Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone else trying to master three elements?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Hello.

Just was wondering, anyone trying to master three elements (not including astral elements) outside their school? Reasons for this as i see it are as follows, to gain an unpredictable edge in pvp, o be able to seriously kick some monster butt, and just to brag to friends. (third one I don't like, first and second is why i'm doing it)
Hope there are others beside me.

See you in the game.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The problem of using attacks from other schools is you are ultimately going to use your power pips as white pips, thus wasting pips. You could use a mastery amulet to be able to use one other school's attacks, but trying to use three different schools attacks in addition to your own doesn't make much sense.

Then there is also the issue of where do you get blades and traps for these other three schools you are using, and how are you planning to fit four schools worth of attacks in your deck.

I've seen players use a second school effectively in PvP, like Life, Death, or Balance using a Myth amulet. Balance school has attacks in every element. That would be the way to go if you are trying to keep your opponent guessing what kind of attack you have planned next.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
Storm, Death, Life, Balance and Myth. I am way ahead of you

Richard Ashweaver Level 33 Secondary Third Fourth Fifth Wizard.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Well, counting my main school, I'm currently mastering 3 schools. My choices were not the best, and it costs to much to buy them back (lower the prices KI) so I'm stuck with ice and storm as my backup and my main school being balance.

Molly level 77

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Malt22 on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
The problem of using attacks from other schools is you are ultimately going to use your power pips as white pips, thus wasting pips. You could use a mastery amulet to be able to use one other school's attacks, but trying to use three different schools attacks in addition to your own doesn't make much sense.

Then there is also the issue of where do you get blades and traps for these other three schools you are using, and how are you planning to fit four schools worth of attacks in your deck.

I've seen players use a second school effectively in PvP, like Life, Death, or Balance using a Myth amulet. Balance school has attacks in every element. That would be the way to go if you are trying to keep your opponent guessing what kind of attack you have planned next.
Nice observation.
But what I meant with pvp was they could change their decks to many differn't combinations, thus granting unpredictability so no matter if the opponent has fought you before they wont be able to know what comes next from you.

But still, nice point with blades and traps, forgot to think about that. Good thing I have an enchanted armament pet, just need to train it...

Good points and flaws you spotted, also thnx for the balance telling. Multiple elements would probably favour the balance most.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
richardashweaver on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Storm, Death, Life, Balance and Myth. I am way ahead of you

Richard Ashweaver Level 33 Secondary Third Fourth Fifth Wizard.
Awesome, how'd you gather up so many points so quickly?