Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hard mode and easy mode buttons

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
How about putting a hard mode button in the game so people who like the hardness can keep the hardness? A lot of game like Rune Factory 3 and 4 you could enter hard, normal, or easy any time you like in the game. In Kid Icarus Uprising there is a hardness meter where you can choose how hard or how easy you would like the level to be and if you die in a harder mode it will back you back a hardness to make it easier.
I think this game should have a hard and easy button where hard could be harder bosses and things but more rewards. Easy mode could be easier bosses and things but less rewards. So it will be a double sword for both! When you first chose hard mode, your teacher will come and say "young wizard are you sure you want to enter hard." If you are having a hard time in hard mode, your teacher will come and say "young one it seem in are having a hard time in hard mode, will you like to take a break in easy mode." If you are having a easy time in easy mode, your teacher will come and say "young one, you are seem to have a easy time, will you like to go into hard mode for a challenge". Each time you leave hard mode and go into easy but then you think easy is a bit too easy, you want to go back to hard mode, you have to pay with in - game money and each time you leave and come back the money you have to get back will increases. I believe the two modes will help the company keep regular gamers and family who do that game because it is fun. It will keep hardcore gamers and people who like a challenge because they could choose hard mode. It will also keep people from yell at people who make the game harder or easier.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
The problem with that is even really bad players can get into dungeons with you and mess up all the work and stats. You have gone out of your way to get the best of the best. Although the game may be difficult sometimes its fun to accept a challenge.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I like this idea. The game is far too easy. The newest world Khrysalis is WAY too easy. The regular minions/monsters/mobs are a complete joke. Questing has now lost its fun in this game from all the crying and complaining about it was too hard. Go farm the waterworks. Most likely why they made it, so EVERYONE could get decent gear so they COULD quest and fight monsters that didn't just cast trolls and evil snowmen at you.

I mean even with waterworks gear you didn't even need prisms for the mobs of your own school for crying out loud.

Not all of us want to just stand around and chat and be happy we are max level.

Historian
May 06, 2009
God life wizard on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
How about putting a hard mode button in the game so people who like the hardness can keep the hardness? A lot of game like Rune Factory 3 and 4 you could enter hard, normal, or easy any time you like in the game. In Kid Icarus Uprising there is a hardness meter where you can choose how hard or how easy you would like the level to be and if you die in a harder mode it will back you back a hardness to make it easier.
I think this game should have a hard and easy button where hard could be harder bosses and things but more rewards. Easy mode could be easier bosses and things but less rewards. So it will be a double sword for both! When you first chose hard mode, your teacher will come and say "young wizard are you sure you want to enter hard." If you are having a hard time in hard mode, your teacher will come and say "young one it seem in are having a hard time in hard mode, will you like to take a break in easy mode." If you are having a easy time in easy mode, your teacher will come and say "young one, you are seem to have a easy time, will you like to go into hard mode for a challenge". Each time you leave hard mode and go into easy but then you think easy is a bit too easy, you want to go back to hard mode, you have to pay with in - game money and each time you leave and come back the money you have to get back will increases. I believe the two modes will help the company keep regular gamers and family who do that game because it is fun. It will keep hardcore gamers and people who like a challenge because they could choose hard mode. It will also keep people from yell at people who make the game harder or easier.
Let me ask you this though, how exactly are Hardcore and Casual gamers supposed to co-exist in the game? Say I'm playing on easy mode, then someone with a hard setting on joins my battle. How exactly is that suppose to work? Because if it were in a way where the person who starts the battle decides the difficulty setting, then someone on either side of the difficulty fence won't like the challenge. It's too easy or it's too hard. Then you constantly have to watch out for what battles you join. If it were in a way were Realms dictate difficulty, that also won't work, because Realms constantly vary every day. I've left off in Perfect once, and ended up ina Crowded Realm. It just wouldn't work to.

I personally disagree with an easy or hard settings for the game. I see it as splitting the two sides of people apart and never making contact in game. Is that really fair? In a family setting, you could have a parent who prefers a gradual difficulty rise, but teenagers who want all the challenge. So when they enter the game, the teens on this side of the game and the parents on the other and making no interaction what so ever because the difficulty they desire can not exist in the same battle and questing field. Two friends could like two completely different difficult styles and never quest together because this mode system won't allow it. Is that what you're supporting? I really don't like that one bit.

