Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why are we just nown as healers?????

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
why is life referd to this:

• " can you heal me?"
  • " how many heal spells do you now?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"
  • " life is only good for healing"
  • " dont atttack, just heal"
grrrr, it makes me have to cast billions of calm spells on myself to hear this that we only work for heal, i mean come on! i am proud of my school because it concentrates on healing and helping others, but why are we just that, to be honest if KI wants to make me stop wasting calm spells, make atleast the spells between lvl 95 and 115 for wiz moslty attack but good attack, not some low 800 ( corect me if i am wrong that this is a high attack for life) please! ( notice how in a while i change from mad to nice ) i mean come on! all my freinds think i am weak! well thank you for reading and paying attencion, have a nice day

-isaac goldheart lvl 23

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
lifedude2002 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:

• " can you heal me?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"
grrrr, it makes me have to cast billions of calm spells on myself to hear this that we only work for heal, i mean come on! i am proud of my school because it concentrates on healing and helping others, but why are we just that, to be honest if KI wants to make me stop wasting calm spells, make atleast the spells between lvl 95 and 115 for wiz moslty attack but good attack, not some low 800 ( corect me if i am wrong that this is a high attack for life) please! ( notice how in a while i change from mad to nice ) i mean come on! all my freinds think i am weak! well thank you for reading and paying attencion, have a nice day

-isaac goldheart lvl 23
This infuriates me to no end which is why I have friends requests turned off. Each wizard is given the ability to heal themselves...and should.

My Life wizards are strong and attack, they do not heal the masses.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
When you are is a school that others see as a support school, some will try to take advantage. For me, as a balance, its can you blade me? Constantly. Even from wizards who are 30 levels or more below me. The answer is simple. No, I'm sorry. or Sorry, not in hand. or I am out of those or just straight up No. It is`nice, and good teamwork, to support and aid when you can and when you wish to. But, if your enjoyment of the game is suffering then just say no. If they don't like it, who cares. Many of us will completely understand.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
RavenLady777 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
This infuriates me to no end which is why I have friends requests turned off. Each wizard is given the ability to heal themselves...and should.

My Life wizards are strong and attack, they do not heal the masses.
hooray! i am not the only one, my friend list or my supposed " friends list" is so cramed up with people that only need my help for dungeons. AND i am the first person they call if they want to do bane or pagoda, heres what they say:
  • lets do bane ( se how the please word is not here )
  • pagoda is ussles withought a life wiz ( they dont want to be my friends, they just want my cards )
  • ( this is the calm spell waster ) hey! you dont have to attack and wast pips, heal is the only thing you are good for!
( calm spells unleashed ) excuse me KI for the very impolite request but: make life wizards usefull please! moolinda is probably with me in this post

isaac goldheart lvl 23 mad wiz

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I am a level 81 theurgist and much more than a healer. I make sure that no one underestimates me. I am in a fight and they say, "don't attack, it won't help. Just heal us" and I say right back, "if you need healing I will, but don't you think I wont attack" Just ask my friends they think, "Uh oh, bad move. Grace will not be happy about that" Mark my words life wizards will beat you in pvp if you get cocky, we heal and do damage, big damage.

I was in a battle and had a few blades, one or two, and a trap. I used forest lord and bang 15,540 damage to every enemy. My friend Hunter said, "wow" and then to Valkoor who had said "don't attack them Grace" hunter said "lol I can't believe you called life weak"

This is the biggest mistake every non-life wizard makes. They underestimate life. We will never give in to "Just be the healer" Life wizards are far more powerful than you could imagine. Sure we have lots of heals, but we also have powerful attacks. I am also infuriated by "Just the healers" so I make sure everyone I come across sees how much damage I can do with Forest Lord, Gnomes, etc.

Grace DreamRider
Proud Theurgist

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The problem really is, Life, balance, and to a lesser extent, Death are all considered supporting schools.

Life will always be known as a Healing school. I won't take away from their damage potential, because they can be formidable, but the PUBLIC opinion is that Life heals. I just started a life mage and plan on making it a heck of a healer, but that's my CHOICE to do so. Keep in mind I plan on soloing as much as I can so that being said, I'm going to cater my healing spells to heal ME. One third of life's spells cater towards keeping people alive, so people just assume that it means "keeping me alive".

