Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cipaltli?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I think that's how it's spelled, idk. I'd like to know if anyone was able to solo this quest, henchmen or no henchmen. For me, it was the most epic beatdown I ever encountered here, I used 6 henchmen to no avail, the boss kept throwing the death/Frankenstein multiple spells, and countered any and all shields. We all got killed. I'd also appreciate input of players that teamed up to beat this boss, i swear, I'm a pretty good fighter but I was lost. For the first time ever. I guess Azteca gets harder. KI got 1800 of my Crowns. Not sure it's worth continuing if this is what I have to look forward to. Thanks for reading. :D level 90

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
My balance wizard soloed him. He's actually rather easy to defeat if you know his cheats. There's a guide on Central.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Yes, thanks for the reply. How many times did you try? I followed Central, and got killed twice. Seems my charm and ward spells, that i loaded up on didn't show up on time, and between the minion and the boss i was killed. Rather easy? I had healing treasure cards which did no good. Shields, wiped out by Earthquake. Rather easy? Define relative please. That's like saying if you get too close to the sun, you'll get relatively tanned. Anyways, thanks for the reply :).

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Once you know how she cheats, you can solo and farm her without problems. You should have read the wiki before going in.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Well, let me clarify that by "easy" I don't mean "fast." I'm a slow-and-steady-wins-the-race kind of player, so what I mean by easy is that I soloed it on my first try, no henchmen, and at no time did my health get low enough for me to worry about dying.

Regarding shields, I mostly stopped relying on them in Zafaria. Instead, I swap my gear to maximize resist against whatever boss I'm facing. For Cipactli, that was the full set of crafted Avalon gear: Wyrd-Walker Coif, Wyrd-Walker Robe, Wrought Steel Boots, Courtly DIrk, Argent Rose Ring. That gave me a 58% resist to Death and 32% resist to Myth, and with my wand (Lunarium's Revelation, my only piece of Crowns gear), a 60% boost to incoming healing. With that, a Dr. Von now and then doesn't matter all that much.

My deck: Power Novas, Judgements, SaberTooths, a couple of Super Nova and Mana Burn (only useful if you go first), some Balance Blades, Hexes, Sharpened Blades, Potent Traps, Chastisement, Empowerment, a couple of Reshuffles, 8 Availing Hands and 2 Pixies. The one thing I did do differently for this battle was fill my sideboard with Feint treasure cards. That way I always had a Ward ready when Cipactli called for one, and since he would take the 20% trap off me as soon as I cast it, it was free.

Other than following the "dance," the battle itself was pretty ordinary: kill the minion ASAP, wear down the boss, heal as needed.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
The first time I tried was really hard for me; I was with a mute storm. He was putting storm CONVERTS on the MYTH minions....

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I've seen complaints about this boss and decided to check it out.. little did i know i've already dont this boss, and helped a friend with this boss! it was no problem for me and i didnt even realize how difficult he was supposed to be. i'm a level 88 life and i went in with a level 88 storm, didnt change our decks at all.. he did a tempest and i did a spiny to the boss and it didnt take too long at all. hope you finish though! good luck!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Thanks for the info Prairie, I don't have that gear, but I'll try it again with a better sideboard. Idk I'm a pretty good fighter, I've gotten killed on this boss 5 times now. Gotta love a challenge!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Ok let's make that six times killed, I don't know, what the heck is a ward or charm? I posted what I thought were wards and charms and still got killed. Would someone please post the proper definitions of wards and charms.

Survivor
May 11, 2012
I think to be honest, it's putting out the wrong message to kids that it's ok to cheat. I mean, if we can't, then why should he? It needs to be put right, all those that cheat need it taken off, because if kids see it, they will think it's ok to do it. too.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Vic, I totally agree, and that kind of leads into my next, well not really complaint but an observation. Has to do with the collecting stuff. When we get the quests, it says, sure enough....'defeat x amount of enemies and collect x amount of goods'. It does not say 'defeat x amount of enemies and possibly, maybe you'll collect x amount of goods, or to be realistic you'll have to fight 2x or 3x enemies to collect x amount of goods.' That's disingenuous at best, and at worst it's KingsIsle lying and tricking their customers. In the early stages of the game it's not such a big deal, but when you get to Avalon or Azteca, you're fighting multiple enemies with 3,000 plus health, who also by the way start out with way more pips than you have. Lol! It's like we're being set up to fail. And don't get me started on the useless Critical Rating. When your crits are actually worth something, like in Celestia, 9 out of 10 times you get them when your opponents have like 100 health left. And when you get to Zafaria and Avalon, not to mention Azteca, they all get blocked. Like I said, we're set up to fail, I'm amazed I got a Wizard through Avalon.