I don't see how this system is suppose to work and still keep the idea of having a family stick together and meeting new people. I willing to bet not all Hardcore players are challenge-craving, self-center players who could care less about the guy struggling from the hard challenge they love and not all Casual players are whiners who complain about everything being too hard. It's this split in ideals that I cringe at a lot. All I see out of this system is making the game split into two groups that will never make contact or quest together outside of the Hubs of worlds, and even now that's getting tricky what with bosses in Hubs now.

I think that the game has come to a point where some players may need to realize that Wizard101 may not be the game for you. I don't understand why players strive so hard to make this game like able by every newcomer, because frankly, not every will like this game. It can be from story, the color, style, target group, or (ding-ding) difficulty. KI can try to cater to as many players as they can over the years, but I don't feel they can get to the difficulty Hardcore players want fast enough to please them. I think players on both sides of the fence need to consider if this game really is for them. And some might find, it really just isn't.

Historian
May 06, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
I like this idea. The game is far too easy. The newest world Khrysalis is WAY too easy. The regular minions/monsters/mobs are a complete joke. Questing has now lost its fun in this game from all the crying and complaining about it was too hard. Go farm the waterworks. Most likely why they made it, so EVERYONE could get decent gear so they COULD quest and fight monsters that didn't just cast trolls and evil snowmen at you.

I mean even with waterworks gear you didn't even need prisms for the mobs of your own school for crying out loud.

Not all of us want to just stand around and chat and be happy we are max level.
Maybe you weren't around when people were bitting heads off when Azteca was coming out, but I was and it was completely ridiculous. The game should not have gotten to that point, in my opinion. Maybe you do see Khrysalis as a complete dissapointment. The 3v1's and the 4v1's are just cake walks. But I find soloing this world a real breather.

Waterworks gear was becoming obsolete at this rate. I don't even use it any more and the power that it provides, in my opinion, still can fend off same-school resist.

"The newest world Khrysalis is WAY too easy. The regular minions/monsters/mobs are a complete joke. Questing has now lost its fun in this game from all the crying and complaining about it was too hard. Go farm the waterworks. Most likely why they made it, so EVERYONE could get decent gear so they COULD quest and fight monsters that didn't just cast trolls and evil snowmen at you."
You sound like a person who doesn't really care about those who struggle, or as long you can get your challenge and is of the few who could survive, then forget about everyone else. My apologize if I'm assuming on what you look to out of the game. This is what understanding from your post. I, personally, think everyone should be able to play the game and have fun, especially in the main arc. Don't forget we have a Part 2 to Khrysalis and it could be much harder than what you're doing now. That is what I expect.

If a large slum of people in the game can't make it to the finish line of the game, then answer me, what do you expect KI to do. Cast those concerns aside and keeping going like it's nothing? Leave everyone behind and only look at those who make it. That makes sense.

I don't mean to sound rude or mean and I'm sorry if I do and are overlooking things in it's context. I'm aslo sorry if I'm over assuming on your opinion. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I understand this is an MMO with tons of players playing and a wide spectrum of ideals on what 'fun' is. I care for those who can't make it and with a came stating it's for the family and kids, I expect it to make sure that group is catered to still have a blast playing. I think everyone who comes into the game should be able to make it to the end and I'd love for siblings and parents to playing together, but it's like this game is loosing sight of that. I think Khrysalis is fine as it is. I'm sorry if you see it as a disappointment.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Let me ask you this though, how exactly are Hardcore and Casual gamers supposed to co-exist in the game? Say I'm playing on easy mode, then someone with a hard setting on joins my battle. How exactly is that suppose to work? Because if it were in a way where the person who starts the battle decides the difficulty setting, then someone on either side of the difficulty fence won't like the challenge. It's too easy or it's too hard. Then you constantly have to watch out for what battles you join. If it were in a way were Realms dictate difficulty, that also won't work, because Realms constantly vary every day. I've left off in Perfect once, and ended up ina Crowded Realm. It just wouldn't work to.

