Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Osseus nightreaver

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
So I am lvl 62 and still can't kill osseus for my skeletal dragon spell. I havent tried since I was like lvl 58ishor what ever but I ran out of cards while fighting him! I know the answer to that is get some reshuffle tcs or get the card but really I got him to like 500 health and I fled because I couldn't do it, all my tcs that I bright out needed like 4,5,6,7, or even 8 pips and I couldn't kill him.

Is this because I am bad at the game or because I need to get some cards that will affect the out come? If any death wizards can help me please give me a tip, I am like dieting on some battles cause my strongest spell is wraith (and scare crow). I got my scarecrow pet a while ago and it was nice to get the pet but I really need to get a stronger spell. It's really hard to do celestia with wraith and scarecrow... I feel that I am just plain bad at the game because I am lvl 62 death and can't kill him... So please if someone can give me a tip on how to kill him that would be awesome.

P.s. I don't have crowns so I never used a henchman.
Please if you don't have any tips on how to kill him do not just post a reply that says,"I agree he is to hard blah blah blah blah." It is not help at all. Thanks

Haley moonshard lvl 62

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
...I feel terribly sorry for death wizards. Your going to have to face yet another death boss when you get your level 68 spell. (he was actually quite easy for me) So, yeah, for my level 58 spell, I had to defeat Grisletusk. We're in the exact situation here... He was my school, and he had the same cheat.

Here are my tips for defeating him:
  • Even though he has that whole "don't cast a charm or ward or else" cheat, forget that, your casting a charm and ward. The first thing you want to do is to cast a prism, do not discard any.
  • Go and grab your death shield (it's free for your school) from Sabrina Greenstar, in the fairgrounds, if you haven't already.
  • Make sure your using a death deck, this way you'll be able to pack in more shields/prisms, as well as feint and attacks.
  • Get a reshuffle card, train it or buy it or get a card version.
  • Make sure you go for a critical/block for death.
  • Take down the minion first, this is very important, this way you can have a fair battle with the boss.
  • Be slow and steady, you can take the time to cast healing spells, and shields and prepare your attacks, he's not going anywhere...

I hope you can defeat him, good luck! :)

~ Vanessa

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Haley moonshard on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
So I am lvl 62 and still can't kill osseus for my skeletal dragon spell. I havent tried since I was like lvl 58ishor what ever but I ran out of cards while fighting him! I know the answer to that is get some reshuffle tcs or get the card but really I got him to like 500 health and I fled because I couldn't do it, all my tcs that I bright out needed like 4,5,6,7, or even 8 pips and I couldn't kill him.

Is this because I am bad at the game or because I need to get some cards that will affect the out come? If any death wizards can help me please give me a tip, I am like dieting on some battles cause my strongest spell is wraith (and scare crow). I got my scarecrow pet a while ago and it was nice to get the pet but I really need to get a stronger spell. It's really hard to do celestia with wraith and scarecrow... I feel that I am just plain bad at the game because I am lvl 62 death and can't kill him... So please if someone can give me a tip on how to kill him that would be awesome.

P.s. I don't have crowns so I never used a henchman.
Please if you don't have any tips on how to kill him do not just post a reply that says,"I agree he is to hard blah blah blah blah." It is not help at all. Thanks

Haley moonshard lvl 62
Here is somewhat of a guide on how to get the upper hand on that fight. Altho I have never followed the ideas to the letter I usually can get an idea of how the fight should go and customize it to work for me.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?135638-Quick-Guide-to-Osseus-NightReaver

I must add young wizard, this spell will not be your save all as it does not return health back to you, sure it's fun to watch but it pretty much stops at that. If you currently are using Wraith and Scarecrow you are using the best spells for survival. Death is considered the "Trap Happy" school for a reason, blade and trap up and cast a life stealing spell. Using Ghoul, then Vampire to Wraith and ScareCrow are the best assets you have to get by. Gear and spell set up become important here also. If you don't have Waterworks or the crafted Wintertusk gear the level 58 gear is your best bet. You must par you deck down to the most useful spells so you aren't waiting or discarding to much wasting rounds while the monsters attack.

I am not saying do not bother with the spell though because you must or you won't be offered the useful spells later on - Frankie.

Mary

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
use a minion its the only reason i have the spell and use prisms then wraith