Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

if every school has a higher buff why not balance?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 05, 2012
hey guys i was thinking since balance has a low blade and one trap every school has higher blades and traps like this
Now spirit
but balance has 25% and not a second trap balance blade bladestorm hex and another trap i invented superhex
35 to next spell agree or disagree does it look like i care? i know robobot1747 is gonna post on here but you guys give me a name for the new hex trap

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Seems a bit silly. Most second traps have a special functionality that makes it notably different, such as Backdraft for X pips, Windstorm trapping everyone, and Feint's self-trap. The reason that Balance's blade is weaker is because it has greater utility. For example, Dream Shield puts a -70% Myth and Life shield on you for 0 pips, but Tower Shield puts a -50% universal shield on you for 0 pips. Tower Shield has greater utility because it can block anything, which is why it is in effect less powerful.
Back on topic...
I would not take issue with Balance getting another trap, but make it actually do something interesting, not just a trap virtually indistinguishable from Hex with a cheesy name.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance has 2 blades that when used together equal a 50% boost. Balance doesn't have higher blades because there is no Balance shield. Every other school has shields of 70, 75, 80, 85. Balance cannot be shielded the same way. Also with Sharpen and Potent it really makes no difference, we don't need more Balance blades/traps. This subject has been discussed to death. As Balance we don't need more boosts because we have a built in boost by not having any shield against us. That is Balance School's unique power and the reason it was created.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Seems a bit silly. Most second traps have a special functionality that makes it notably different, such as Backdraft for X pips, Windstorm trapping everyone, and Feint's self-trap. The reason that Balance's blade is weaker is because it has greater utility. For example, Dream Shield puts a -70% Myth and Life shield on you for 0 pips, but Tower Shield puts a -50% universal shield on you for 0 pips. Tower Shield has greater utility because it can block anything, which is why it is in effect less powerful.
Back on topic...
I would not take issue with Balance getting another trap, but make it actually do something interesting, not just a trap virtually indistinguishable from Hex with a cheesy name.
is 40 to next spell ok? i hope it isnt to powerful with judgement in pvp

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
seethe42 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Balance has 2 blades that when used together equal a 50% boost. Balance doesn't have higher blades because there is no Balance shield. Every other school has shields of 70, 75, 80, 85. Balance cannot be shielded the same way. Also with Sharpen and Potent it really makes no difference, we don't need more Balance blades/traps. This subject has been discussed to death. As Balance we don't need more boosts because we have a built in boost by not having any shield against us. That is Balance School's unique power and the reason it was created.
2 balance blades are 45 or are they

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
neonxgaming on May 10, 2014 wrote:
is 40 to next spell ok? i hope it isnt to powerful with judgement in pvp
Wow. You did not read my post at all.
Bladestorm + Balanceblade is a total of +50%. Blades do not add up, they multiply. 100% (normal damage)*1.2*1.25=1.5

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
seethe42 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
This and this again the next time a similar thread is made about Balance.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Blades pretty much stink for Balance. We get a super wimpy one without pips, but all other of our blades cost us 1 to 2 pips. Balance in the upper levels needs some serious adjustments, because it's getting tougher to fight just about anyone, especially Balance bosses.

There might not be a Balance-specific shield, but all the current shields used in the game can handicap a Balance wizard quite nicely. Balance does not have a "built in boost" in any way shape or form.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
neonxgaming on May 10, 2014 wrote:
2 balance blades are 45 or are they
A balanceblade and a bladestorm is 45, and two balance blades are 50. Both those numbers are more than every school.

As a balance myself I would like to point out balance is quite known for giving blades and group work, not blades to self. For example, if a life and a balance were fighting, and the life had a 40 blade, and the balance used blade storm, 40 plus twenty is 60.

Also, both of the main balance blades are for every school and will boost each spell. Someone above already mentioned this, but a 2 shield gives more because it is a specific school, but a universal shield does less but is for every school.

-Molly level 90 balance

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
As robobot said, its a utility. How I would say it. Every good thing has another bad thing upon it. But balance is an advance school. Yes, of course they don't get many attempts to attack because of how good their charms and traps and shields are. But think. Which would you prefer? Helping other people in battle? Or helping yourself?

Autumn Summerstone lvl 40

"The Mirror Will Break"
"The Horn Will Call"
" From The Shadows I Strike"
" And The Skies Will Fall"
*Who's Against Morganth'!*

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Molly the Balance ... on May 11, 2014 wrote:
A balanceblade and a bladestorm is 45, and two balance blades are 50. Both those numbers are more than every school.

As a balance myself I would like to point out balance is quite known for giving blades and group work, not blades to self. For example, if a life and a balance were fighting, and the life had a 40 blade, and the balance used blade storm, 40 plus twenty is 60.

Also, both of the main balance blades are for every school and will boost each spell. Someone above already mentioned this, but a 2 shield gives more because it is a specific school, but a universal shield does less but is for every school.

-Molly level 90 balance
Percentages don't "add up" molly it's exponential because we are dealing with percentages (which is why feint's 70% plus a potent's 80% wreaks so much havoc)

25% +20% = 50%

this is because 25% of 100% is 25
25 + 100 = 125
20% of 125 = 25
125 + 25 = 150

so you have a 50% boost more than you originally had.

-The RavenCatcher

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Matthew Raven 55 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
This and this again the next time a similar thread is made about Balance.
When the same question is asked repeatedly, the correct answer will never change. If you have nothing to add to a thread, don't post. My post explains the reason and answers the OP's question, your post adds nothing to the discussion.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Sokad on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Percentages don't "add up" molly it's exponential because we are dealing with percentages (which is why feint's 70% plus a potent's 80% wreaks so much havoc)

25% +20% = 50%

this is because 25% of 100% is 25
25 + 100 = 125
20% of 125 = 25
125 + 25 = 150

so you have a 50% boost more than you originally had.

-The RavenCatcher

Still, that's more than every school combined.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
When I say combined I meant two balanceblades together