I personally disagree with an easy or hard settings for the game. I see it as splitting the two sides of people apart and never making contact in game. Is that really fair? In a family setting, you could have a parent who prefers a gradual difficulty rise, but teenagers who want all the challenge. So when they enter the game, the teens on this side of the game and the parents on the other and making no interaction what so ever because the difficulty they desire can not exist in the same battle and questing field. Two friends could like two completely different difficult styles and never quest together because this mode system won't allow it. Is that what you're supporting? I really don't like that one bit.

I don't see how this system is suppose to work and still keep the idea of having a family stick together and meeting new people. I willing to bet not all Hardcore players are challenge-craving, self-center players who could care less about the guy struggling from the hard challenge they love and not all Casual players are whiners who complain about everything being too hard. It's this split in ideals that I cringe at a lot. All I see out of this system is making the game split into two groups that will never make contact or quest together outside of the Hubs of worlds, and even now that's getting tricky what with bosses in Hubs now.

I think that the game has come to a point where some players may need to realize that Wizard101 may not be the game for you. I don't understand why players strive so hard to make this game like able by every newcomer, because frankly, not every will like this game. It can be from story, the color, style, target group, or (ding-ding) difficulty. KI can try to cater to as many players as they can over the years, but I don't feel they can get to the difficulty Hardcore players want fast enough to please them. I think players on both sides of the fence need to consider if this game really is for them. And some might find, it really just isn't.
First I been playing mouse games since I was 3 years old!!!! I am in my teens almost a adult. I enjoy the game before that update happened making it easier. I have gotten to the second to last world of the 2nd arc when the update to make the mobs and bosses easier which made me mad because it was not that hard. I have start the game at 2010 where I battle mobs in non - membership areas. I got the undead badges all of them before I finally in 2012 I got membership. My boyfriend who play the game before he was my boyfriend but now he does not play. Second, Hardcore and Casual players could co-exist in some games. Have you heard of Pokémon? There are players who did it for fun and players who are completive. Even try to catch a Pokémon who going around the world for five to 20 hours and Pokémon who will not stay in the ball in throw at them (both are not that fun). Third, I was hoping before the update to try to get my boyfriend back in so that we will have something to play together when we are both in different place. As for the hard mode and easy mode thing, they would have to say something like this "Hey, could I join your battle?" and the person who in the battle are in hard mode and the person who ask to join the battle is in easy mode. My first idea would be maybe they do not see each other in there are in different mode. My second idea would be the player who try to enter the battle is move off in the battle of their own if they are in modes. My third idea would be the new mob that is pulled in the battle is that person mode who pulled it in mode. For dungeons, my first idea would be the ones who had the most modes who enter that would be that mode if the people who enter the dungeons modes are the same number it would random or normal mode. My second idea for dungeons would be that the easy mode would take over any hard mode (no matter if there is one, two, or third). My third idea would be that your teacher would come say "Young wizard, two or three of your friends has a different mode than you, would you like hard mode/easy mode?" (depends on which one has more people doing it). I just thought if that game had a hard mode and easy mode more people would play. Challenge before the update. Not challenge after the update. I wish more teens play this that I know in real life. Should a game be harder or more difficult as you keep on going? Not easier. The harder or simpler a game level the more people love it . You can decided which one.
Level 86 "This is one of the few games that makes me feel normal. I have CP which limits me of what I can do I loved the hardness that game had to offer ".

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
The problem with this idea is that it is not realistic. The complexity of programming dual level difficulty into the same scenarios for different players is just not likely to happen. Nor is it likely that they will create duplicates of the same worlds at different levels.

Remember, this game is intended for people who start at age 10 on menu chat. It was meant to be a family friendly kind of game. The fact that it is also enjoyable for older people should not alter the fundamental genre of the game, and this latest update is bringing it back to that fundamental level.

In the past when some players got too strong for areas, they would go back into those areas without their best armor, or sometimes any armor, or with limited spell decks to try new challenges that way. Or they would try to solo dungeons meant for groups. There are lots of ways to create challenges for yourself, if you find a particular area too easy for your tastes.

