Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has KI Copied Avalon's Name?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Just a thought occurred to me recently. After fishing through Wizard101's forum (Dont ask why ) I have founded that someone had mentioned Avalon before even Celestia was made.

This was the post:

Jul 21, 2010

Possible world after Celestia
Yes I know Celestia hasn't even come out yet but as soon as it does people are going to want to know if KI is working on another world. So I'd like to make this about future worlds KI might want to think about. I'm thinking Avalon, take us to the realm of fairies and have us help out say Oberon and Titania or another fairy ruler is Queen Mabb. I think KI can have some fun working on this

Well KI?

Administrator
Not at all, young Wizard. We have worlds mapped out years in advance. Avalon is just such a magical place that it's no surprise that others wanted to see it as well.

Learn more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 17, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Not at all, young Wizard. We have worlds mapped out years in advance. Avalon is just such a magical place that it's no surprise that others wanted to see it as well.

Oh man, that is such a tease. It is one thing to wonder what will be the next world that KI will come up with, but to tell us that KI already knows what all these upcoming worlds will be and keeping it secret ... ugh, what a tease. How many have you already planned? are they main quest lines, side quests, or a new main quest line? OMG soooo many questions and you probably won't answer any .
Can you tell me if I guess correct? How about the wild wild west? or KI headquarters? or maybe a subminiature world of something like Ambross' desk with individual areas of the world being his ink blotter or misc. scrolls on his desk or maybe his crystal ball?
O' maybe I should just forget work now, my brain can't stop thinking about the options ....

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I guess that makes sense. Avalon is already an actual name besides from Wizard101, and the description of Avalon doesn't match much of the actual world.

Appreciate the answer Professor Greyrose

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:

So... Can you tell us what the next world is?

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Avalon, besides that fact that Kingsisle plans their worlds long before they're released, the idea of Avalon has roamed around for ages, since Artorian legend. And, the Avalon in this game that we all love so much does not completely match the "actual" Avalon that is described in Welsh folklore. Avalon was for mages, magicians where often alloted into Avalon. "The Gates of Avalon" were often found in a river, supposedly near the castle of Camelot (and no I am not getting all of my resources from the BBC series "Merlin"), and they where only for those that were not born Avalonian. Avalon was also a place where royalty was allowed in, such as King Arthor, or (most likely not) King Uther Pendragon. Therefore, if any inspiration used it would be this Welsh fable (folklore), and not a comment (even though said comment was very good and I believe it was well written) because as Prof. [Lydia] Greyrose informed us, these games are mapped in a great deal of advance. So, I'm glad to release this information, and I hope that it might of haven some of you an amount (however lean it might be) of insight as to the "history" of the Welsh legend of Avalon. I hope you'll remember this, because even though it's not proven to exist, it's good to know, because it allows us to wonder about the influences of culture in different places, and how things in different societies affect us. Even though this is a tale older than all time, it's an extravagent piece of information to keep. I, as many of you are, am also wondering what the next world might be. But, just as an insight, I would suspect that "Polaris" will be the next world of the spiral, because through my travels in the spiral, I've noticed the word "Polaris" being said (Polaris is the north star; also the main star of the constellation "Ursa Major") and I believe it could be the next world. Yet, there is still the possibility that the next world might be "Mirage" because of Nadia Windstride (I think is her name).

Ronan Darkshade

Explorer
May 06, 2012
King of the Necrom... on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Avalon, besides that fact that Kingsisle plans their worlds long before they're released, the idea of Avalon has roamed around for ages, since Artorian legend. And, the Avalon in this game that we all love so much does not completely match the "actual" Avalon that is described in Welsh folklore. Avalon was for mages, magicians where often alloted into Avalon. "The Gates of Avalon" were often found in a river, supposedly near the castle of Camelot (and no I am not getting all of my resources from the BBC series "Merlin"), and they where only for those that were not born Avalonian. Avalon was also a place where royalty was allowed in, such as King Arthor, or (most likely not) King Uther Pendragon. Therefore, if any inspiration used it would be this Welsh fable (folklore), and not a comment (even though said comment was very good and I believe it was well written) because as Prof. [Lydia] Greyrose informed us, these games are mapped in a great deal of advance. So, I'm glad to release this information, and I hope that it might of haven some of you an amount (however lean it might be) of insight as to the "history" of the Welsh legend of Avalon. I hope you'll remember this, because even though it's not proven to exist, it's good to know, because it allows us to wonder about the influences of culture in different places, and how things in different societies affect us. Even though this is a tale older than all time, it's an extravagent piece of information to keep. I, as many of you are, am also wondering what the next world might be. But, just as an insight, I would suspect that "Polaris" will be the next world of the spiral, because through my travels in the spiral, I've noticed the word "Polaris" being said (Polaris is the north star; also the main star of the constellation "Ursa Major") and I believe it could be the next world. Yet, there is still the possibility that the next world might be "Mirage" because of Nadia Windstride (I think is her name).

Ronan Darkshade
yes unforantly i think polaris is next. i was hoping for a greek world. i even made a whole story on how it would go. if you want to read it go to the dorms and search: level 11 spells! if you read enouth you will find my idea on the world.