Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opinion of the Myth School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
When i started playing Wizard101 I was unaware that schools really did anything xD I just agreed with Myth when the quiz recommended it to me

Long story short, I started playing again recently and I don't see like ANY myth players, much less myth spells that could do 1000+ damage (watching youtube videos).

What is everyone's opinion of the Myth school? Do you like it?

See You In The Spiral!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nightblade1705 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
When i started playing Wizard101 I was unaware that schools really did anything xD I just agreed with Myth when the quiz recommended it to me

Long story short, I started playing again recently and I don't see like ANY myth players, much less myth spells that could do 1000+ damage (watching youtube videos).

What is everyone's opinion of the Myth school? Do you like it?

See You In The Spiral!
This has been discussed many times. There are Myth wizards out there...plenty of them...but the school isn't as popular as Death or Ice, etc.

Myth was my first school and i have recently just started playing a new Myth wizard. It takes some figuring out on how to best play Myth, but all schools have their 'ins and outs.'

As for spells, there are higher level spells that can do damage, and any spell can be stronger with the right gear:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Myth_School_Spells

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I like Myth. To me, it feels like a school that needs a bit more strategy and thinking similar to Balance. I just wish minions in Wizard101 were more useful though. Myth is supposed to specialize in using minions, but minions are all just kind of... eh. It's not so much Myth wizards who I think need some attention, but their minions. Heck, I think the minion system as a whole could be re-vamped.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
I'm working on Myth right now, and I'm only level 15 and can break the 500 mark easy, sometimes even 600+ with a Cyclops, Trap, and Charm. I'd be supremely disappointed if I don't get to do 1000 damage at some point...

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I'm a death student and even though i havent trained any of the myth school spells...I have friends that are myth students...and for a myth spell to do 1000+ damage like other schools it all depends on what spell and what kind of traps and blades are you using to increase the damage on the monster. Just yesterday a myth friend helped me battle a storm boss with traps and blades (plus boost cause its storm) he did 23,000 damage! with Medusa spell, So its all how you plan during the battle.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
It's a great school, though not as popular, and harder to play. The school is much more focused around PvP. However, it's still a great school to play, and has its ups and downs, just as any school does.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Myth can be fun, but it is the only school that doesn't have the same role as you advance. Low level it is a good solo school. Mid level it is very strong in 1v1 PvP. At high levels it is good for team support and fighting single bosses but weak against mobs.

I think the reason you don't see many high level Myth is that if you like the school at first - good for solo, great minions, and a strong, early all-enemies attack - you'll hate it later, so a lot of Myth players quit or change schools. It's a shame that KI abandoned the original style of Myth.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
I've played W101 off and on VERY infrequently over the last maybe 3 years? The last time I played Celestia was just about to go live. Myth has always been my least favorite school, the aesthetics and play style just didn't appeal to me. I usually play some sort of healer/support in these kinds of games. So I rolled life and loved it even if my damage wasn't the best I could survive anything. I also rolled a balance wizard, who doesn't love grouping with a balance wizard?? However I recently started a myth wizard that I play with another person and their myth wizard. Wow. Some of the most fun I've had. We both summon a minion and suddenly we have a whole 4 person team but we're only fighting monsters for 2 people! Yes a minion won't replace a competent player but they're loads better then a bad one! And you're not stuck fighting 3 enemies when the other person flees!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I have a lvl 62 Myth Wizard, and right now he is my favorite wizard to play out of the four that I have. Yes, you can easily do more than 1000 points of damage with a spell with a myth wizard, I do regularly.

Myth is great at disrupting enemy defenses, and can stun opponents, and has two-stage attacks that can clear shields before dealing a big hit. Some people like the myth minions, but really after a short while minions become a liability more than a help -- they steal traps and mess up strategy; their AI just isn't that sharp. So I personally don't use the myth minions at all.

I have seen some people complain once they get to the higher realms like Avalon and Azteca that myth is hard to play there. I guess I will find out once I get there if that is true. But, honestly, I think those higher realms are hard regardless of what school you are, so who knows if that is a myth issue only.

But for now, I thoroughly enjoy my myth wizard, and I think it is a great school.