But on the other hand, people who find areas too hard -- as many did before this last update -- are just plain out of luck. There is nothing they can do. Many players can't get the best equipment, and many are not gaming strategists either due to age limitations or due to personal preferences and life situations. The hard/easy button idea addresses this issue, but not in a way that is likely to be practical.

I think it is more realistic to expect that some areas or quests will be developed that cater to those who like a lot of challenge -- dungeons like Waterworks was when it came out, or the Tower of the Helephant, or dungeon areas like Aquila. All of these can be quite challenging, especially if you go at the level of the dungeon, or solo. People can also go to PvP for harder battles against thinking opponents. And aren't there now also new PvP options that can add even greater challenge?

Historian
May 06, 2009
God life wizard on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
First I been playing mouse games since I was 3 years old!!!! I am in my teens almost a adult. I enjoy the game before that update happened making it easier. I have gotten to the second to last world of the 2nd arc when the update to make the mobs and bosses easier which made me mad because it was not that hard. I have start the game at 2010 where I battle mobs in non - membership areas. I got the undead badges all of them before I finally in 2012 I got membership. My boyfriend who play the game before he was my boyfriend but now he does not play. Second, Hardcore and Casual players could co-exist in some games. Have you heard of Pokémon? There are players who did it for fun and players who are completive. Even try to catch a Pokémon who going around the world for five to 20 hours and Pokémon who will not stay in the ball in throw at them (both are not that fun). Third, I was hoping before the update to try to get my boyfriend back in so that we will have something to play together when we are both in different place. As for the hard mode and easy mode thing, they would have to say something like this "Hey, could I join your battle?" and the person who in the battle are in hard mode and the person who ask to join the battle is in easy mode. My first idea would be maybe they do not see each other in there are in different mode. My second idea would be the player who try to enter the battle is move off in the battle of their own if they are in modes. My third idea would be the new mob that is pulled in the battle is that person mode who pulled it in mode. For dungeons, my first idea would be the ones who had the most modes who enter that would be that mode if the people who enter the dungeons modes are the same number it would random or normal mode. My second idea for dungeons would be that the easy mode would take over any hard mode (no matter if there is one, two, or third). My third idea would be that your teacher would come say "Young wizard, two or three of your friends has a different mode than you, would you like hard mode/easy mode?" (depends on which one has more people doing it). I just thought if that game had a hard mode and easy mode more people would play. Challenge before the update. Not challenge after the update. I wish more teens play this that I know in real life. Should a game be harder or more difficult as you keep on going? Not easier. The harder or simpler a game level the more people love it . You can decided which one.
Level 86 "This is one of the few games that makes me feel normal. I have CP which limits me of what I can do I loved the hardness that game had to offer ".
Let me say that if I came off a bit too strong, I'm sorry. I'm not one who is in favor of a easy or hard mode. I have to agree with FinnAgainWindrider on this. It doesn't seem practical. This system, in away, breaks the players up and defeats the purpose of forming friend and playing in a team. Yes, you could do that within one mode, but then you'e not meeting other players and seeing different view points. I really don't like that.

I also have to agree that the amount of engineering and techincal work is overwhelming and unethical. It doesn't seem worth it to break the game apart to give way to so many player's wants. Your other ideas overcomplicate some things. I think it's just easier with what we have now. You want to join a battle? Join it! A dungeon? Join it! Just be sure to ask.

I'd say the best way KI can appease both sides, is to continue with a gradual difficulty rise throughout the worlds and avoid repetitive story set ups. That way anyone can keep playing and finish the story with minimul frustration. At the same time, and as often as possible, KI should create difficult areas and dungeons and side worlds, such as Briskbreeze Tower, the Waterworks, Tower of the Helephant, Spiral Geographic Warehouse, or Aquila, to cator to those players who want it. It keeps everyone together and if you want to be a particular area, you can without any over complication.