Balance will always be known as a Support school. Almost half of their spells support other players which is why people ask for blades. I am NOT saying that Balance is ONLY good for support, I'm saying the PUBLIC opinion is that Balance is only good for support

Death, to a lesser extent, is considered a support school. Death has Feint, Sacrifice, Curse, Plague, Dark Pact, Empower, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju, Mass Infection, Infection. I've had people ask me to use those spells when they joined my battles. "Well, you're death, you should always have them handy" is the mentality. No, I'm death and can support myself. If we're going to plan something ahead of time, i will change my tactics accordingly, but if you just jump in and expect me to have 6 Sacrifice spells ready, guess who's dying.

It's high time for everybody to stop pigeonholing schools. We've all heard people say how they use Storm to be a great healer, of life to effect massive damage or balance to be the king of soloists, etc. Stop thinking so one dimensionally people.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Wow everyone's attitude towards this post surprises me.

I love the life class, and had I known now what the life school was like I probably would made a life character as my main character, right now I have a level 17 life as my second character and I love being in a support role and just helping. I anticipate in higher levels I will keep multiple decks an attack deck and a healing deck.

My main character is a myth and anymore in the high level dungeons if there is no life I switch to high resist gear and a life amulet, tank, drop feints, and heal (using tcs, since I didn't learn any life spells) it works beautifully. I know what my role is and I feel much more useful than the attacker (whatever class) at the end hitting. I love the teamwork and when you get a good team together you can get through dungeons so fast. 2 nights ago I ran with a group myth (tanked and placed feints and healed, a death, helped blading, weaknesses, feints balance, blading, and a fire for hitting. As a team we finished Tartarus in under 30 mins (including Cronus). Most fights only went 4-6 rounds. I don't even think I had to heal most fights.

I rarely hit in a group. Sure when I'm soloing I have my normal gear with a 60-80 damage boost I can do some serious damage, I have even soloed some of the dungeons. I know life has strong spells and can be a damage school (I even saw one in Tartarus with a 105 damage boost...better than some of the storm players).

I like team work and roles on a team. I have no problem with a life being a hitter rather than the healer as long as everyone knows the plan. If a life is present though I assume they will heal the group simply because of the abundance of healing boosts available to them, that aren't available to everyone. Some schools myth, ice, and fire have no spells to heal themselves other than the fairy spell from the beginning and without a mastery amulet casting spells like saytr or rebirth is painful.

Calamity PixieShade, level 95

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I agree, since I'm from the Ice School, everyone is always asking me, "Can you Tower Shield me? I need a Tower Shield. I'll do the fighting, you do the defending. HALP! I NEED SHIELD." I think that Life is just known as healers because their deck is mainly healing, but that doesn't mean you can't fight. Sure you'll need to have a strategy and stuff because you aren't a pure critical super strong attacking Storm Student. So if you want to break away from the saying, "Life is just for healing." Then I suggest you get a pet with Dragon Blade, and learn some balance blades for life. Then next time someone says that, you can say, "Oh no, no need, I've got this." And defeat the monster with your super powerful spell! Tara PearlGem

Defender
Jan 03, 2013

• " can you heal me?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"

-isaac goldheart lvl 23
Lifes are meant to be healers... plain and simple. If they wanted to make it a class variety they would have said so. Life's best quality is to heal themselves or others. We actually dont have as much healing capabilities as you do. And trust me, I am death! Sorry to say and for others upset but knowing from gaming experience, this will NEVER change.

Dayerider ~
I agree with you Life comments.
Balance I am in the middle with.... Your actually half right. Balances are meant as a support system for other players who dont have certain things but they also are efficient to change between performing defensive strategies to becoming offensive in a very quick amount of time. So if the enemies start becoming a problem the Balance can step in to assist for a couple rounds and then head right back to helping with no problem.

