Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Changes

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following changes have been made to spells
  • Insane Bolt has an insane new cinematic
  • Look for upgrades to the effects on the existing global spells
  • Legendary Treant spells are now more powerful
  • Cloaked spells that are Pierced should now show the correct damage text
  • Wildfire Treant Treasure Cards will now only steals positive charms from opponents
  • Backlash will no longer stack when players cast additional shadow forms while currently in shadow form
  • Cloaked shields were causing player health to appear differently that their actual health. Sometimes this resulted in a defeated player "popping" back up with some of their health left. Cloaked shields will no longer impact the display of a player's health in PvP

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Mar 08, 2013
I was just wondering when will we be able to know what changes are made to the existing global spells?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
David DeathFlame on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I was just wondering when will we be able to know what changes are made to the existing global spells?
Try them on test. It's only cosmetic. The spells do what they always have, but have new looks.
Sadly Power Play remains useless :(

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I was under the impression it was simply changes to the spell animation and nothing more. I at least noticed a difference in the appearance of the Storm global spell, but nothing different in terms of the spell description/effect.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I would say: whenever you cast it!

No real stat or description updates have been made to any of the Global spells, but just as Fire Elf got a new animation, you'll find your old Global spells have got a new look. It really caught me off guard.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
the new Global spells animation is lighter and classy, it's really nice but...
as we get another Global spell now for each school, it's too bad the old animation wasn't kept on old ones and the new animation only applied to new Global spells
because this way we would differenciate one form the other at a glance ;+)window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
I would like to know why all other spells seem to be getting stronger and your weakening balance spells. It seems to me that you all use balance school as a basis then you either water it down or you use the spell and increase the effects for other schools. Mana burn is the perfect example you take something that is unique to balance and then you throw it on lord of winter. There are others like efreet putting a -90 weakness on them when smokescreen would be better. Then you lower the accuracy of supernova or whatever it is to further make balance a useless school. Please reconsider your stance on balance as many people have those wizards thanks.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
shadowbalance36 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I would like to know why all other spells seem to be getting stronger and your weakening balance spells. It seems to me that you all use balance school as a basis then you either water it down or you use the spell and increase the effects for other schools. Mana burn is the perfect example you take something that is unique to balance and then you throw it on lord of winter. There are others like efreet putting a -90 weakness on them when smokescreen would be better. Then you lower the accuracy of supernova or whatever it is to further make balance a useless school. Please reconsider your stance on balance as many people have those wizards thanks.
Refer to numerous posts predating waterworks, story is all there dude. I am not sure the name "waterworks" was meant as a pun with its dual meaning blatantly inherent, but look back over those posts and ya gonna see why.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
The following changes have been made to spells
  • Insane Bolt has an insane new cinematic
  • Look for upgrades to the effects on the existing global spells
  • Legendary Treant spells are now more powerful
  • Cloaked spells that are Pierced should now show the correct damage text
  • Wildfire Treant Treasure Cards will now only steals positive charms from opponents
  • Backlash will no longer stack when players cast additional shadow forms while currently in shadow form
  • Cloaked shields were causing player health to appear differently that their actual health. Sometimes this resulted in a defeated player "popping" back up with some of their health left. Cloaked shields will no longer impact the display of a player's health in PvP
What do you have to do to get insane bolt

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
Please Professor Greyrose I need confirmation on this. The animation on Sabertooth spell HAS changed. The saber tooth tiger is no longer impressive. It now has a single animation of jumping on a rock, (not even showing its fangs like it used to) and jumping into the sky attacking the target. It used to have 2 animations; not showing the saber jump into the air, but jump and show the attack, and jump in the air and see the tiger attack from above. Now it has one and the tiger no longer shows its fangs, it just jumps on the rocks and does nothing. Please fix this.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
Explorer
May 08, 2014
Professor it would be nice if you folks can change some battle animations that onseure the view of the players... examples are 'Scarecrow' cut scene when consuming your buffs there is a stalk of wheat blocking the player and it makes not seeing critical or damage a bit lame. Or another would be Forest Lord, but a tree is blocking the player.

Not really a big deal but would be nice to retouch some of the animations, make battling more fun to do :)