"Should a game be harder or more difficult as you keep on going? Not easier. The harder or simpler a game level the more people love it . You can decided which one."
In response to this, I have always believed a game should get progressively harder as you move on. I'm not advocating that a game get easier as it moves. You're not learning or enhancing yourself that way. But I don't believe things need to leap. I mean, do you think the game's difficulty should move at a babystep then walking pace and then finally running or you hit the ground running? I just feel when need preparation in where we go as challenges get harder and if KI get's to far a head (like a math teacher teaching AP calculus to a Pre-K class that only knows addition) they should be allowed to correct themselves and take a step back (e.i. making it easier if necessary). That's all I'm saying.

P.S.- I'm a teen who plays this game, too. I know you said people you know, but, eh, I thought I might tell ya.

See You In the Spiral!

Defender
May 30, 2010
I know those areas but I thought the hardness of CL would stop people who do not like hardness and keep those gamers who like hard stuff. The only reason CL is my 4th fav. world is the hardness and graphics. P.S. (I have a fear of sharks and fishes). I only like to do the tower and other stuff one time because no one is there if they are there, they want only their friends or are not really there. I only had to do the waterworks and the Tower of Helephant twice because I had to do something or I was not in the battle for the final boss. I hate the people who think just because it is family friendly is should be easy. Have those people actually playing videos games where as the game get harder where they are made a family friendly? How are all the old Nintendo where they were family friendly in the old days but still had hard games? Japan Mario 2 or over here Mario Lost Levels. Zelda 1 and 2 where you did not have a map. Other games. I guess it true what Nintendo say back then. American can not hold on hardness. I just say that the first acre is more for gamers who want a easy time. The second acre was more for the gamers who want a challenge. Should KL respect that? I guess they do not really want all people who like a challenge to stay in the game. They are losing them fast. The people who did not like challenge could have stay in the place they thought was right for them.
Level 86. "Play hard games to prove to myself that I am a true gamer"

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you weren't around when people were bitting heads off when Azteca was coming out, but I was and it was completely ridiculous. The game should not have gotten to that point, in my opinion. Maybe you do see Khrysalis as a complete dissapointment. The 3v1's and the 4v1's are just cake walks. But I find soloing this world a real breather.

Waterworks gear was becoming obsolete at this rate. I don't even use it any more and the power that it provides, in my opinion, still can fend off same-school resist.

"The newest world Khrysalis is WAY too easy. The regular minions/monsters/mobs are a complete joke. Questing has now lost its fun in this game from all the crying and complaining about it was too hard. Go farm the waterworks. Most likely why they made it, so EVERYONE could get decent gear so they COULD quest and fight monsters that didn't just cast trolls and evil snowmen at you."
You sound like a person who doesn't really care about those who struggle, or as long you can get your challenge and is of the few who could survive, then forget about everyone else. My apologize if I'm assuming on what you look to out of the game. This is what understanding from your post. I, personally, think everyone should be able to play the game and have fun, especially in the main arc. Don't forget we have a Part 2 to Khrysalis and it could be much harder than what you're doing now. That is what I expect.

If a large slum of people in the game can't make it to the finish line of the game, then answer me, what do you expect KI to do. Cast those concerns aside and keeping going like it's nothing? Leave everyone behind and only look at those who make it. That makes sense.