Death however.... I kinda disagree with a couple things. We are not a "Support" school but more a..... uh.... ill put it as "In the middle" school, we were actually more meant to be offensive but we have a GREAT tendency to change to defensive in no time. We also can become defensive by attacking, since our drains become a basic means to survive and we tend to generally survive longer and become extremely useful in dangerous situations. And yes, I do believe it is stereotypical for people to say "Bring Jujus, Plagues, Feints, etc." since that is not all of our basic move set. Its rather insulting to be honest. Yes we do use them but we dont spam them unless we are in PvP. And I agree with you on heals for us hahahaha, people expect us to use Sacrifice like its our job but thats basically only useful to help yourself or 1 friend. Its a life's job to heal not ours.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I find my tactics as a balance wizard dramatically different in a group than playing solo. Solo, I deal massive damage, rarely do I attack a boss more than once, because the first attack defeats him. But to do that damage, I have to stack traps. In a group, I rarely get to use my own traps, because they affect and are used up by all school's attack spells. Thus in groups I generally don't worry much about doing damage, except for area spells aimed at minions. Things go faster if I just support the others with blades, heals, and traps.

I don't really mind the shift in tactics, what bugs me about group combat is it just takes so long. I get tired of participating in groups that take 2-3 times as long to defeat enemies as I would have taken me to defeat them fighting solo. There always seems to be someone who takes the full 30 seconds to choose (or fail to choose) a spell card, and then you have to sit through all the player's animations, etc.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm with RavenLady~ this stereotype drives me insane.

My life, balance, and death wizards are not healers; I do not carry heals for mob fights and, if we are in a dungeon, I do not play support to anyone unless that's what I and the group have agreed to.

Someone once told me that, as a balance (my first) wizard, my only purpose was to support others. So I went out of my way to prove them wrong; it's the same reason that my life wizard is no healer, and that anyone who thinks my storm wizard is only good for killing has never seen her tank.

All wizards can and should be able to heal themselves.

-von

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Master Tara PearlG... on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
I agree, since I'm from the Ice School, everyone is always asking me, "Can you Tower Shield me? I need a Tower Shield. I'll do the fighting, you do the defending. HALP! I NEED SHIELD." I think that Life is just known as healers because their deck is mainly healing, but that doesn't mean you can't fight. Sure you'll need to have a strategy and stuff because you aren't a pure critical super strong attacking Storm Student. So if you want to break away from the saying, "Life is just for healing." Then I suggest you get a pet with Dragon Blade, and learn some balance blades for life. Then next time someone says that, you can say, "Oh no, no need, I've got this." And defeat the monster with your super powerful spell! Tara PearlGem
yes, something else i wanted to point out, ice is sooooooooooooooooooooooo underestimated, these are the schools i think that are underestimated ( i wont mention life because of this enter topic so :P)

Ice: who say that ice is just defense? wait till you get a bunch of ice and see true ice power ( hey i am lvl 23 and by accident fought with a 95 ice and my fingers are still frozen form last time! ( imagination strikes again))

balance: five words: attack all at level sixteen ( i mean come on! )

moon: well to be honest it swaps out your health cards resistance and in some cases power pip critcal and piercing chance, like changing from one wizard to another

-kane
ok we are healers and the other post are right that we help, and its ok that you are in like a middle school, but dosent it infuriate you to hear over and over and over again that you have to SPAM ( notice caps ) all of those spells?

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
lifedude2002 on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
yes, something else i wanted to point out, ice is sooooooooooooooooooooooo underestimated, these are the schools i think that are underestimated ( i wont mention life because of this enter topic so :P)

Ice: who say that ice is just defense? wait till you get a bunch of ice and see true ice power ( hey i am lvl 23 and by accident fought with a 95 ice and my fingers are still frozen form last time! ( imagination strikes again))

balance: five words: attack all at level sixteen ( i mean come on! )

moon: well to be honest it swaps out your health cards resistance and in some cases power pip critcal and piercing chance, like changing from one wizard to another

-kane
ok we are healers and the other post are right that we help, and its ok that you are in like a middle school, but dosent it infuriate you to hear over and over and over again that you have to SPAM ( notice caps ) all of those spells?
Its a mind of approach. Do you want it to bother you? Or do you accept your own talents and skills and perform as how you see it? Take lessons from me grasshopper... people dont know what they are doing lol. I make my own movesets and tend to find a good match on all characters. I dont put in spells as much, let alone at all for some. I tend to change when its necessary for PvP and Questing or if a new spell is gained and I need room for it.

