Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snowpile preventing clicking on a plant.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2013
Hi,

I had a snowpile down in my house and it let me put down soil and put a seed in it. However, now i can't click on the plant OR the snow pile even through the Attic > House window or the pick up all items option. Now I have a dead plant/snow pile that I can't remove from the middle of my house. Is there any way to get this removed?

Cristo

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have a couple of ideas.

One is to open up your attic and select the snow pile, and click to add it to your backpack. That approach sometimes works for recovering hard-to-reach items. If you have more than one snow pile, however, this is pretty risky. You could end up removing a lot of housing items before you select the right one.

Second idea involves some shopping. Here's a step-by-step.
  • Buy two standard, tiny rugs (e.g., Tatami Mat, Small Blue Trim Rug, Small Purple Rug, Krokotopian Woven Rug).
  • Go to your house.
  • Place the two rugs on the ground, overlapping with one another.
  • Click one of the rugs. (Try moving it. See how the rugs move with one another?)
  • Slide one rug so that the other UN-selected rug rests beneath the corner of your snow pile. (Be careful not to get too close, or both rugs will become "stuck" to the snow pile!)
  • Click the rug that you have moved underneath the snow pile, and it drag away.
This action should remove both rugs and the offending snow pile.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the suggestions, but alas, nothing worked.

If I use the attic it just puts it back when I reload and won't let me plow the dirt pile underneath.

I tried the rug trick as well. I could get the rugs I kept getting stuck up but the snow pile would not move.

Are there perhaps spells that will plow all indoor plants that might bypass the fact it is stuck under a snow pile?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
CristoIce on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks so much for the suggestions, but alas, nothing worked.

If I use the attic it just puts it back when I reload and won't let me plow the dirt pile underneath.

I tried the rug trick as well. I could get the rugs I kept getting stuck up but the snow pile would not move.

Are there perhaps spells that will plow all indoor plants that might bypass the fact it is stuck under a snow pile?
I'm not giving up on this yet. Is any part of the dead plant or dirt pile visible? If so, I have another idea.

Go to Bazaar, buy a lightpost or a flag, something tall and thin. Take this item to your house and place it nearby the snowpile. The objective is to artificially "zoom in" so that you have more focus on the spot you want to affect with a gardening spell.

When your character stands close to this item, try turning back and forth. See how the camera jumps up close when it crosses the object? Stop turning when your camera zooms, open up your gardening menu, and see if that will work.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2013
It is right next to the wall so I was able to zoom in with the wall. I can fully see the dead plant and soil pile but I never get a green check mark just a red X. It acts like it doesn't exist except when I use mass spells then those target it.

The other weird part is if I use the attic to pick up the snowpile it just disappears until I reload my door room it doesn't actually go into my pack.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
if you use an area of effect gardening spell the plant should be affected as far as targetting glitches go sometimes i noticed with that glitch when you first click on something and hold in the mouse button then drag it back onto the target it will finally check mark green or let you sellect things you otherwise couldnt normally do cause of invisible barriers hitting the camera or something like that.Play around with it try clicking but holding in the first click and reaim while holding it in and see if it changes anything.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
you could also try getting a rug close enough to the snow pile and spinning it till the snowpile reacts i think the snow piles count as a weird sort of rug in the database so maybe you can get it to glitch so you can place it somewhere else and remove it after.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
Pretty much had the same thing happen to me :( King Isle removed the dead plant for me after I contacted them. It is a gardening glitch (error) that I try to stay well away from. Good Luck