I don't mean to sound rude or mean and I'm sorry if I do and are overlooking things in it's context. I'm aslo sorry if I'm over assuming on your opinion. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I understand this is an MMO with tons of players playing and a wide spectrum of ideals on what 'fun' is. I care for those who can't make it and with a came stating it's for the family and kids, I expect it to make sure that group is catered to still have a blast playing. I think everyone who comes into the game should be able to make it to the end and I'd love for siblings and parents to playing together, but it's like this game is loosing sight of that. I think Khrysalis is fine as it is. I'm sorry if you see it as a disappointment.
it sounds a little too easy you shouldn't let people who aren't good at a game win it should you?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
God life wizard on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I know those areas but I thought the hardness of CL would stop people who do not like hardness and keep those gamers who like hard stuff. The only reason CL is my 4th fav. world is the hardness and graphics. P.S. (I have a fear of sharks and fishes). I only like to do the tower and other stuff one time because no one is there if they are there, they want only their friends or are not really there. I only had to do the waterworks and the Tower of Helephant twice because I had to do something or I was not in the battle for the final boss. I hate the people who think just because it is family friendly is should be easy. Have those people actually playing videos games where as the game get harder where they are made a family friendly? How are all the old Nintendo where they were family friendly in the old days but still had hard games? Japan Mario 2 or over here Mario Lost Levels. Zelda 1 and 2 where you did not have a map. Other games. I guess it true what Nintendo say back then. American can not hold on hardness. I just say that the first acre is more for gamers who want a easy time. The second acre was more for the gamers who want a challenge. Should KL respect that? I guess they do not really want all people who like a challenge to stay in the game. They are losing them fast. The people who did not like challenge could have stay in the place they thought was right for them.
Level 86. "Play hard games to prove to myself that I am a true gamer"
Well, the trouble is that the second arc was chasing away a lot of people because it was too hard. This game was never intended to be a hard-core gamer kind of game. It is intended to be a family friendly game, and that applies to the entire game, not just to one part of it.

It is sad that you "hate" people because they want a lighter game than you do. Many of us really grew to love the game in the first arc, and did not want what we grew to enjoy to change into some other kind of game that was more of a grind and less of a delight. In fact, even those who really like the "hard" game, first liked this game when it was "easy" -- otherwise you would never have made it that far. What makes this game great is the magical quality of the story, the visual environment, and the game play -- which itself works due to the balance between questing and other options like PvP and crafting and housing, the balance between individual and solo play, and also the balance between lighter play and more challenging play. That balance was getting tilted too far toward the hard/challenging side. Now they are tilting it back, to allow people who were getting left behind a chance to come back and enjoy it again. You can make it more challenging for yourself if you find it too easy. But for people who find it too hard, there is no cure.

Wizard101 was never meant to be a "hard true gamer" kind of game -- the market is already full of those. Wizard101 is a game for "young wizards" -- it tells us that all the time. I mean, really, when you first discovered you enjoyed this game, were you really trying to prove you were a true gamer? Or did you just find the game so delightful you did not want to stop? And if it is so delightful, then why would you want others to have to stop, just because the first arc of the story came to an end? Why not let everyone have a chance to continue finding delight?

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Here's a simple ideal. Why not let KI make some of the realms- hard realms. So that players can choose to play easy or hard and have the realms labeled hard mode. And when teleporting or just entering to a hard realm, the game gives a warning saying" You are about to enter a hard realm. Do you wish to continue?" This away everyone can have their hard fights and just kick back and play mode.

Hunter WillowGrove lv 95

Defender
May 30, 2010
I agree with you, Wiseone70. But the realms are changing so much it not even funny. It might hurt people who are farming for stuff for crafting items.
FinnAgainWindrider : Then tell how little kids who brought games like Paper Mario (in the first one there is about 3 bosses who haunt kids) (in the second it was easier but those who went to the pit of 100) (In the third one where there is two pits of 100 both of them have there own boss plus a duel of 100) and other games pass really hard boss and guess what they are all rated Everyone not everyone ten and up. Those games were by Nintendo (a family - friend company). For evidence, go on YouTube and search for Chuggaaconroy (have done all third Plus Super Mario RPG), KoopaKungFu (Only done the third one), and NintendoCapriSun (done the second one plus Super Mario RPG). I only have the second one which the final boss and the pit of 100 (which also has a boss of it own and the boss had more HP then the final boss did) has more than 150 each and the final boss has two phases plus both them can heal themselves. What I am trying to say it this! Just because it is a Family - friend game it should be a mixes of hardness and easiness. Right now we need more hardness main world. Should they just keep the hardness or easier of a world when they make it. For anything but computer, we can cry all we want some times, games only have one difficult. I feel if I beat a boss that is hard, I feel more rewarded even if it the same thing you are getting through out the entire game. An example of it would be the 4th boss in Rune Factory 3. The boss called Deathwall where the walls will come in as you are fighting and he (I think) would change in to a sword, hammer, and in it rage mode a dill. It took me a few years to defeat it. What keep me going? Hope. Strength. Other stuff. So I could look it up but what the point if you do not play it yourself.
Level 86 "Would you try a new game, even if it is the hardest game out there? I would"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Well, the trouble is that the second arc was chasing away a lot of people because it was too hard. This game was never intended to be a hard-core gamer kind of game. It is intended to be a family friendly game, and that applies to the entire game, not just to one part of it.

