Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unstitching

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Eloise has been busy learning how to Unstitch items that she has previously Stitched for you.

If you have items in your backpack that you've stitched, and you now wish to unstitch, simply visit Eloise in any world and select the 'Unstitch' option.

You must have room in your backpack for the new items or you will not be able to unstitch.

This service costs Crowns.

*All No Trade (meaning it cannot be placed in the Shared Bank) attributes will persist when items are stitched. This will prevent the trade of stitched Arena Gear through the Shared Bank for the purpose of unstitching.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 29, 2010
I don't really get what unstitching items is suppose to do other than destroy one of your items.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Maria Fairystaff on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
I don't really get what unstitching items is suppose to do other than destroy one of your items.
It doesn't really destroy anything. It splits your "stitched" gear back into the two items you used to make it. You get both the appearance item and the stats item back. Useful if you want to use the appearance on a different item without destroying the stats of the old item.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Speaking as someone who likes to change styles a lot I must say this is fantastic. I love being able to stitch and unstitch. Plz Plz make sure this makes it into the live game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Unstitching allows you to pass stitched arena gear to another wizard via a mannequin and then unstitch it to place actual arena gear with stats onto a wizard that has never stepped foot in the arena. Are you going to fix this?

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
I see in test you have stopped the trading of stitched arena gear via a mannequin through the shared bank. I applaud you for that. How will you prevent the people that have already traded their items this way in live from unstitching and wearing the arena gear with a wizard that hasn't earned it. Once its unstitched will they be unable to equip it?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
Hi all, i tried this new feature today in test realm and it took my level 60 gear and gave me back only the hat i had used to stitch it with? So in test i lost my WW Gear Hat with stats. Sounds good but they need to work out the bugs on this still, beware or you might lose your good gear trying this.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
The problem is that when you un-stitch hair you get your hair back and the original hat back.

Not the hat you stitched to the hair. That is if a long time ago you had already paid crowns to stitch an ugly hat with good stats to a nicer hat --- and then today stitch that to hair --- when you un-stitch it you get your hair and the ugly stat hat back in it's original factory appearance ---- wasting your previous stitch money.

Please fix this - it's not fair.

Sorry I was in a hurry yesterday: But, thank you very much for trying so hard to give us a way around the loss of items accidentally stitched to the wrong thing (my mom lost her good Water-Works Wand that way, because she had her Look and Stat columns mixed up.)

And, thank you very much for creating a way we can buy crown gear that we want to pass through the shared bank as our characters level up - but which we want to stitch to No Trade Items, for the time being. (Like a pretty Krokopatra outfit or a PVP outfit.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
The problem is that when you un-stitch hair you get your hair back and the original hat back.

Not the hat you stitched to the hair. That is if a long time ago you had already paid crowns to stitch an ugly hat with good stats to a nicer hat --- and then today stitch that to hair --- when you un-stitch it you get your hair and the ugly stat hat back in it's original factory appearance ---- wasting your previous stitch money.

Please fix this - it's not fair.

Sorry I was in a hurry yesterday: But, thank you very much for trying so hard to give us a way around the loss of items accidentally stitched to the wrong thing (my mom lost her good Water-Works Wand that way, because she had her Look and Stat columns mixed up.)

And, thank you very much for creating a way we can buy crown gear that we want to pass through the shared bank as our characters level up - but which we want to stitch to No Trade Items, for the time being. (Like a pretty Krokopatra outfit or a PVP outfit.)
I also like the option added and at a very good time. My mom spent a week or more getting the lvl 56 helm to craft and accidentally stitched it backwards. I was afraid the option would only count for stitch going forward so I checked and found it worked for things done a long time ago.

She hates crafting and I pushed her to make this only to have it end up being a disaster. She was not happy with having to pay again but gathering 17 aether isn't easy either. I would like her to continue on to the robe but after this experience I think my chances are slim.

I expect to see smoke coming from her house where she has piled up and burned all her crafting tables - .

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Professor, now that UN-Stitching has gone to Live Realm, can we get an announcement about the issue of losing the middle stitched item in the UN-Stitching process.

That is - if I had a great stat hat and stitched it to a fun but useless hat (say the Nightcap or the Halloween Hat) and then stitched that to some hair for the Summer - but wanted to Un Stitch for the Holidays --

When I UN-Stitch --- the holiday hat is gone (as of Test Realm - that was the case) and all I got back was the first good Stat Hat I originally stitched ages ago - to the holiday hat - and empty hair.

Obviously I hope there are plans to only take the unstinting process back to the very last stage it was before the latest stitch transaction. But if there aren't plans to do this or if it's been decided for sure that it will remain as it is now - please tell us what ever the case may be.

As it is this is a great service in case you confuse your Look & Stat columns and turned a Water Works won wand into a level 0 beginner Death Wand. Or if you know that you will lose Look pieces each time you re-stitch and un-stitch so you carefully never re-stitch anything you care about losing.

Thanks -

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
It's a great idea so stitch and unstitch things, but I think that the action shouldn't cost crowns. I think that it should cost gold, just like buying back training points should.