Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-22-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Friday already? Where did the week go? Well, I can't complain, as it's the end of the week, and time for Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about your typical time in the Spiral. What do you typically like to spend your time doing? PVPing? Questing? Playing pet games? Chatting? Gardening? Crafting? Something else? We're curious to hear your stories and what activities you most frequently participate in!

Have a wonderful weekend! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I really enjoy Questing, Helping my lower-level friends and Posting Messages on the Message Boards.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Falmea on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Friday already? Where did the week go? Well, I can't complain, as it's the end of the week, and time for Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about your typical time in the Spiral. What do you typically like to spend your time doing? PVPing? Questing? Playing pet games? Chatting? Gardening? Crafting? Something else? We're curious to hear your stories and what activities you most frequently participate in!

Have a wonderful weekend! ::grin::
I mainly quest and train my pet(s). I'm here to play and enjoy the game; I don't do most of the other stuff, though I've done PvP a few times, I'd rather just play the game itself.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Ever since the mega pet update, all my questing has been put on hold untill the pets personally used by each of my individual wizards has been made mega. So far I got one pet to mega, and then quested with his wizard untill he got stuck on a cheating boss. I really think cheating bosses should only be in side quests, but this is not the thread for ranting my opinion on the topic.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I like to level up by questing my alt toons. I also like to train my pets to try an achieve the perfect mix.

I pvp occasionally but im not into it all that much, I dont garden because its a waste of my time, I crafted up to max but after i got the 2 things i wanted to craft its now not something i do.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well Professor, you asked, so here's the total and honest scoop. Hope I don't flame you too much, just being honest.

Questing is not as much fun as it used to be, as their is no clear goals, objectives, or real gains anymore. I mean, most level 10 spells were not of much use or very fun. The best part of Azteca, was the enchantments of blades, traps, and heals.

Crafting? You want to ask about crafting? All that work and for what? Hats? I think not, hats are a joke and waste of time. Robe, ok, for all schools except Ice, robes are Barely better, and I do mean Barely, but even 1 resistance and 1 damage is nice, so yes, I will be crafting robes. Boots? Well, the critical Block boots for all schools except Ice, the onces that are Ice/School, are nice, gives 7 resistance, block, and a little bit of damage, so yeah, probably will craft the boots for schools. Rings are and continue to be a joke, same with the amulets. Athame, what 20 health 10 mana and 3 more critical block for all those reagents? I think not!

So, Quest here and there, but not as much fun as it should be, but have to finish questing in order to reach the next level cap and world, hoping that eventually, there will be a big payoff, just not this time. Crafting, barely worth the time and effort, but since it is best gear in game, you have no choice but to craft gear.

Pets, Love Pets, just wish I could not play a minigame and feed my pet. Fine cost me energy, just let me feed my pets my snacks. If I wish to feed and use energy elixers to keep going, that is my choice, don't force me to play or lose a minigame.

Gots to garden those EMPs for them Mega Snacks. so love gardening. One thing, I wish there was a click each plot, then click the seed, and have all the plots you clicked on get the same seed, a mass plant if you will. That would be epic!

Mostly, I farm for gold, hatch, pets, and help others in waterworks or fun areas of the game.

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
I do lots of farming since I love to hatch pets and need lots of gold. I also garden a lot for rare reagents and mega snacks. I also spend a lot of time at the bazaar stocking up on reagents and treasure cards which I give to my friends. I also help out friends (new and old) with their quests. I usually try to get my gear crafting done early so I can tell those the location where to find it.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Now that I got a good pet - Mainly PvP. Always gardening though. Always.

...Although I probably do waste more time than I should hanging out with friends o_o xD

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
I think I usually spend it questing but poor me though. I am done with azteca and there is no point to doing side quests since i am promethean. So not sure what I will do now.

William Nightmancer Promethean thaumaturge

Community Leader
Housing ,gardening, bazaar item hunting, crafting, questing( Either new quests that come out or getting my alts through a world), pets and hanging out talking with friends. I guess in that order? I think It mostly depends on what I feel like at the time I log in. :) I can say every time I log in I check gardens very first thing.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Due to the fact that I really am not a "gamer" type I tend to quest mostly until the game out grows my ability to figure it out easily and I quit and start a new wizard.

I started Wizard101 for the stress free part at a certain point it actually gets too intense for me. I got tired of pushing on just because it was there and I wasn't enjoying the game at that point. My oldest wizard is in AZ but I just can't seem to quest there after the slog feat Avalon was I am tired of it.