It is sad that you "hate" people because they want a lighter game than you do. Many of us really grew to love the game in the first arc, and did not want what we grew to enjoy to change into some other kind of game that was more of a grind and less of a delight. In fact, even those who really like the "hard" game, first liked this game when it was "easy" -- otherwise you would never have made it that far. What makes this game great is the magical quality of the story, the visual environment, and the game play -- which itself works due to the balance between questing and other options like PvP and crafting and housing, the balance between individual and solo play, and also the balance between lighter play and more challenging play. That balance was getting tilted too far toward the hard/challenging side. Now they are tilting it back, to allow people who were getting left behind a chance to come back and enjoy it again. You can make it more challenging for yourself if you find it too easy. But for people who find it too hard, there is no cure.

Wizard101 was never meant to be a "hard true gamer" kind of game -- the market is already full of those. Wizard101 is a game for "young wizards" -- it tells us that all the time. I mean, really, when you first discovered you enjoyed this game, were you really trying to prove you were a true gamer? Or did you just find the game so delightful you did not want to stop? And if it is so delightful, then why would you want others to have to stop, just because the first arc of the story came to an end? Why not let everyone have a chance to continue finding delight?
I agree, 100%.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
God life wizard on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you, Wiseone70. But the realms are changing so much it not even funny. It might hurt people who are farming for stuff for crafting items.
FinnAgainWindrider : Then tell how little kids who brought games like Paper Mario (in the first one there is about 3 bosses who haunt kids) (in the second it was easier but those who went to the pit of 100) (In the third one where there is two pits of 100 both of them have there own boss plus a duel of 100) and other games pass really hard boss and guess what they are all rated Everyone not everyone ten and up. Those games were by Nintendo (a family - friend company). For evidence, go on YouTube and search for Chuggaaconroy (have done all third Plus Super Mario RPG), KoopaKungFu (Only done the third one), and NintendoCapriSun (done the second one plus Super Mario RPG). I only have the second one which the final boss and the pit of 100 (which also has a boss of it own and the boss had more HP then the final boss did) has more than 150 each and the final boss has two phases plus both them can heal themselves. What I am trying to say it this! Just because it is a Family - friend game it should be a mixes of hardness and easiness. Right now we need more hardness main world. Should they just keep the hardness or easier of a world when they make it. For anything but computer, we can cry all we want some times, games only have one difficult. I feel if I beat a boss that is hard, I feel more rewarded even if it the same thing you are getting through out the entire game. An example of it would be the 4th boss in Rune Factory 3. The boss called Deathwall where the walls will come in as you are fighting and he (I think) would change in to a sword, hammer, and in it rage mode a dill. It took me a few years to defeat it. What keep me going? Hope. Strength. Other stuff. So I could look it up but what the point if you do not play it yourself.
Level 86 "Would you try a new game, even if it is the hardest game out there? I would"
And you just gave a lot of evidence to support what I just said: There are already a lot of other games out there that cater to the hard-core gamer. This game is different, and that difference is what makes it so wonderful. This game is not one of those games, and there is no need to make it one.

Moreover, there is a mix of hard and easy already -- there are areas and parts of this game that already cater to the people who like hard challenges and battles. The entire game does not need to be that way.

Wiseone70's different-realm solution is not a bad idea. However this whole conversation was discussed a lot in a thread that MigueltheFirst started in the test realms board before this update came out. The two-realm (one hard, one easy) solution was discussed there also. And several people pointed out what I said earlier -- it is just not likely to happen. It is too complex and redundant to have two parallel Spiral universes, and I doubt that KI will do it.

I get that you like harder game play. But not everyone does. Making parallel spiral universes is not a realistic solution, and is very unlikely to happen. Given these points, how do we find a way to give everyone opportunities to enjoy the game?