Philosophical ways can get you quite the success young wizard. ^v^

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
The reason you,myself,and so many others who play a life wizard are bombarded with requests for healing is because of the way mmorpg's have evolved. There are 4 basic classes that mmorpg participants adhere to,and they are:

1) Tank
2) DPS
3)Assist/Buffer
4) Healer

So when you are in a group,and you are the life wizard,you are by default the expected healer. If you do not wish to participate in traditional group structure,then simply tell a PUG<pick-up group> that you will not heal others,etc. By doing this before joining a group,you have averted a problem before it becomes on.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I find my tactics as a balance wizard dramatically different in a group than playing solo. Solo, I deal massive damage, rarely do I attack a boss more than once, because the first attack defeats him. But to do that damage, I have to stack traps. In a group, I rarely get to use my own traps, because they affect and are used up by all school's attack spells. Thus in groups I generally don't worry much about doing damage, except for area spells aimed at minions. Things go faster if I just support the others with blades, heals, and traps.

I don't really mind the shift in tactics, what bugs me about group combat is it just takes so long. I get tired of participating in groups that take 2-3 times as long to defeat enemies as I would have taken me to defeat them fighting solo. There always seems to be someone who takes the full 30 seconds to choose (or fail to choose) a spell card, and then you have to sit through all the player's animations, etc.
I agree 100%, I solo everything on my Balance but when in a group I find that me supporting a hitter just gets it done faster (especially storm or fire). I personally prefer 2 player fights for dungeons. I can support, tank, heal one hitter very easily and it doesn't take forever like 4 player.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
I know this has nothing to do with this but maybe it does anyways my question is why is life only heal until 58 without no aoe until 58 seriously they should give life a lvl 26 or 35 aoe something like that or at least change seraph to an aoe and weaken it something.. also its excruciating how people say your life you heal other no durr man... but what if your alone and your in celestia with a boss that has 4k-6k hp with minions and you have to super heal your self and shield to I think people who say seraph shouldn't be an aoe is scared of going against a lower lvl life in pvp even though I don't cause of false reports

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
I think it sucks that life doesn't get any super strong spells until halfway through the game, but then you guys kick major butt! Life are healers but after the level 58 spell, they're unstoppable really. With good gear and blades, life could do anything.
I think everyone's secondary school should be life, but only up until satyr. Satyr is only 4 pips so it's not too long of a wait, and then you barely need help from a life wizard. If everyone would just have their secondary school as life, I bet life wizard's wouldn't be stereotyped so badly. Plus life is a smart second school for any branch, especially storm or fire.
Katie Smith level 46

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
raysofoprah on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
I think it sucks that life doesn't get any super strong spells until halfway through the game, but then you guys kick major butt! Life are healers but after the level 58 spell, they're unstoppable really. With good gear and blades, life could do anything.
I think everyone's secondary school should be life, but only up until satyr. Satyr is only 4 pips so it's not too long of a wait, and then you barely need help from a life wizard. If everyone would just have their secondary school as life, I bet life wizard's wouldn't be stereotyped so badly. Plus life is a smart second school for any branch, especially storm or fire.
Katie Smith level 46
I totally agree life is indestructible at higher lvls but its just that life and myth are are always getting shot down with spells they need they are like 2 sides of a coin one sucks lvling alone at lower lvls and one is a little challenging at higher lvls I think they should give them what they deserve

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
wow allot of you guys are nice and with me and are telling me in agood way to accept my talents i... i didint know people thought we can really " kick major butt" thats a good thing and some one in the upper chat said that i should say that they shouldnt count on me for healing, thx guys! you made me be even prouder of my school
and made me take more control of things, thx!

isaac goldheart lvl 23

proud

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011

• " can you heal me?"
  • " do you have satyr?"
  • " i need heal!"
  • " heal heal heal!"

-isaac goldheart lvl 23
I'm always being asked to heal, but i never heal since ppl practically beg me. I only heal when i want to.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
KaneDeathBringer23... on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Lifes are meant to be healers... plain and simple. If they wanted to make it a class variety they would have said so. Life's best quality is to heal themselves or others. We actually dont have as much healing capabilities as you do. And trust me, I am death! Sorry to say and for others upset but knowing from gaming experience, this will NEVER change.

