Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispels, cloaks and bad jujus spam

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
Tired of seeing endless matches with people spamming so many dispels, cloacked dispels and bad jujus that makes endless boring battles because this cards multiply after reshuffles.

This is a battle that ends the one with more reshuffles in deck. So I say if they changed the reshuffle to not to be infinite, they should stop cloak for multiplying the cards.

Getting in a battle where you get all type of dispels and bad juju on you is something you cant do anything about it. I think if we get a spell we need to have one to defend from it. If you not storm you dont have enough cleanse charms to get rid of all charms you have on you so it is UNFAIR that this is being getting so popular in arena.

Every day there is a few of these matches going on, and I feel sad for seeing that there is no strategy, no more pvp like before, we don't play our schools or our cards anymore, we go to annoy the opponent and to make them flee.

Please we need to stop this, and dont copy those that do only dispels or minus or plagues or jujus because is no the way that we like to do pvp.

thanks

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
There is nothing wrong with it. If you spam it, then you are wasting pips casting them while your opponent just wands them off and gaining more pips. Spamming strategies never work in the long run. It might work on a few people, but not against warlords that actually know how to play. I have never seen this strategy in action before, so I know it isn't very effective. Learning how to work around all different types of strategies makes you a good honest warlord.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Thesist on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Tired of seeing endless matches with people spamming so many dispels, cloacked dispels and bad jujus that makes endless boring battles because this cards multiply after reshuffles.

This is a battle that ends the one with more reshuffles in deck. So I say if they changed the reshuffle to not to be infinite, they should stop cloak for multiplying the cards.

Getting in a battle where you get all type of dispels and bad juju on you is something you cant do anything about it. I think if we get a spell we need to have one to defend from it. If you not storm you dont have enough cleanse charms to get rid of all charms you have on you so it is UNFAIR that this is being getting so popular in arena.

Every day there is a few of these matches going on, and I feel sad for seeing that there is no strategy, no more pvp like before, we don't play our schools or our cards anymore, we go to annoy the opponent and to make them flee.

Please we need to stop this, and dont copy those that do only dispels or minus or plagues or jujus because is no the way that we like to do pvp.

thanks
to counter this use death dispel spam that make them leave. I for one would like to see a no gear no mastery no pet no tc pvp thats FREE with sub i would play it. the free stuff needs to be timed and judged too if its not over in 10 turns then it goes to diago's ruling most damage done even if it was healed wins. juju is a hit on self so that counts as damage :D it's a pain when you have someone with 40 to all and 100% to death and they just spam immune juju's on you 30-40 at a time cant beat that, needs to be a mass remove pet may cast or something for self or team to counter this tatic.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
This is easy to counter. For one, reshuffle is no longer an unlimited usage. Dispels and weaknesses are easy to deal with as well, carry around some Cleanse Charm tc, it will help out a lot if you somehow end up in this kind of situation. If you don't carry around Cleanses, then have wands for the weaknesses and for dispels use a low ranking spell for the class they dispelled you in. Spamming these things never work out in the end like someone recently said.

If you still seem to have problems with this, just practice pvp with someone you know and ask them to spam dispels and weaknesses until you learn to work around it.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
MythOfLegends on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
This is easy to counter. For one, reshuffle is no longer an unlimited usage. Dispels and weaknesses are easy to deal with as well, carry around some Cleanse Charm tc, it will help out a lot if you somehow end up in this kind of situation. If you don't carry around Cleanses, then have wands for the weaknesses and for dispels use a low ranking spell for the class they dispelled you in. Spamming these things never work out in the end like someone recently said.

If you still seem to have problems with this, just practice pvp with someone you know and ask them to spam dispels and weaknesses until you learn to work around it.
As you say you never seen this type of technique, because I have seen it and it leaves you defendless no matter how big is your rank.

In a 2v2, two death wizards spamming bad jujus to the attacker of the other team, it is two bad jujus per round, they cloak it so they get multiplied every reshuffle, with max cloaks max jujus you make the figures.

2 x 6 x 6 = 72 bad jujus per reshufle x 6 per cloak, you count how many are they after 4 reshuffles.

We have 6 wands, maybe one or two more small attacks and even if we have side deck full of cleanse charms, there is no way in the world that we can remove all that, cloaked jujus, together with balance and death dispels.
I have seen attacking with frog to remove the -90% weakness every round because there was no other way to do it.
That match lasted for 4 hours.
If this gets too popular and all of us start doing it, it will be the end of PvP for sure.

spamming dispels is getting very popular now in team pvp which is a lost of technique and lost of good pvping.
KI needs to do something about this.