Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening & Housing Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Gardening
  • Moon Flowers, which are a Rank 1 plant, will no longer attract Rank 2 pests
  • Blue Huckleberries, which are a Rank 1 plant, will no longer attract Rank 2 pests
  • Honey Bee Plants, which are a Rank 1 plant, will no longer attract Rank 2 pests
  • Angel Oak must be planted in Enchanted Soil
  • Melting Cheese Trees have begun to attract pests
  • Unfortunately, we have been unable to address the issue of rank 5 gardening spells not stacking. We'll continue to work on this and it will hopefully be addressed in an upcoming content update.

Housing
  • When in Decorating Mode, items of the same type will now stack in the item placement window
  • When in Decorating Mode, the name of the selected item is now displayed when you are placing or adjusting an item
  • Avalon housing items are now available as rewards from duels
  • More House names & phrases have been added to the Customizable Housing Signs
  • Medal Display, Medal Display Case and Commemorative Statue can no longer be sold at the Bazaar
  • Curved Vase Case & Vase Case are now properly labeled as Furniture not Decoration
  • Items picked up in the world can now be sold in the Bazaar

Castle Tours Updates
  • Houses must have at least 50 items inside and 50 items outside before they can be added to Castle Tours
  • Players will be prompted to confirm that their house actually contains a maze when adding a Maze themed Castle
  • Castle owners can now view the number of days left on the tour and the number of visitors to their home
  • Players who are banned will have their homes removed from Castle Tours

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Gardening
  • Moon Flowers, which are a Rank 1 plant, will no longer attract Rank 2 pests
  • Blue Huckleberries, which are a Rank 1 plant, will no longer attract Rank 2 pests
  • Honey Bee Plants, which are a Rank 1 plant, will no longer attract Rank 2 pests
  • Angel Oak must be planted in Enchanted Soil
  • Melting Cheese Trees have begun to attract pests
  • Unfortunately, we have been unable to address the issue of rank 5 gardening spells not stacking. We'll continue to work on this and it will hopefully be addressed in an upcoming content update.

Housing
  • When in Decorating Mode, items of the same type will now stack in the item placement window
  • When in Decorating Mode, the name of the selected item is now displayed when you are placing or adjusting an item
  • Avalon housing items are now available as rewards from duels
  • More House names & phrases have been added to the Customizable Housing Signs
  • Medal Display, Medal Display Case and Commemorative Statue can no longer be sold at the Bazaar
  • Curved Vase Case & Vase Case are now properly labeled as Furniture not Decoration
  • Items picked up in the world can now be sold in the Bazaar

Castle Tours Updates
  • Houses must have at least 50 items inside and 50 items outside before they can be added to Castle Tours
  • Players will be prompted to confirm that their house actually contains a maze when adding a Maze themed Castle
  • Castle owners can now view the number of days left on the tour and the number of visitors to their home
  • Players who are banned will have their homes removed from Castle Tours
That gardening update would have been handy when I had to plow under the Moon Flower that got those rank 2 pests. Thanks for correcting this!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Good updates on the castle tours. Is it possible also to put in an average rating of homes that the homeowners could see?

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Thank you for finally cracking down on the housing tours. I was so tired of going to houses that had absolutely nothing in them. Great job with all of the updates KI. You know how to keep the players coming back!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
When it comes to decorating a house, there was a special type of glitch I used to put things exactly where I wanted them. I'd take a small rug and rotate it around the base of an item, then rotate the rug somewhere else to put the item where I wanted it. Then I would double click move on that item to lock it in place. But now, this glitch doesn't work anymore. I know it's not exactly the most important feature in the game, but I know for a fact that many people use this glitch and would appreciate it greatly if you'd put it back!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I totally agree with Finn. I have no interest in knowing the number of people who have visited my Castles. I do have an interest in knowing what they thought about them. I think this is a feature that you good people at KingsIsle should consider. Thanks for all your efforts in improving this gamesite!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
I think it's good that they aren't showing people ratings.

I'm not trying to be rude or offend, but there are some people who would whine and cry if they see they don't have the rating they want. I've already seen people complain that they aren't on the "Top Rated" list, even when their house is empty. Giving people the option to see ratings would upset a lot of people who want great ratings, and it might produce even more "Please rate 4 stars" beggars in the commons. I've seen quite a bit of them already...now just imagine how bad they would get if they actually knew their current rating.

Showing ratings would just be a bad idea.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thank you for imposing minimum items to houses on the castle tour list.
It was confusing to explore highly ranked empty and sparse houses.

And is there any place on the message boards to view pictures of wizard's houses and areas? Some of the houses I've visited have been designed so fun and creatively; they're worth sharing with everyone to see.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I've been seeing a Treetop Getaway house lately. Is it a crafted house, or one from a gift card?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
jadaviafairy14 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
I think it's good that they aren't showing people ratings.

I'm not trying to be rude or offend, but there are some people who would whine and cry if they see they don't have the rating they want. I've already seen people complain that they aren't on the "Top Rated" list, even when their house is empty. Giving people the option to see ratings would upset a lot of people who want great ratings, and it might produce even more "Please rate 4 stars" beggars in the commons. I've seen quite a bit of them already...now just imagine how bad they would get if they actually knew their current rating.

Showing ratings would just be a bad idea.
Well, how people take the information is up to them. If they take it as another way to whine and cry, that is their choice and their life. Really, too bad for them. As for the beggars, I never pay attention to them anyway -- it is a waste of their life-energy and mine. "Ignore" is always a helpful button!

I myself just want to know what people thought of my houses. Why put houses on the tour if you don't ever know if people even enjoyed their visit? And most of us will never make it to the leader boards, so for most of us they are no help at all. But a simple "average rating" stat beside the house would be really welcome feedback for me, and not too difficult, since something like it must already exist for the leaderboards to function.
In PVP, we all get our rating, whether on the leaderboards or not. It should be easy to do that for our houses too. (Not that I want housing to be as competitive as PVP -- I just want the stats.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Question... for those with the smallest castle, there is only room for 50 items outside. Does that mean we have to have it maxed out before submitting?
"Houses must have at least 50 items inside and 50 items outside before they can be added to Castle Tours"

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Finnagain Windrider has a great suggestion!

Like many players who invest time designing houses, its good to know other player opinions, without having to appear on a list with other houses. For some, its not about competition at all; but the love of creativity and being able to share who everyone who appreciations and welcomes this.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
dogmom55 on May 3, 2014 wrote:
I've been seeing a Treetop Getaway house lately. Is it a crafted house, or one from a gift card?
its crafted from avlon

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Thank you, Cookiebear333. Where in Avalon can you get buy the crafting spell for it?

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Once again I echo Finn's sentiments. People are already whining. People are already begging. What's a few more? In my opinion the Castle Tour feature, as currently configured, is useless and a waste of time. The only way to have any idea what people think of our Castles is to be on the Leaderboards, and that's pretty much a non-starter unless KI decides to reset the Leaderboards and begin anew, as they probably should. In any event I'm taking my Castles off the tour and not touring any more Castles. Total waste of time.