Dayerider ~
I agree with you Life comments.
Balance I am in the middle with.... Your actually half right. Balances are meant as a support system for other players who dont have certain things but they also are efficient to change between performing defensive strategies to becoming offensive in a very quick amount of time. So if the enemies start becoming a problem the Balance can step in to assist for a couple rounds and then head right back to helping with no problem.

Death however.... I kinda disagree with a couple things. We are not a "Support" school but more a..... uh.... ill put it as "In the middle" school, we were actually more meant to be offensive but we have a GREAT tendency to change to defensive in no time. We also can become defensive by attacking, since our drains become a basic means to survive and we tend to generally survive longer and become extremely useful in dangerous situations. And yes, I do believe it is stereotypical for people to say "Bring Jujus, Plagues, Feints, etc." since that is not all of our basic move set. Its rather insulting to be honest. Yes we do use them but we dont spam them unless we are in PvP. And I agree with you on heals for us hahahaha, people expect us to use Sacrifice like its our job but thats basically only useful to help yourself or 1 friend. Its a life's job to heal not ours.
While specializes in healing, it is in no way, 'all they do'. There is a balance, Theurgists must know when to attack and when to heal. Master that, and can do a lot of things.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Jennifer here, I'm a life, balance, ice, death, fire, and storm wizard, and I agree 100% with everything said on this topic. As my life I get called to heal the time and I'm sick and tired of it, don't get met wrong I don't mind helping out and healing once in a while. I think people need to start using their training points and getting life spells up to the saytor, so they can heal them self. people also need to buy a life mastery amulet and use gold to buy the other healing treasure cards. I feel the same way about balance and the blades,use points and get the blades. Use gold and buy balance blade treasure cards. As for the tower shield goes use training points on ice spells up to tower shield. Come on people use your god given brain and think. Death isn't a healer per say but they do have one heal card even if it does damage to yourself to heal. Back to balance people use gold and buy the shield treasure cards.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Lol, if people still claim that us life wizards are the amazing healing school they are wrong. ANY school can heal as good with the right gear and life mastery amulets and trained life as a secondary (or tc) EVERY school can heal better than a life wizard. But since everyone is so obsessed with dealing damage they forget that they can heal their self. Everyone has a heal spell, use it yourself.

Just to prove that life isn't just a school that heals, in my little questing group I am the strongest out of a Death and 2 fire wizards. I've dealt 26k damage at level 70 without any purpose to hit so much damage, just 10k was my aim... Life is more than healers, we are attackers too. Next time someone asks for a heal tell them that they should have kept a pixie in their deck instead of depending on you. When they say don't attack just heal you should go ahead and attack and prove you're stronger than them :P I say life is OP... (Except for their spell guardian spirit, that spell is now useless) Stronger than most schools.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Lol, if people still claim that us life wizards are the amazing healing school they are wrong. ANY school can heal as good with the right gear and life mastery amulets and trained life as a secondary (or tc) EVERY school can heal better than a life wizard. But since everyone is so obsessed with dealing damage they forget that they can heal their self. Everyone has a heal spell, use it yourself.

Just to prove that life isn't just a school that heals, in my little questing group I am the strongest out of a Death and 2 fire wizards. I've dealt 26k damage at level 70 without any purpose to hit so much damage, just 10k was my aim... Life is more than healers, we are attackers too. Next time someone asks for a heal tell them that they should have kept a pixie in their deck instead of depending on you. When they say don't attack just heal you should go ahead and attack and prove you're stronger than them :P I say life is OP... (Except for their spell guardian spirit, that spell is now useless) Stronger than most schools.
ok with this is OP fore some people, calling all life wizards, creating clan of life on april 34 of 2134 ( lol but there should be a clan of life)

isaac goldheart lvl 23

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:

I have to disagree with you. I have never seen a secondary school who can keep up with my heals. I have 147 outgoing heal combined with the right gear/pet. I'm sure a well-geared secondary school can do well, even attain "Elixir Vitae",but out-heal me? I will believe it,when i see it .