Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the best way to spend training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
On my Storm I have 14 training points, I am thinking about putting them into ice up to Tower Shield, life up to Satyr, Elemental Blade&Trap, and Reshuffle, how does this sound and how would do you go about spending your training points

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Teccs on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
On my Storm I have 14 training points, I am thinking about putting them into ice up to Tower Shield, life up to Satyr, Elemental Blade&Trap, and Reshuffle, how does this sound and how would do you go about spending your training points
Sounds about right to me. most recommendations say Ice to Tower then either Life to Satyr or Death to Feint. Always get the blades/traps and reshuffle.
remember later on there are three other schools from which you can train... starting in Celestia.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
RavenLady777 on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
Sounds about right to me. most recommendations say Ice to Tower then either Life to Satyr or Death to Feint. Always get the blades/traps and reshuffle.
remember later on there are three other schools from which you can train... starting in Celestia.
Where do I find the elemental b/ads/traps and reshuffle? I am storm level 40, and have never seen a reshuffle spell.

Thanks.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
gillisr on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
Where do I find the elemental b/ads/traps and reshuffle? I am storm level 40, and have never seen a reshuffle spell.

Thanks.
The elemental blades/traps are given by Niles in Krocatopia - you take the boat ride to get to him.

Reshuffle is on Colossus Blvd across from Mindy in a house there.

I also pick up Stun Block from Diego on Unicorn way.

At level 50 I start the Sun spells that boost my regular school spells, I skip the accruacy ones and follow though to Colossus give in Drum Jungle in Zafaria.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
What about on a Death wizard? I also have a level 59 Death and was thinking of going Ice to Tower, Balance to Weakness and the Colossal Sun Spell line alone with other essentials like reshuffle and Blades/Traps.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Teccs on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
What about on a Death wizard? I also have a level 59 Death and was thinking of going Ice to Tower, Balance to Weakness and the Colossal Sun Spell line alone with other essentials like reshuffle and Blades/Traps.
Really all the extra spells are a matter of play style. Unless the fight really needs it I don't shield ever altho I do believe Tower maybe handy for my Storm but really I could buy TC or have shields I could switch in and out.

Reshuffle is ok if you plan on running with a very limited amount of cards in your hand and want total control over when they return.

What works in beginning worlds doesn't always in the middle or end ones.

I think it's important to be flexible enough with your points so you can have enough to switch directions in mid stream with them if needed.

On my first wizard I did Death to Feint which for Life was handy but I could of skipped the other spells I got since by mid Mooshu I was getting power pips and didn't want to waste them on out of school spells. I was able to make up the 5 points needed for the Sun spells later on but it was close.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I think that the best thing to do is NOT to go for your opposite school, because it you are Death school, (and you used your training points on Life) then if you are fighting a Life enemy with a Death shield on them, you have to choose a path. (And if you were in that situation, I would say use the school they have the shield for, because shields are temporary.)

Brandon SoulThief
Currently a level 45 wizard. (And looking for tips to level up!)

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Teccs on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
I like your ideas.

Ice up to Tower Shield
Life up to Satyr
Elemental Blade
Elemental Trap
Reshuffle
Feint
Damage-boosting sun spells in Celestia+
Sharpened Blade/Potent Trap/Both in Azteca
Whatever you want with your remainder