Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please increase the Pip cap in duels!!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Greyrose, here's what I'm about to say, about the amount of Pips/Power Pips we get in duels. Please listen. I'm getting way too tired of the old 7 Pip cap limit in duels. It's been pretty much that way since the beginning of the game, before the higher rank spells beyond 7 arrived. With the oncoming higher rank spells, it's getting more and more difficult to cast such powerful spells. Please increase the Pip cap in duels so we can have much more Pips to cast more new powerful higher rank spells! I know there are some ways to get by it, but a lot of Wizards have been asking for it for quite a long time, and don't you think it's finally time to raise the Pip limit in duels? I REALLY want to see that happen! Thanks for listening!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
It's just that I've been wanting to have more Pips than 7 since the higher rank spells kept coming, and with more of them on the way, it is getting more and more difficult Wizards to cast such spells, regardless of acquiring amulets that bypass the Pip limit. I want us Wizards to have more Pips for duels beyond the limit of 7, so we can easily cast more powerful higher rank spells.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Trimond297 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
It's just that I've been wanting to have more Pips than 7 since the higher rank spells kept coming, and with more of them on the way, it is getting more and more difficult Wizards to cast such spells, regardless of acquiring amulets that bypass the Pip limit. I want us Wizards to have more Pips for duels beyond the limit of 7, so we can easily cast more powerful higher rank spells.
Getting mastery or exalted amulets don't bypass the pip limit I have no idea what you are saying it makes no sense. Getting those amulet allows you to use powerpips with said school, (and still your own school of course). The limit is not really 7 pips, since powerpips makes it 14 pips, since there is no 14 rank spell we don't need it

Also,if KI adds another pip, all wizards will be able to use rank 8 spells, ra, levy, efreet, medusa, snow angel, skeleton dragon and forest lord. I do not want everybody being able to use those.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Wizgamer105 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Getting mastery or exalted amulets don't bypass the pip limit I have no idea what you are saying it makes no sense. Getting those amulet allows you to use powerpips with said school, (and still your own school of course). The limit is not really 7 pips, since powerpips makes it 14 pips, since there is no 14 rank spell we don't need it

Also,if KI adds another pip, all wizards will be able to use rank 8 spells, ra, levy, efreet, medusa, snow angel, skeleton dragon and forest lord. I do not want everybody being able to use those.
Exactly!!! Then pvp would be more out of control if there were 8 pips at max (encluding full power pips at 16) . But at this rate, Kingsisle will have to make a tri pip of some sort or keep the higher spells above 14 pips. Wonder how that will work out....

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
Increasing the pip limit or creating a tri-pip wouldn't work...

Reasons
1.They would have to take "white pips" out for high levels completely due to the fact that we already have a chance for a power pip, but if we can get 3 different types of pips...It might be able to be done...but KI will need some time to do it, it would be a rather complicated System.

2.Increasing the pip limit might work if Mastery Amulets weren't so big now-a-days. They might raise it when they add more spells but until then...nothing o.O

Malorn Mythhunter
Diviner from the Depths
Lvl 90

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
sorry noob question what is an exalted amulet?

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
critical blizzard on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Not really a noob question at all seeing as they were only added to the game a couple weeks ago. Exalted amulets are basically mastery amulets that give damage, accuracy, and block to that school. They drop from certain bosses in Aquila and are VERY rare to get.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
critical blizzard on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Mastery amulet with little extra boosts. Such as:

Life exalted amulet:
Power pips for life
+2 life damage
+2% outgoing
+20ish block to death and myth

That's just one.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
The pip cap is a complete hinderance. Past a certain level you can no longer use the spells of other schools without that amulet thing-y because your power pips won't work on their spells I would LOVE to get this changed.