Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doppelgenger pvp, challenge yourself !!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

Did you ever wonder how you would compete against yourself?

How about making a PVP match that would make an exact copy of your character?

Picture this, As you enter the circle, you would see a copy manifest from your wizard, and go to the opposite side of the battle circle.
This "Doppelganger" would be a copy of all your stats,
including your pet, items treasure cards. etc..

The computer would fight to the best of the computers ability. This would be great and possibly teach you something about your wizard!

This match can be purely just a practice match, you would not lose any treasure cards.
I can sit here and name many possibilities, one where you can use treasure cards and earn prizes.

Please, everyone, give your input.

Thank You,

Mark Dragonleaf L73 Storm

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
You would almost always win because the AI is dumb as a brick. I have seen monsters cast a deathblade, death trap, and then... dark sprite.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
That actually sounds like an epic fight! Maybe it could be like a boss or something in the storyline. Maybe Morganthe (or a future villain) creates a version of you to fight. It's a really good idea!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
The programmers at Kingsisle would definitely have to write a more capable combat program for you duplicate so it would be a challenge. Not just an easy NPC fight like you would get if you fought a boss. I could see something like this if all the major and minor details were worked out.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Robobot1747 on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
You would almost always win because the AI is dumb as a brick. I have seen monsters cast a deathblade, death trap, and then... dark sprite.
Thank you for your reply,

However, Yes I am sure they programed the battles for the wizards advantage. This is a game for a majority of the players at a young age, with the lowest possibly 5 or 6.

If they were to make a challenge using a doppelganger, "an exact copy" for the sole purpose of a challenge. I am sure they would boost up the challenge. Do you really think the computer I fighting to the best of it's ability?
If you do, then my friend you are naïve when it comes to gaming. I have been playing video games since the first system came out. And from experience, if the programmer wanted the computer to fight smart, believe me it would!
AS far as the scenario you just mentioned, from what I have seen in the game, that is a standard algorithmic attack.
Also, Which world are you referring to in the game? because I don't see nay more "dark sprites" where I am in the game. I see storm lords, skeletal dragons, medusa's, Tritons, etc.
If there was a challenge like doppelganger PVP, I would think the AI would do much better for the challenge.

Regards,

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
rusher2828 on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
The programmers at Kingsisle would definitely have to write a more capable combat program for you duplicate so it would be a challenge. Not just an easy NPC fight like you would get if you fought a boss. I could see something like this if all the major and minor details were worked out.
Thank You for your reply,

I agree, it would be an undertaking of sorts. Otherwise it would not be a challenge as robobot1747 mentioned.
However, If available, I can see this being another great (stand alone) feature in the game.

As far as why would Kingsisle put time and effort into it. I would suggest charging crowns as in the tournaments.
But then that would not be fair to all that do not have access to crowns. Maybe they could also charge gold at a higher rate? IDK. I do know if this is accomplished successfully, it will be very popular.

Thank You,
Mark Dragonleaf L74 Storm

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The player should always win because he controls his gear and deck. If he knows his own gear and spells, he knows the enemy too. It would be an interesting teaching tool, but I don't really see the point in adding the feature. Most players would play it once or twice to beat themselves and move on. Once you beat yourself, you know how so there's really no reason to repeat it. All it would really do is test out different gear against itself.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
stormkraker on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for your reply,

However, Yes I am sure they programed the battles for the wizards advantage. This is a game for a majority of the players at a young age, with the lowest possibly 5 or 6.

If they were to make a challenge using a doppelganger, "an exact copy" for the sole purpose of a challenge. I am sure they would boost up the challenge. Do you really think the computer I fighting to the best of it's ability?
If you do, then my friend you are naïve when it comes to gaming. I have been playing video games since the first system came out. And from experience, if the programmer wanted the computer to fight smart, believe me it would!
AS far as the scenario you just mentioned, from what I have seen in the game, that is a standard algorithmic attack.
Also, Which world are you referring to in the game? because I don't see nay more "dark sprites" where I am in the game. I see storm lords, skeletal dragons, medusa's, Tritons, etc.
If there was a challenge like doppelganger PVP, I would think the AI would do much better for the challenge.

Regards,
I was referring to mooshu/marleybone. And yes, I do believe the computer is fighting to the best of its ability. Monsters never bladestack because tbey usually only have one type of blade and one type of trap. Perhaps I was too quick to judge, I wonder what the computer would do with a deck with lots of blades and traps.