Realistically, I think KI will do in the Spiral what happens in the real world: create different opportunities for different people. Not everyone will enjoy the same style of play. Not everyone will enjoy every aspect of the game. So make the main quest lines and the common areas of the game a middle-ground kind of experience, not too hard and not too soft, something that can appeal to everyone more-or-less. For you, it seems to soft; for others I have read, it is still too hard -- which makes it just about right on the balance. Then create sideline areas and experiences that cater to different interests, difficulty levels, and styles of play. I think that is what KI is trying to do. Everything in the game will never be perfect for everyone. Hopefully on the balance we can all find ways to get along and enjoy both the game play, and each other.

But I think it is dead wrong to try to make Wizard101 into another one of the hard-core gamer games. I choose to play this game, and not those games, because I think this game is much better than the other games. And part of what makes it better, is that it does not try to copy them; Wizard101 is happy to be its own realm.

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
it sounds a little too easy you shouldn't let people who aren't good at a game win it should you?
For one thing, this is a game. Games are meant to be an escape from the real-world and give you a break. They are meant for enjoyment and entertainment purposes only. So who cares if you're not good at it? I think it only matters if you like it and continue to play it. If we look at the beginning of the game, you don't need to be a pro to win it. It's just for the enjoyment.

My belief is that if you're coming to play this game or any game for that matter, you should be able to play it to the extant of your enjoyment. Whether or not they are good at it, means nothing to me. If you like it, enjoy being around it, you should still be able to do that. But by you're words, so if you stink at something, you should not enjoy it at all, yes? I do think, if you can't prepare yourself well enough to do battles, then you are going to be very frustrated and unhappy. But humans adapt! If we can't figure out something one way, we learn from our mistakes and build a new system. And at any case, what stops someone from asking for help? What stops them from getting help if they struggle. From your post, it seems like if aren't good, you should hate it. If you can't win it, and you keep losing, you're going to get frustrated and hate it. I don't think that's good or fair.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
....it doesn't sound like a bad idea but you should get lower level loot or less loot for easy mode

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
For one thing, this is a game. Games are meant to be an escape from the real-world and give you a break. They are meant for enjoyment and entertainment purposes only. So who cares if you're not good at it? I think it only matters if you like it and continue to play it. If we look at the beginning of the game, you don't need to be a pro to win it. It's just for the enjoyment.

My belief is that if you're coming to play this game or any game for that matter, you should be able to play it to the extant of your enjoyment. Whether or not they are good at it, means nothing to me. If you like it, enjoy being around it, you should still be able to do that. But by you're words, so if you stink at something, you should not enjoy it at all, yes? I do think, if you can't prepare yourself well enough to do battles, then you are going to be very frustrated and unhappy. But humans adapt! If we can't figure out something one way, we learn from our mistakes and build a new system. And at any case, what stops someone from asking for help? What stops them from getting help if they struggle. From your post, it seems like if aren't good, you should hate it. If you can't win it, and you keep losing, you're going to get frustrated and hate it. I don't think that's good or fair.
thats when crowns waterworks pets tartarus and pets come in lol

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I think the problem is that with the original level of difficulty, people could NOT just cast a blade round 1 cast second blade round 2 and then attack on round 3 or 4. Due to earthquake, efreet, stuns, etc. Oh well. You can't always play the exact cards you want every battle in the exact order. People want to be able to just attack and mow the mobs over without much thinking.

There is no need for a ridiculous a mount of attack and then have very little resist and block. I mean really? Most of these same types neglect to shield EVER and get surprised when a myth plays earthquake or a fire casts efreet. What else do you think the minions will play? There are VERY VERY FEW threats or obstacles that monsters lay down to defend themselves when you're questing.

- tower shield, stun
- efreet
- earthquake, stun
- maybe a storm lord

- nova's weakness

- death ninja pig weakness

- healing/absorbs

If you know what they CAN DO...... TRY and attempt to prepare for it. I just don't think a lot of people out there are really trying. 18% resist with loads of damage % isn't trying.

Try.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
God life wizard on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
yes hades on hard please. For sure drops but 50 million health bosses that cheat more :D