Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good storm pet

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Until now, I haven't really put much thought into a pet but now that I have my stormzilla pet, I was wondering if I should train it or train the level 58 pet? Also, is there another dropped/rewarded pet that is better? I'm also planning on hatching to try and get good healing talents such as spritely, engergizing battery, and fairy but is there a way to see whether your newly hatched pet has a good talent before you train it? Finally, is there a strategy for making a great pet and is there a good pet for me to start with?
Thanks

Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
train the one with the highest pedigree because that highers the chance you will get good stats and people will want to hatch with your pet

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
glowstorm13 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Until now, I haven't really put much thought into a pet but now that I have my stormzilla pet, I was wondering if I should train it or train the level 58 pet? Also, is there another dropped/rewarded pet that is better? I'm also planning on hatching to try and get good healing talents such as spritely, engergizing battery, and fairy but is there a way to see whether your newly hatched pet has a good talent before you train it? Finally, is there a strategy for making a great pet and is there a good pet for me to start with?
Thanks

Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster
The level 58 Kraken is a better pet. My storm has a Frankinbunny, it gives 2 healing 2 pip cards and I have hatched in Spritely, Fairy Friend etc.. For regular questing it's handy to have an Enchanted Armor pet for the sharpened blades. I have done a lot of hatching trying to get healing and resist into pets.

Mary

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
glowstorm13 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Thanks

Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster
Thanks for the pet choice tips but I was also wondering if there is a strategy for a good/perfect pet. My main question was whether you had to go though the hassle of training your pet up to mega, just to see if it had the desired traits.
Thanks again
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
You don't get a level 58 pet. It goes from 48 to 68 to 78.

The Stormzilla is no good, in my opinion. I would wait until you were level 68, because all level 68 pets come with the Spritely talent to begin with. You could always Google your pet to see if it's got some good talents worth training. That's what I usually do.

Good luck.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
If you want, I have the level 98 Storm Levy, and he has some pretty good talents. Message if you would wanna hatch

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
the crown shop siren isn't bad if you get the good stats like the one i have it has:
storm damage
storm critical
may cast windstorm
and one of the lame stats

and its great for my storm which is level 56 with 100% damage

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Roslyn Gem on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:

The Stormzilla is no good, in my opinion. I would wait until you were level 68, because all level 68 pets come with the Spritely talent to begin with. You could always Google your pet to see if it's got some good talents worth training. That's what I usually do.

Good luck.
I beg to differ young wizard. The Kraken is a level 58 pet that you do battle in Wintertusk for.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Kraken

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Krakin%27_Eggs

There is no lvl 68 school pet offered.

Mary

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
glowstorm13 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the pet choice tips but I was also wondering if there is a strategy for a good/perfect pet. My main question was whether you had to go though the hassle of training your pet up to mega, just to see if it had the desired traits.
Thanks again
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster
Ideally you look for a pet with the talents you want - manifested ones usually have a better chance of passing to the egg. Odds are rough, parents have 20 talents, 10 mixed ones get passed to egg where 5 will be pre set at hatch to manifest.

You train the hatch to adult if you do not get a talent you want you start again. After you get the talent to pass though you can train further.

Getting a good/perfect pet can be a lot of epic fails but can be done with time.

Mary

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Roslyn Gem on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:

Good luck.
Um, there is a level 58 pet quest for all schools.

Explorer
May 29, 2014
TheXboxGuy on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
If you want, I have the level 98 Storm Levy, and he has some pretty good talents. Message if you would wanna hatch
I would o:

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
TheXboxGuy on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Which talents?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
glowstorm13 on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Which talents?
My Storm Levy isn't a first generation levy, so I am not positive on all of the traits that it has, however, I have a decent idea.
He is Epic, and has:
1.MC Fortify
2.MC Healing Current
3.MC Fairy
4.Spell Proof
5.TO BE DETERMINED
If that is a pet you would be interested in hatching with, gimmie a shout!
-TheXboxGuy

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I want spell proof, and healing current so I'm interested in hatching.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster