Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Faster Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I see that the mounts in the Crowns Shop have, most of the time, around the same percentages. I think that the ones that cost way more should, at least, go faster. They all look cool. So you could add something more to boost that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheShellArcher on May 27, 2013 wrote:
I see that the mounts in the Crowns Shop have, most of the time, around the same percentages. I think that the ones that cost way more should, at least, go faster. They all look cool. So you could add something more to boost that.
40% is fast enough. Anything faster would be very difficult to control, and I'm sure KI has looked into and tested this.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I like the idea of faster mounts. If they are harder to control, then some people won't use them or maybe not use them in certain areas.
But I also had a thought about the slow poke sloth mount or something like it. Although it is slower, it should have special powers to go through walls or portals or something so you can take 'short cuts' that you can't go through with other mounts. I don't know exactly how to work it, but I'm sure KI could come up with something cool.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
how about a mount that can teleport you to the spiral door in addition to walking faster?

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
40% is fast enough. Anything faster would be very difficult to control, and I'm sure KI has looked into and tested this.
Yeah, I agree with RavenLady777. I'd find it a bit hard to control a faster mount. However I think some of the mounts should be a bit cheaper, because there are mounts for 15,000 crowns and ones for 5,000 and they both go at the same rate.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
That would be nice, but possibly difficult for some players.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
In some of the worlds a faster mount would become really hard to use because of loading and lag issues. Currently I often need to pause when entering an area to let all the graphics update and the stuttering calm down. Otherwise you run into an enemy mob.

I think the game program also takes short-cuts to reduce the appearance of lag. Notice how sometimes you are following a mounted wizard that cuts corners sharp and goes through fences and fields? Or it seems like they are sucking health wisps from across the hallway? And sometimes you get pulled into a battle that the person you were following didn't. A faster mount would exaggerate all this.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
maybe flying shoes would be cool... you could fly like superman

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
In some of the worlds a faster mount would become really hard to use because of loading and lag issues. Currently I often need to pause when entering an area to let all the graphics update and the stuttering calm down. Otherwise you run into an enemy mob.

I think the game program also takes short-cuts to reduce the appearance of lag. Notice how sometimes you are following a mounted wizard that cuts corners sharp and goes through fences and fields? Or it seems like they are sucking health wisps from across the hallway? And sometimes you get pulled into a battle that the person you were following didn't. A faster mount would exaggerate all this.
Agreed. Like you I have to pause when moving from one area to the next to let everything load and to avoid unwanted battles.

@Horsebud0, all mounts are 40% except the Sloth. They don't need to be any faster.

The cost of the mounts is based on different factors. For instance, the "Brooms" are cheaper, have been in the game longer and are just BROOMS. But, in my opinion, much easier to control is some areas and easier to sneak by mobs in close quarters. I do have a couple of winged mounts, but prefer to use my brooms. I don't care for the Panthers and other cat mounts for the simple reason, I don't like the constant motion for side to side. Makes me feel like I am on a boat in choppy water.

The more lifelike mounts are going to cost more and the newer they are in the game, the more they will cost.

The most recent mounts have gotten so big, that if you are stopped somewhere, and they get in front of you, they block your view of everything else.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
If KI would consider this then I think they should do no more than 50%.It would be very hard to control that fast.

Tyler Legendfriend 71

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
RavenLady777 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
KI staff have a mount that goes 100% faster and over. Isnt the sloth mount from april first fast enough? (Joking)

Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 90
Eric ~ Level 76
Adam Anvilward ~ Level 76
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 50
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 28
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 28
Eric Legendtamer level 20

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
How about a mount that had personalized speed?
like a special mount that any wizard could pick their speed.

matthew wyrmblade

lvl 82

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
Or mounts that could jump over objects and enemies so you could avoid battles!!!!!!(ex.you are in MooShoo and you want to go from one point to another meanwhile you are nervous. Press the space bar 3 times really fast in a row. Whooooosh!!!!!! From point A to point B!!!!!!).
JoshuaGoldGem

"Anything/everything starts with some thing..."

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Starshine666666 on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Or mounts that could jump over objects and enemies so you could avoid battles!!!!!!(ex.you are in MooShoo and you want to go from one point to another meanwhile you are nervous. Press the space bar 3 times really fast in a row. Whooooosh!!!!!! From point A to point B!!!!!!).
JoshuaGoldGem

"Anything/everything starts with some thing..."
Starshine, that's a great idea. I mentioned that the slow poke sloth should be able to do something special and that would be perfect. You move slower, but you can teleport to any place you see on the screen and "hop" from place to place. That would be a perfect 'balance' to the decreased speed. Maybe when that mount is equipped you can have a little circle showing where you can hop/teleport to sort of like the way google maps does it in street view.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
I think flying shoes would be awesome. Also mounts that could teleport you places could help a lot and save some frustration of finding your way to a spiral door to change worlds.
Level 54

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
sierraisonfire on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, I agree with RavenLady777. I'd find it a bit hard to control a faster mount. However I think some of the mounts should be a bit cheaper, because there are mounts for 15,000 crowns and ones for 5,000 and they both go at the same rate.
I believe they do this because mounts that are really cool (such as the royal lion) they price higher so people buy more crowns. It's the way marketing works sometimes.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
The mount speed we have already (40%) is fast enough. It's not necessary at all to have faster mounts. It would be easier to get pulled into battles, and obviously no one wants that.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
Molly DreamCloud on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
The mount speed we have already (40%) is fast enough. It's not necessary at all to have faster mounts. It would be easier to get pulled into battles, and obviously no one wants that.
Not really. That would only be if you had a really terrible, and laggy computer. But if you had a fast, good computer, (Like Mine) you can probably be able to get around with a high speed mount. And they can also possibly add a thing where you can have a mount with faster turning speed, now that would be a bit useful. And if the mount is really fast, that never means you can't get around places, and i understand what your thinking. But It's not like the screen is just going to go superfast, or zoom and just be way too fast, your mount can still be agile and controllable with high speed. People mostly want high speed mounts so they can get around faster, and sometimes they can even has races if they wish!

Nora Night GrandMaster Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
well, you can always get shoes that make you go faster

40% mount + 5%shoes = 45% faster

that is how it works, right?