I am more of a first Arc player. I do the craft quests up until the Seal of the Seven Seas. I gave up on pets. I garden for fun not profit.

My sites are set quite low in the game because my chance to get never happens most all the time, I prefer sure things. It seems once WW came out more and more of the game became a "chance to get".

I used to play constantly now I play occasionally. The game seemed to change as more serious players joined.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
I spend most of my time questing, but other than that, I don't do very many activities such as gardening or crafting--but I LOVE decorating my castles and hosting huge parties in them, in which we play housing games for hours.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
mainly i like helping my lower level friends so when it comes time for them to do teh same quests as me we can work together and get things done a whole lot faster. other than helping my friends i garden what plants i get from creatures and decortate my house and raise my heck hound. lol it almost seems like wizard101 is my second life.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
when im not questing im gardening hanging out with friends or working on my pet. im waiting for test realm to see what my main pet gets at mega.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Definitely questing. When finished with new worlds, i put on my gardening suit for all my wizards and starts planting KP's DHE's & CP's again. If bored with it, I hatch and train new pets a lot hoping for that elusive perfect pet. PvP? nah i quit doing it a long time ago.

Now if only we had "enemy raid parties" to defend the spiral from from time to time. I'll leave everything im doing and go for it ... but thats another topic I guess lol.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I quest until all my wizards are max level. Then I work on housing, gardening, pet training, and crafting.

Since my Myth wizard is through Azteca, she is back to her self made quest of crafting every furniture item in the spiral--minus the teleporters for now. I actually look forward to the time I have no quests so i can spend more time decorating my houses and training pets.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I enjoy questing and also training pets and learning more things about the game,
also trying to work on my crafting.

- Wolf IceRider - A Lover Of Balance -

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I used to quest a lot, but now i quest maybe once a month. So i spend most of my time talking or doing something completely random.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Moving along my main questline, I'm on the computer for hours

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Questing, gardening, pet training, and just going for badges.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I do a little bit of everything during my playtime.

- The first thing is to check my gardens on all my wizards - all 8 gardens with a 9th one getting set up for 'likes' and should be ready for planting soon.

- I have one wizard that I use to hatch pets and train them, so I'll check and see how much gold she has and hit the 'Bank of Halfang' - sometimes I need to go there several times during the day, if I'm doing a lot of pet hatchings (sometimes I'm on a roll). I'll alternate between hatching and training.

- I'll quest, but I have to think if I want a challenge, like Azteca, or take some of my low-to-mid wizards through the first arc. My Ice is completely done with the game, so she's available to help others with quests when called upon.

- Decorating my houses. It's fun and relaxing when I need a break. I love to do different themes, like Christmas, Halloween, Celestian, Victorian, Egyptian, Under water, etc. I think I have around 12-15 houses so far, so there is lots of decorating, plus tweaking ones that are already decorated.

- I do craft quite a bit. Mostly gear at this time, but I've been collecting recipes for housing items that I want to put in my homes.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
I enjoy decorating my castles (all bundles). I practicly have a town going in my toww (tower of winter winds),but I won't host parties until I have all the bundles, six porters, and enough money and stuff
I also enjoy grinding even though this isn't really a grinding type of game.I even like getting new equipment and helping my friends with quest.But pets,gardening,and PvP are a different story.I don't have a problem with PvP and pets there just getting old,but when I'm gardening I have to keep gardening,and gardening,and gardening,and gardening,and I don't get to have any fun. but over all I enjoy the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I used to enjoy questing, gardening, pet training, completing badges, farming reagents and the game as a whole.

Now, I find myself jumping from one wizard to the next for short runs.

I pushed my main life wiz and got her to Alto Alto, but Az is such a grind with no rewards to speak of that I find it is not fun. It is like working a second job. The gear is nerfed, we still only start with 4 pips at most while our opponents start with on the average of 7+ pips or a boss with 10+ pips. Spells slamming us that we as wizards have not gained as yet when we should be getting them much earlier in the new worlds but the mobs and boss sure are.... Healing boosts that are basically repeats of the previous ones. 3v1 spell quests that are not only tedious, but frustrating to say the least.

I still garden some, a little pet training, and a little questing on one of my noobs. But the rest of it does not seem to matter much anymore. There is no fun or Magic left.

Sorry, but this is what the game consists of for me now.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
I like to quest a lot. I am also a perfectionist so in my spare time I try to finish all of the side quests in my previous worlds. I have less questing to do now because i am in dragonspyre and i need help a lot. When my powerful friends arent here i enjoy helping lower level friends and giving them treasure cards that they couldnt get themselves