights with me, it's 18 months with ZERO ice drops for Zeus Gear....

18 months seems extreme for this particular set...
Just Sayin

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Hi Sarg042

I have to agree with you. When i was your lvl, i didn't have that much luck either. I even complained on the message boards about how long it took! Well ,since i have been in your position i can only say a few things:

1. Get gear from the bazaar
Ice has amazing resist on all gear and health, zeus is not dropping the gear so what? I have a friend who had simple bazaar gear and had even more damage than me with the zeus gear on!

2. You have got to have gotten the sky iron hasta by now. My advice is not to go for the zeus staff keep the sky iron hasta. If you do get the zeus staff, stitch the hasta into the staff. Trust me as an ice wizard at your lvl, more damage is essential here.

3. Zeus gear does not mean everything!
At your level, there is some amazing crowns gear available at the crowns shop. Also, if you have managed 18 whole months worth of zeus farming with that gear you have, then why change it? If your not getting the gear, just move on with the game. There are plenty of wizards who have survived the game without the zeus gear.

4. Crafted gear
Mooshu has some nice gear you can craft, plus the jade oni there drops some nice gear for all wizards and they drop a lot quicker as well :>)

Mate, zeus gear is amazing i'll admit. But senator gear is also good and if you can stitch the senator gear ( i admit it looks terrible) you should be fine. Its not like Mooshu and Dragonspyre are so hard that you need zeus gear to survive them. Your ice, if you can get a pet with double proof and damage, that is pretty much equivalent to another piece of gear. Hard to get i know, but it beats farming for 18 months, right?

Talon Spiritbreaker lvl 85 (

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
lol

It's not the stats anymore, simply the moral of it.
I've gotten full zeus gear 5 times, and not a single drop for the 6th...

I'll continue to farm it, even after waterworks, just because I"ve gotten all the others.

Thank you for your suggestions

Survivor
Apr 19, 2013
I have exactly the same problem.
I've been farming Zeus almost 50 times now and still not even a single sign of the Zeus gear
Talon SpiritBreaker, i totally agree with you. Who needs Zeus gear when there is so much more gear which gives you more facilities such as more power pips, more damage, more resistance etc.
What is do is buy even more powerful stuff from the bazaar and and craft my own gear in DragonSpyre. By crafting your own gear, you can stitch senator's set into it and then enjoy your more damage and resistance and power pips etc.
Hope this helped!

Stephen SkullSword Level 46

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's not luck. It's the extremely low RNG that KI applies to drops, and is the lowest RNG that I have ever ever ever seen in any game I've ever played.

Since Aquila opened, I have done all the dungeons and special bosses countless times, and I have only received 1-Ring and 1-pair of Zeus Boots ...... EVER. No one should have to farm that much, and besides, not everyone 'farms', because it's sooooooo boring.

I wish you well in getting the Zeus drops you want. I gave up getting anything specific and only do Aquila for the fun or helping someone who needs it.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on May 25, 2015 wrote:
It's not luck. It's the extremely low RNG that KI applies to drops, and is the lowest RNG that I have ever ever ever seen in any game I've ever played.

Since Aquila opened, I have done all the dungeons and special bosses countless times, and I have only received 1-Ring and 1-pair of Zeus Boots ...... EVER. No one should have to farm that much, and besides, not everyone 'farms', because it's sooooooo boring.

I wish you well in getting the Zeus drops you want. I gave up getting anything specific and only do Aquila for the fun or helping someone who needs it.

the drop rates are normally bad for the good gears as I haven't gotten the zeus gear on my lvl 30 storm but my cousin and friend both got one drop but its still the same as the malistaire for my fire as I can't get the hat or even the ring for the skeleton key boss even though I have farmed countless times

Now its just a matter of time till I can get both these geat and a matter of how many more do I want to go since wizard101 is about farming for the gear you want

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Hello it's not just you I have been going in with friends and farming for a bout 9 times now on my fire and each time they have got a piece of gear and I have got nothing or some senators gear that I already have I'm starting to think this isn't about patience now