Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends only Pagodas and Winterbanes

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Pondering the recent Spiral Gauntlet. I think what King isle did with those was brillant, but I don't think it is enough. I have a padoga and I have my house on tours, but I don't like when people show up at the house just for the Pagoda and pass up the rest of the house. I know your probably gonna say. Just put it in a hard to get location of the house. Thing is that there is a spot that I wanted to put my pagoda more easier to get to cause it would look great there, but I am afraid people will just enter it. Yesterday someone showed up at my house asking me if I had a pagoda and that the only reason he came was for the pagoda so I think King isle should apply the same rules to Pagoda and winter banes. What do you think?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They are removing the "Friends Only" for Spiral Cup because everyone hated it. They sure aren't gonna add it to others. If you don't want people using your Pagoda, don't list your house on the Tours.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Hate to break it to you, but after the Test Realm becomes live the Spiral Gauntlet won't be friends only anymore. If it's friends only then people won't stop begging you to add them. I think the way KingsIsle is already going is good.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do think the pagoda, winterbane, and spiral gauntlet should not be assessable when a house is on tours.

When housing tours first came to the spiral, many people, me included thought it would be a great way to show off our house and have them admired for all the hard work that we put into them. Instead, only houses with gauntlets become high ranking. The majority of those houses have items just thrown around in order to get the minimum amount of furniture in them to be put on tours. This makes it unfair to the ones who actually took the time to decorate or even add a lot of glitches to their homes.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Actually, KI is going the other way -- in the latest update they announced they are opening the Spiral Gauntlet to non-friends as well.

I suppose you could put hedges or fences around the pagoda, so that only you and your friends can reach it when you are there, by moving obstacles out of the way, but beyond that, your only recourse is to take the house off the tours. (Both of these options would likely take a hit to the house ratings though.)

Otherwise, I think you may just have to accept that there are those who will come for the dungeons, and don't really care about the houses themselves.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sure, I wish everyone shared our passion for decorating; but the simple truth is, most folks don't. So instead of beating yourself up about this; turn it around to your advantage.

I added all the dungeons and tree house for everyone to access, because I want everyone who visits to have a really fun experience. And since most players only want to access a dungeon; I simply decorated around them.

I hope this suggestion helps!

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Hate to break it to you, but after the Test Realm becomes live the Spiral Gauntlet won't be friends only anymore. If it's friends only then people won't stop begging you to add them. I think the way KingsIsle is already going is good.
Aww no. You gotta be kidding me! Well I guess this means I am gonna have to put my pagoda in the hard to access part of the house. Oh well. Don't get everything you want in life I guess.