Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
New spells are coming to wizard101, and eventually, the pip cost will be too many. They should introduce mega pips, 3 pips similar to the way power pips are 2 pips. This should be to enable us to use possible future rank 15 spells, as well as get to other spells faster as we're needing them more. I have two ideas for how you could get mega pips.

1:if you have a power pip chance of 110, your mega pip chance would be 10% or

2: Mega pips would have their own slot. They would let you gain mega pip percentage as you level up like they did with power pips, and release clothing with mega pips, as well as release wands with +1 mega pip.

Also, Mega pips are a priority to power pips like power pips are to regular pips, like if you have a 100% chance of power pip but 90% of mega pip, there would be a 90% chance you would gain a mega pip during each round instead.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Maybe, or they could add another row.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 36 Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
I seriously had the same idea.

Do mega-pips

Alex Silverstone, level 55

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
I like the idea of mega pips, but I think they could be a bit overpowered, people could spam low level spells constantly, and would ultimately cause yet another problem in PVP, as well as making boss fights all the more harder (imagine a boss starting off with 7 mega pips). I think a way to improve this idea would be to have mega pips operate in a similar way to shadow pips, which can occur at random times, I also think the same system should operate for bosses, and perhaps giving mega pips another line. I really do like the idea of mega pips, but I saw some flaws in your case I thought I could help fix.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
For the bosses, they would just not have mega pips or start off with not too many mega pips ( for now) or they could just make the boss easier in another way. Maybe give them a bad mega pip chance and have them start with power pips. I think if kingsisle would make mega pips, they would think of something for that. and for pvp, by the time we have mega pips, I think we could survive a few low rank spells enough to really hurt the enemy with a high rank spell. and with the shadow pip thing, I don't know if they could fit another pip into the circle you battle in. either way, we're starting to need new pip ideas. thanks for your suggestions though

Kyle Seahunter Level 78 diviner

Historian
May 15, 2009
unfortunately xenbay we will always have those people complain about pvp being unfair because they got saddled up against a max level character, it's just something they will have to learn to deal with. either that or KI makes a new PvP mode for people only with a certain level and higher so that there is no room for people to complain about having unfair matchups because everyone will have the same thing going for them.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
xenbay on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of mega pips, but I think they could be a bit overpowered, people could spam low level spells constantly, and would ultimately cause yet another problem in PVP, as well as making boss fights all the more harder (imagine a boss starting off with 7 mega pips). I think a way to improve this idea would be to have mega pips operate in a similar way to shadow pips, which can occur at random times, I also think the same system should operate for bosses, and perhaps giving mega pips another line. I really do like the idea of mega pips, but I saw some flaws in your case I thought I could help fix.
It could also be that you could only use mega pips in certain worlds or against certain bosses, or in PvP it would only be allowed against players of a certain rank.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Well, I do not like the idea of using it on certain bosses. I wanted them to be used just as freely as power pips ( except a much higher level requirement) The reason I wanted them was because of higher rank spells that I would like to use all the time. I hope Kingsisle releases something like these eventually.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Just thinking, the next 11 pip spells would require you to wait 6 turns ( starting from no pips) at the least!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
If they do introduce this, why not make the mega pip chance 1/5 of the power pip chance? That seems reasonable. Do like the idea though. They should probably put a minimum lvl requirement on it too. Maybe around 60 or so?

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Yeah, of course, they would have a minimum level requirement.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
ellhae31 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
It could also be that you could only use mega pips in certain worlds or against certain bosses, or in PvP it would only be allowed against players of a certain rank.
Mega pips are a awesome idea. spells that are the rank 10 are lots of pips and not being used much by level 88+ wizards as much as the 9 pip ones. If you think mega pips should be used on certain bosses then imagine if you had an awesome spell you always wanted to use that is 15 pips or more, you could only use it at certain times.

Brian Shadowtail

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
another thing is that what color are the mega pips going to be? if you do not know what I mean here is an example: the color of regular pips are white. the color of power pips are yellow. maybe mega pips could be green or red or orange or something like that

Brian Shadowtail level 77

Matthew Bearrunner level 75

Nathan Starblood level 28

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Brian ShadowTail on May 27, 2014 wrote:
another thing is that what color are the mega pips going to be? if you do not know what I mean here is an example: the color of regular pips are white. the color of power pips are yellow. maybe mega pips could be green or red or orange or something like that

Brian Shadowtail level 77

Matthew Bearrunner level 75

Nathan Starblood level 28
Red or Orange seems like a good idea