Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where do pigs come from?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
Both Wysteria and MooShu have pigs with completely different cultures, so are they the same species of pig, or two different species that look similar? If they ARE the same species of pig, then which world do they originate from?

If anyone knows the answers, please post them here. If not, feel free to share your theories on this matter!

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i always thought of that a lot. i have a theory. probably, when the spiral was just created the pigs from Mooshu and Wysteria were together in one huge world called Piggy World. The pigs from Mooshu {were on the left side} always disagreed with the Wysteria pigs{on the right side}. Since they always disagreed with each other, the pigs wanted to split up. The pigs from the left side wanted to go to the world next to the huge world. which is Mooshu. {During this time Mooshu had only cows and goats roaming the world at the time.} so the pigs on the left side went to Mooshu. The pigs on the right side were happy that the pigs form the left side left. The pigs on the right side were fascinated with magic. So all the pigs on the right side to Wizard City and stayed there for a long time. The pigs on the left side were fascinated with the way of a ninja so all the pigs on the left side decided to split up and find teachers that would teach the pigs the way of the ninja. the pigs on the right side came back from their long stay in Wizard City and went back to Piggy World,which they later re named Wysteria. Wysteria had a lot of plants and weeds and flowers there so they decided to cut MOST of the plants weeds and flowers. after that they build buildings and shops like in Wizard City. After that they decided to make schools like the ones in Wizard City but with different classes. So the pigs went around the spiral to find teachers. after that, Wysteria challenged Wizard City to which world is better at dueling. the news spread around and soon or later, the selected from the selected worlds battled for the spiral cup. For the pigs in Mooshu, they miss used the way of the ninja and that's how they became bad. so this is my really long theory about the pigs. KanefireRider lvl. 42

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
kane fireblood on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
i always thought of that a lot. i have a theory. probably, when the spiral was just created the pigs from Mooshu and Wysteria were together in one huge world called Piggy World. The pigs from Mooshu {were on the left side} always disagreed with the Wysteria pigs{on the right side}. Since they always disagreed with each other, the pigs wanted to split up. The pigs from the left side wanted to go to the world next to the huge world. which is Mooshu. {During this time Mooshu had only cows and goats roaming the world at the time.} so the pigs on the left side went to Mooshu. The pigs on the right side were happy that the pigs form the left side left. The pigs on the right side were fascinated with magic. So all the pigs on the right side to Wizard City and stayed there for a long time. The pigs on the left side were fascinated with the way of a ninja so all the pigs on the left side decided to split up and find teachers that would teach the pigs the way of the ninja. the pigs on the right side came back from their long stay in Wizard City and went back to Piggy World,which they later re named Wysteria. Wysteria had a lot of plants and weeds and flowers there so they decided to cut MOST of the plants weeds and flowers. after that they build buildings and shops like in Wizard City. After that they decided to make schools like the ones in Wizard City but with different classes. So the pigs went around the spiral to find teachers. after that, Wysteria challenged Wizard City to which world is better at dueling. the news spread around and soon or later, the selected from the selected worlds battled for the spiral cup. For the pigs in Mooshu, they miss used the way of the ninja and that's how they became bad. so this is my really long theory about the pigs. KanefireRider lvl. 42
Thanks, I really like that theory. It ties in nicely with the already established lore of the game, and really isn't too hard to remember.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Okay, get this straight: there's no such thing as piggy world! The pigs are different species, the Ninja Pigs and the Wysteria Pigs.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Okay, get this straight: there's no such thing as piggy world! The pigs are different species, the Ninja Pigs and the Wysteria Pigs.
I suppose that that's the simplest explanation there is.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Is it a proven fact that there isn't ?

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
sorry for my wrong theory guys i guess Dragoncloud888 is right after all

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
kane fireblood on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
sorry for my wrong theory guys i guess Dragoncloud888 is right after all
Wait, is there proof in-game? If not, then I'm going with the piggy-world theory until someone proposes something even better.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i do not know, but i will search around Mooshu and Wysteria to see if their is proof. and i will no stop until i find an answer

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Sorry if I seemed rude with my earlier comment. Kane, I wish you good luck on finding the true origin of the pigs.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
What about the grizzleheim/wintertusk pigs? Splithoof barbarian, bristlehide raider, and so on?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
What about the grizzleheim/wintertusk pigs? Splithoof barbarian, bristlehide raider, and so on?
I'm pretty sure those are hogs.
But here's what I have to say: Do you know how pigs spread all across the regular world? Colonization and Immigration. Maybe some ninja pigs from Mooshu decided to move to Wysteria, where they lived a nice, quiet life. They no longer had any need for their strong, stocky figures, as they were living a pampered life. So they evolved into those tiny little pigs you see running around Wysteria.
As for the hogs in Grizzleheim, the pigs from Mooshu went there, also, and they had to evolve to get tougher, because it was hard to live with all those bears and wolves.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Sorry if I seemed rude with my earlier comment. Kane, I wish you good luck on finding the true origin of the pigs.
thats ok. my theory really did sound sort of silly.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
thats ok. my theory really did sound sort of silly and thanks

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
I'm pretty sure those are hogs.
But here's what I have to say: Do you know how pigs spread all across the regular world? Colonization and Immigration. Maybe some ninja pigs from Mooshu decided to move to Wysteria, where they lived a nice, quiet life. They no longer had any need for their strong, stocky figures, as they were living a pampered life. So they evolved into those tiny little pigs you see running around Wysteria.
As for the hogs in Grizzleheim, the pigs from Mooshu went there, also, and they had to evolve to get tougher, because it was hard to live with all those bears and wolves.
i have to agree with that theory. nice one.